s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Sandrem said:

UI for skin selection is Squad Builder, work in progress:

2lgV05J.png

Will you guys allow us to create and import custom skins?

EDIT: This reminded me, the T-70 model needs an update, the fore wing is incorrect. Actually, the whole wing assembly is weird.

download

Edited by Captain Lackwit

10 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Will you guys allow us to create and import custom skins?

EDIT: This reminded me, the T-70 model needs an update, the fore wing is incorrect. Actually, the whole wing assembly is weird.

Fly Casual is open source. If you want to create better models or new skins - you are welcome.
Contact me in PM, if you need any help to start.

Where has this been all my life? I've subscribed as the lowest level patron since that's all I can afford at the moment but I'll bump up a level when I can. Amazing work!

I see higher level Patrons get to request things. Not this month I'm afraid, but I'm just curious in general... what is the plan in terms of getting all the Crew and Gunner cards implemented? Is that likely to happen this year? I have a Llando Crew and BT-1 Gunner shaped hole in my life/lists :).

28 minutes ago, Waldorf28 said:

... what is the plan in terms of getting all the Crew and Gunner cards implemented? Is that likely to happen this year? I have a Llando Crew and BT-1 Gunner shaped hole in my life/lists :).

I plan to add all remaining content from Wave 1 (and from first 3 conversion kits) in the next update. Then each next wave in each next update.

3 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

Looking forward to this addition,  it will be nice to have something to verify if I am just remembering just the bad rolls, or if my thoughts are justified.

Cool. A lot of time people are misremembering. Cognitive bias and all that.

Then others you legitimately roll 2 evades in your first 40 defense rolls and are ready to go full fire and blood.

6 hours ago, millertime059 said:

Cool. A lot of time people are misremembering. Cognitive bias and all that.

Then others you legitimately roll 2 evades in your first 40 defense rolls and are ready to go full fire and blood.

I had this last night. Was playing vs the AI, AI Wedge rolled 7 evades a Focus and a blank in his first 9 rolls. My Vader was killed in 2 rounds of shooting. I rolled 1 focus and 5 blanks. Direct hit to finish off Vader was just icing on my salty cake lol. 

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, Mu0n729 said:

Thank you for respecting the xws spec! 

https://github.com/elistevens/xws-spec

Yes, selected obstacles are stored in the same file as squad-list, according to XWS format, so import/export of squad with obstacles is supported.

XWS is correctly supported by FE part of Fly Casual, but SE part has some problems with support of format (I developed support of SE content while XWS-SE was not ready yet).
I plan to fix support of XWS format in SE part in "Fly Casual v1.0" (all current saved lists will be broken after that fix)

Edited by Sandrem

Posted (edited)

dont know if this has been reported yet

i encountered a bug which prevents from attacking, something seems to be wrong with the range zero checks maybe. see picture, the scurrg isnt allowed to attach the red tie fighter:

"The target is not a legal target for the attacker"

the red tie however could attack the scurrg. 

flycasual_range0_bug.png

Edited by flooze

8 hours ago, flooze said:

dont know if this has been reported yet

i encountered a bug which prevents from attacking, something seems to be wrong with the range zero checks maybe. see picture, the scurrg isnt allowed to attach the red tie fighter:

"The target is not a legal target for the attacker"

the red tie however could attack the scurrg. 

flycasual_range0_bug.png

Sandrem has said when this sort of stuff happens, you need to stop the game and send him the game file report. It's the only way he can investigate the issue. 

I am putting this here because I have seen a lot of people post screen shots and Sandrem has had the same reply each time.

I cannot for the life of me remember the root path to the file, maybe someone can put it here for me. It's 0330 and I am feeding a new born, help a fella out....

Posted (edited)

Sandrem has said when this sort of stuff happens, you need to stop the game and send him the game file report. It's the only way he can investigate the issue. 

I am putting this here because I have seen a lot of people post screen shots and Sandrem has had the same reply each time.

I cannot for the life of me remember the root path to the file, maybe someone can put it here for me. It's 0330 and I am feeding a new born, help a fella out....

Alright, gonna get this file. Thx mate! 

Edited by flooze

Do you have an ETA on the stats addition? I am finding every game I am playing, I am wishing my Silencers could roll as good Green dice as the AI's /SF's and X Wings. 

I have done my own nerd as **** calculations on my games and on attack on average I roll 31% Hit & 7% Crit with 28% Focus. The AI rolls 44% Hit & 12% Crit and 25% Focus. On Defense I roll 34% Evade & 25% Focus, the AI rolls 40% Evade & 25% Focus.
This is raw rolls, not including rerolls, tokens, upgrades or pilot abilities. I am only including raw rolls as it's not the AI's fault if chose to TL instead of a Focus and it comes to hurt me in defense.

I am a little embarrassed to admit I take stats on games, but I love numbers and stats and this kind of stuff interests me. 

After writing this I think I have just realised what an utter nerd I am 😳

When I fly Corran Horn I seem to get a disabled token even if I choose to skip his bonus attack.  Does anyone else get this?

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, BenDay said:

When I fly Corran Horn I seem to get a disabled token even if I choose to skip his bonus attack.  Does anyone else get this?

Known bug, will be fixed in the next update.

Do you have an ETA on the stats addition?

This feature is ready. I plan to release new version in 7 days.

Edited by Sandrem

Not sure where to report this, but a number of Gunner cards are not available for the Republic ARC-170, most notably Seventh Fleet Gunner and Clone Commander Cody.

14 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Not sure where to report this, but a number of Gunner cards are not available for the Republic ARC-170, most notably Seventh Fleet Gunner and Clone Commander Cody.

The developer has said previously that everything from Wave 1 and the first three conversion kits is scheduled to be in by the first week in June.