s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

I would like to do 2 suggestions for Sandrem to enhance the experience for players who wished to practice against some teams in AI. I am not patronizing the module, but I think those may be useful:

- Give the option that the ships of the AI can be placed by the player who is playing. If a player wants to try to play a more competitive level, the ships will be in formation, or similarly.
- Give the possibility of placing the ships at angle. If it is possible to rotate them, please tell me how.

Also, I found out a bug. I took Han pilot scum, and I gave him clusters missiles. If I place the firing arc as left-right, I cannot shoot my missiles. We are supposed to be able to.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Silver_leader said:

I would like to do 2 suggestions for Sandrem to enhance the experience for players who wished to practice against some teams in AI. I am not patronizing the module, but I think those may be useful:

- Give the option that the ships of the AI can be placed by the player who is playing. If a player wants to try to play a more competitive level, the ships will be in formation, or similarly.
- Give the possibility of placing the ships at angle. If it is possible to rotate them, please tell me how.

Also, I found out a bug. I took Han pilot scum, and I gave him clusters missiles. If I place the firing arc as left-right, I cannot shoot my missiles. We are supposed to be able to.

Thanks

you can rotate ships that you place at the beginning with the ''Q'' and ''E'' key. On android / touch controls, you need to hold one finger on the ship and another finger to rotate the ship around.

2 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Additionally, you can place the enemy in the Hotseat mode, but you'll have to play both sides. It's slower, but still a good way to play--if you don't have a hard time bouncing back and forth between sides.

It doesn't help you learn to trick or out-guess the enemy at all though. It's perfect information for both sides...

Hardest to fly against, or hardest list for the AI to fly?

The AI doesn't do well controlling cloaking or bombing ships. Nor have I experienced it attempting SLAM or Afterburners, Supernatural Reflexes or some of the Scum Shenanigans.

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 9:25 PM, egudmunson said:

Question Folks---- What are some of the hardest list you have had the AI play?

Thanks for this tool! i love it!!

Default as a benchmark for a usable list is 5 cartel Marauders or 4 T-70s. If you want more of a challenge, up the numbers or make them B-Wings.

Simple Jousters are what the Aggressor droid flies best, and more and more numbers of them continues to improve its odds.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

I have volunteered my services to Sandrem to make a newer Ai Module. I will warn you it may be a bit heavier on your CPU but  HK47 will be focused on better flying Ace Lists and better anticipate your selected maneuver. I just started this about a week ago so don't expect the mod anytime soon but it is a project I am very excited to help tackle. 

HK47 will "hopefully" be able to prosses turn zero setups and have a more responsive Planning Phase, Then if my idea works well and does not eat all the processor power I have a wider plan for responsively figuring out how to utilize cards and fly different archetypes but lest just get the thing to fly better first. 

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Oof. Computer's only 4 years old but already straining.

That said, THANK YOU! I am so excited about the possibilities here!

I am going to do what I can to ease the prosses, I am making what is known as a Finite State Machine that each ship should just be able to run independently of each other rather than how aggressor has one master file with dozens of sub-branches that each churns through. Like I said my focus is on the ability of the Ai with an eye on resources. 

Posted (edited)

Hey Sandrem,

I don't know if this has been reported, I am new to rebels and haven't taken much notice of the bug reporting in the past. 

But every second turn Corran Horn gets his disabled token, regardless if you use his ability or not. Getting a weapons disabled token every second turn is quite frustrating. Tried to play through it.... Could not.

Cheers!

Edited by Archangelspiv

Thank you very much for this fantastic program.

Sure, there are some missing bits and the odd bug around, but it is awesome to get some feel for the handling of ships and to plan out the first couple of rounds for a new list.

Very much appreciated!!

Totally day dreaming here:

We all know the AI is limited (someone posted earlier in the thread that they're working on a new AI) but as a half-step I was imagining a Half-AI version of the game where the AI chooses the maneuvers and the player chooses the actions for the AI. Obviously, you could choose the least beneficial action for the AI, but you'd only be robbing yourself of a better game.

Another daydream item would be having a dozen different set up positions for the AI to choose from instead of what happens right now.

Another is an option for the list creation system to be text based along the lines of YASB.

Yet another is the option to select Extended or Hyperspace only components.

Just things I was thinking of on my way to work this morning.

12 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

Have enjoyed using Ric in the N1, will other pilots be added soon? Appreciate all the work being done!

I plan to add all content to the game, but I cannot add everything at the same time.

If you want to see some cards sooner - ask me this not here, but on Patreon 😃

Posted (edited)

Version 0.9.0 is released

A lot of new features: 
All Wave 1 content, new UI for ship skins (+ easy way to use own), new UI for obstacle selection (+Debris, +Gas Clouds), Docking, Dice Stats.

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.9.0
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Edited by Sandrem