s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

20 minutes ago, Wraithdt said:

Any idea when we can expect the wave 4 ships to be fully updated?

With current level of support from community: ~ 1.5-2 months. I still want to finish Wave 3 first, also a lot of AI/rules improvements are in the nearest plans. Thanks to bitsai I have enough help with bugfixes at least.
If you want to see some Wave 4 cards earlier - there is a better place to ask.

This app looks fantastic but I’m struggling to get it to work on iPad. Can someone please run me through how to get it working with cydia impactor. I’ve downloaded that to the iPad and saved it to files but not sure how to get fly casual through cydia impactor. 

Cheers in advance!

chris 

1 minute ago, christhesecond said:

not sure how to get fly casual through cydia impactor.

Try to search on Youtube by words "cydia impactor install ipa" - there are a lot of step-by-step video-instuctions.

1 minute ago, christhesecond said:

Thanks I’ve just had a look. So essentially I would need to put my iTunes password into cydia for it to work?

In few words, you have an unsigned IPA-file. App can be installed only if it is signed (if app from AppStore - it is usually signed by Apple's certificate).
So, to install without Apple's certificate, you create own personal certificate (here your password is needed - to create and then to use it), then say to device "allow to install any app signed by this certificate". Then sign Fly Casual's IPA-file by your certificate and and install to your device.

I’m tech phobic so I think that’s what’s causing me the problem. I’m quite confused by all this. Would it cost much to have it on the App Store? I’m sure you could get people to contribute. I sure would. :)

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, christhesecond said:

Would it cost much to have it on the App Store?

Oh, first, I need to buy license from Disney that will allow me to create Star Wars video games legally. (As I know, at the moment this license belongs to Electronic Arts exclusively, so, seems, that I need to pay enough to them too to cancel that agreement)

So if anyone knows a billionaire who likes "Fly Casual" so much that agree to do this (or, maybe, even planned to buy Disney and EA recently)  - inform me ASAP.

Edited by Sandrem

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Sandrem said:

Oh, first, I need to buy license from Disney that will allow me to create Star Wars video games legally. (As I know, at the moment this license belongs to Electronic Arts exclusively, so, seems, that I need to pay enough to them too to cancel that agreement)

So if anyone knows a billionaire who likes "Fly Casual" so much that agree to do this (or, maybe, even planned to buy Disney and EA recently)  - inform me ASAP.

Crap, I just spent my pocket money on buying Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony. 
Maybe next month.

47 minutes ago, christhesecond said:

I’m tech phobic so I think that’s what’s causing me the problem. I’m quite confused by all this. Would it cost much to have it on the App Store? I’m sure you could get people to contribute. I sure would. :)

I have the suspicion it's going to be cheaper that you buy an Android device, rather than Sandrem buying game publishing licenses from EA and Disney. :)
That, or overcoming your technophobia.

Edited by Azrapse

Had a crash with an interaction between Disabled Power Regulator and Passive Sensors. An N-1 Bravo with Passive Sensors charge spent took the Disabled Power Regulator crit earlier in the combat. When he activated, he gained an ion token and then was not given the opportunity to take his calculate or lock action. Then after he shot, the game crashed to console. After closing the console, the game would not proceed.

screenshots:

4df0c75f7b.png

4a9e7df835.png

c5a793f973.png

59a27fa22a.png

63b4dc5ad6.png

Thanks for all the hard work that is being put into this. It is much appreciated.  I am having an issue with Disabled Power Regulator on countess Ryad where i gain an ion token the only option i have on her next movement is a white k turn with no option to repair the card. Pardon the pun  but it is a never ending loop lol.

5 minutes ago, doji said:

Curious if your long term plan include adding epic ships.

As I remember, none of my Patreon supporters asked for epic mode. So I don't plan to add this mode in the nearest future. But, maybe, I will add 90x180 cm playmat support soon.

If you want to see something in Fly Casual - support development of this in any way. You can understand, I don't plan to spend ~ month or two of my free time to add a feature if no one really wants to play in it.

20 minutes ago, Sandrem said:

As I remember, none of my Patreon supporters asked for epic mode. So I don't plan to add this mode in the nearest future. But, maybe, I will add 90x180 cm playmat support soon.

If you want to see something in Fly Casual - support development of this in any way. You can understand, I don't plan to spend ~ month or two of my free time to add a feature if no one really wants to play in it.

I completely understand, I just notice you added the feature that allowed for more the  100 point game and that got me wondering if you had plans to add it in the future.

Have a great weekend.

Firstly great work with the new AI! Game has become vastly more challenging.

Noted a bug with Black One upgrade thought you might want to know. 

It works fine under normal circumstances but if you do a red move with pattern analyser, the prompt to choose to swap your disabled weapons for an Ion token will not appear. It will just disable your weapons.

Also it will not spend the charge in this instance.

It’s not crashing the game however so not urgent.

Thanks for all your hard work!

10 hours ago, Tyhar7 said:

It works fine under normal circumstances but if you do a red move with pattern analyser

You shouldn't be able to SLAM with Pattern Analyzer at all. It grants you an action before the stress check and SLAM can only be performed during the "perform action" step, which comes after you're stressed. That's possibly the cause of the bug.

2 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

You shouldn't be able to SLAM with Pattern Analyzer at all. It grants you an action before the stress check and SLAM can only be performed during the "perform action" step, which comes after you're stressed. That's possibly the cause of the bug.

I meant if you SLAM a Red turn and then pattern analyser. Which is perfectly legal.

Since the released of 0.9.2, I learned to enjoy the pain and the pleasure to play against opponents with ships in formation.

I seriously think that this is a huge step forward in this freeware. This is totally awesome. More challenge (against formations), and it makes more realistic playtest with our own lists.

thanks again, and I can't wait to have the full hyenas upgrade :P