s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

2 hours ago, LUZ_TAK said:

Hi. I tried to install this in an ipad. I got the .ipa file downloaded somewhere but no idea how to proceed now... any instalation tutorial?

Search on YouTube for "Cydia Impactor: install app"

Just trying the latest version. Very slick.

Only issue I'm having is that the app doesn't seem to be accessing the cards. I'm using a hybrid and a SIM connection, however this worked previously.

Is there some way to clear the game's cache to force it to start over downloading cards? Or does it just pull when needed?

40 minutes ago, Shoulder of Orion said:

Only issue I'm having is that the app doesn't seem to be accessing the cards.

Card images are downloaded during runtime, if no card image is already present in cache.
I think that issue can be caused by your antivirus/firewall.

You can try to delete all cached images (but I doubt that this helps): "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\ImageCache"

44 minutes ago, Sandrem said:

Card images are downloaded during runtime, if no card image is already present in cache.
I think that issue can be caused by your antivirus/firewall.

You can try to delete all cached images (but I doubt that this helps): "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\ImageCache"

Yep, didn't help. Where are the downloaded from? I can try and ping it and see if I'm blocked.

Posted (edited)

Ok so I have installed on my desktop, and it worked fine. 

My hybrid CAN open both of those images but still won't cache any card images. They are both running on the same wifi network.

The main difference seems to be that the desktop pauses and says "loading", while the hybrid goes directly to the blank card images without a pause.

I'm going to delete and reinstall FC on the hybrid including deleting all cached info (that is, entire sandrem/ directory under %userprofile%) and force it to start from scratch and see if that helps.

Edited by Shoulder of Orion

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shoulder of Orion said:

Ok so I have installed on my desktop, and it worked fine. 

My hybrid CAN open both of those images but still won't cache any card images. They are both running on the same wifi network.

The main difference seems to be that the desktop pauses and says "loading", while the hybrid goes directly to the blank card images without a pause.

I'm going to delete and reinstall FC on the hybrid including deleting all cached info (that is, entire sandrem/ directory under %userprofile%) and force it to start from scratch and see if that helps.

Nope, exactly the same. Hybrid still doesn't even attempt to load images (or whatever wall it hits it moves on immediately). This is recent so possibly an antivirus or firewall update - the hybrid is my work computer. Disappointing. Still, I guess that means i just have to learn what all the cards do.

Note the /imagecache directory has been recreated, but is empty. Annoying. 

Edited by Shoulder of Orion

Looks great!

One slight request - not sure how hard it would be to implement.

Duchess: when she activates, you're prompted "do you want to use duchess' ability?" with a Yes/No.

Yes means no ailerons, No means ailerons. Which is correct if you're not stressed.

If you are stressed, then the meaning is the exact opposite, because duchess' pilot ability is what lets you use ailerons when stressed.

I've fallen foul of that a couple of times.

Can you either reverse the meaning when stressed, or (perhaps simpler and clearer for everyone) change the buttons to something like "use adaptive ailerons" and "do not use adaptive ailerons"

I played yesterday on Fly Casual, and something bugged when using passive sensors combined with the haor chall prototype (vultures) and TA-175. I did eceive the calc tokens from TA-175 and did the target lock with thwe haor chall prototype, but received a message while activating the hyena at the combat phase. I received an error instead of the pssive sensor action.

26 minutes ago, drail14me said:

Will there be a way for Player 1 to edit the AI setup?

Not in plans - I want to test AI first.

Also I don't want to allow players to rotate enemy ships 180 degrees during setup 😃 

53 minutes ago, Sandrem said:

Not in plans - I want to test AI first.

Also I don't want to allow players to rotate enemy ships 180 degrees during setup 😃 

HA! Yes, I’m sure some players would send them off the board first round if able. 

I’m excited to see the new AI setup. It would be nice to be able to set up AI squads in common formations for current Meta lists for tournament practice. 

Hi Sandrem, thanks for all the hard work. Any idea when we can expect the wave 4 ships to be fully updated? I want to test the Resistance transport but not all the pilots and upgrade slots are there. Thanks again.