s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

46 minutes ago, Sandrem said:

Please, provide screenshots of such bugs. To reproduce this bug, some special conditions are required, and I still don't know them - so I cannot fix it.

I haven't a scrennshot :( . But i was shooting with a imperial swarm, perhaps the problem is that both ships, the ship that was shooting and the friendly ship obstructing, was the same initiative.

5 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Please, add singleplayer HotAC campaign in your Fly Casual!

Oh, you ask me add full campaign mode, to develop it alone, in my free time, and for free? Hmm... I need to think...

Development of Fly Casual depends a lot on community support (from another programmers, 3d-artists, Patreon donators). More support - more things can be added to the game.
So if anyone wants to see cool things - support development. If anyone wants to see cool things, but no one wants to really support - sorry, things don't work in this way 😃

With current level of support I have enough resources to add new ships/cards, to update UI and to fix bugs. I don't have enough resources to develop online mode in the same time, for example.

I want to develop HotAC-like campaign mode, but this is a lot of work. As a few  first steps, I plan to add "Survival mode" with waves of enemies, then support of missions with specific scenarios / win conditions. But I don't know when I will have resources to add these things.

6 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Oh, you ask me add full campaign mode, to develop it alone, in my free time, and for free? Hmm... I need to think...

Development of Fly Casual depends a lot on community support (from another programmers, 3d-artists, Patreon donators). More support - more things can be added to the game.
So if anyone wants to see cool things - support development. If anyone wants to see cool things, but no one wants to really support - sorry, things don't work in this way 😃

With current level of support I have enough resources to add new ships/cards, to update UI and to fix bugs. I don't have enough resources to develop online mode in the same time, for example.

I want to develop HotAC-like campaign mode, but this is a lot of work. As a few  first steps, I plan to add "Survival mode" with waves of enemies, then support of missions with specific scenarios / win conditions. But I don't know when I will have resources to add these things.

Thinking again in the amount of work it would demand, yes, I'm kind of ashamed of asking you that. But I had to try, didn't I?

Can I suggest a workaround? Why don't you start an "unofficial" crowd founding with goals? $X reached = online multiplayer. $XX reached = survival mode. $XXX reached = campaign mode.

There are some people who adapted HotAC to 2nd edition, but the heavy work is on the AI, I believe - something you already did. And you don't need to do a perfect conversion of HotAC, anyways.

Weird case here, I had Grievous attack the noted Tie-Fighter, and for some reason, Outmanoeuver triggered (the tie had one less attack die, the arrow was visible on his sidebar, etc.) but for some reason Grievous ability didnt, and I couldn't reroll 2 die. Usually both ability shouldn't have triggered as I was in arc, but what is really weird was that only one of the two was triggered?

I can only think that it has to do with the way the range for attack is measured, versus something with the firing arc?  I dunno, just a weird hedge case here.

Sandrem_2.jpg

2 hours ago, BlastyMcBlasterFace said:

, and chance you can add different starting setups for AI squads?  Like block formation if you wanna test against a swarm?  Or give us the ability to place forces for both sides?

Advanced setup of AI ships / formation flight are in the nearest plans. I don't have time to add them in the nearest update, but these features will be added in 1-2 months.

22 minutes ago, SteveSpikes said:

Any chance you can fix the Talon Rolls in the future.  They are still locked in the center position.

Tallon Roll has some issues with maneuver planning for AI - not in the nearest updates, I have plans for another things instead.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:00 PM, Sandrem said:

Also, is there adaptation of HotAC campaign by community to Second Edition? Just to understand: if no, then I don't plan to do whole adaptation/playtesting by myself, instead of development of Fly Casual.

Here's the 2.0 HotAC stuff.  https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/HotAC 2.0 Playtest %232.pdf?token=AWxXuJzR-3QW9m8TGToT7XCXhztKaH0l9BUqmfUBD4ei5bFLc0WOHY_sImGuNYzcZTgf0rA9mhJMOamWyx7W3AeNjqT5V4ZeVLpaE5csBE2H_jiWCItE5CcisfXlzCkw7XkpcfPEl-YzSLM2oaKQwJoc

Update is looking really coo!!!

1 hour ago, drail14me said:

Is there a group this is hosted in? I'm having trouble with this link.

How do you update Fly Casual on a PC running Windows 10?

I've been playing on a Mac since the game started but just switched to a PC. I'm sure there is an easy way to update without losing saved squads like I did on the Mac, just haven't figured it out yet.

22 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Android version

APK is uploaded

12 minutes ago, drail14me said:

How do you update Fly Casual on a PC running Windows 10?

I've been playing on a Mac since the game started but just switched to a PC. I'm sure there is an easy way to update without losing saved squads like I did on the Mac, just haven't figured it out yet.

Saved squads are stored in another folder (in user's profile), so you will not lose them - just unpack archive in any folder and run.

Really appreciate all of the work this must take! Getting to play more often as a consequence / test things before I buy them is great!

As a request, how far down are the Remotes on the list of things that are still to be added? Also how complicated is learning to help add stuff to this?

38 minutes ago, PartridgeKing said:

As a request, how far down are the Remotes on the list of things that are still to be added?
Also how complicated is learning to help add stuff to this?

I didn't even research how complex are Remotes. Not in the nearest-mid plans. If they will be in top tier lists from tournaments - I will prioritize them.

There are two kinds of stuff to add:
a) Simple abilities of cards (like Cloaking Device card) - require general programming skills. No skills in Unity are required, you work only with C# code, a lot of examples to copy/paste from another abilities. You need Unity only to run your code.
b) Abilities that require special UI changes (like new types of obstacles, Remotes, ability to Lock an obstacle) - you need skills in Unity (GameObjects, Prefabs, RectTransforms, Colliders, Rays). Unity is easy to learn - there are a lot of tutorials.