s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Fantastic work as always, Sandrem and Team FC! Would like to put in a request to add gunner Paige Tico (to practice Double-Tap Bennie MG-100 Resistance builds). Thanks!

Can't add the screenshot here but I'd be glad to send it to you if there's a good way to do so?

App seemed to crash due to Console Fire destroying my ship. My ship was removed, but it seemed to be attempting to complete it's attack (the enemy ships were blinking, like it wanted me to chose a target) until it froze up.

Reminds me of a thing. Ships that die to console fire being destroyed and removed before they can complete an attack. Is this still the case in Fly Casual 7.5?

I believe its incorrect. Ships are removed at the end of their Initiative step which is after every ship at that step has engaged. Engaging includes shooting, if you can, before you are removed. 

1 minute ago, Cuz05 said:

Reminds me of a thing. Ships that die to console fire being destroyed and removed before they can complete an attack. Is this still the case in Fly Casual 7.5?

I believe its incorrect. Ships are removed at the end of their Initiative step which is after every ship at that step has engaged. Engaging includes shooting, if you can, before you are removed. 

Yup, that was my issue.

4 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Yup, that was my issue.

Ah, I see. I haven't had it crash every time, so was wondering if it had been implemented that way now, when it hadn't been before. Like, there is the problem sort of thing..... :)

I played a couple of games  last night trying to use Cluster Missiles but the game never let me attack a second target, it's always an invalid target even if the target is at range 0-1 of the first target and in range 1-2 of my primary arc.

Hi, quick question:

Are there any different language versions of app? I am thinking about different localization. From what I understand all I need is agreement from author? Anyone tried make some localization before and can give some tips?

Thanks a lot for any info !

7 hours ago, buqalsky said:

Are there any different language versions of app? I am thinking about different localization.

At the moment game supports only one language.

Text is hardcoded into the code, so first we need to move all text to a separate file. If you know programming, I can help you to do this, but this is a lot of work.

What language do you want to add?

Current popularity of the game:
60% of players are from USA, UK, Canada and Australia
7,5% from Germany
4,8% from France

Version 0.7.6 is released

All SE pilots are implemented.
Costs of Lieutenant Dormitz and Hyperspace Tracking Data are updated.
More cards in "Unreleased content" mod, including tactical relays.

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.7.6

Support: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

For some reason I couldn't use Oicunn ability to attack at range 0 using my side arc, and Quickdraw's ability to shoot a second time bugged out and didn't let me choose an enemy ship even though they were legal target and flashing. Unfortunately don't have screenshot but if it happens again i'll be sure to send them!

17 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

I flew vs an AI 5A-Wing list the other day, I put Heroic on all of them, and the AI never chose to use it despite blanking out a few times.

I did the same. Found incontrovertible proof that you need more than half a brain to fly 5 A2's :D

Any news on the next update? Even just adjusting the points on the clone wars upgrades and pilots that are already implemented now that the points are out would be great for practice with those factions! Thanks again for all the great work you've put into this simulator!

11 hours ago, Sandrem said:

New version is almost ready. I want only to fix few bugs / add few UI improvements. Update will be released in 1-2 days.

Can't wait! I've been meaning to try flying a true vulture swarm to see how it goes! Any hope on getting the grappling struts for the vultures?

On 3/26/2019 at 11:31 PM, Sandrem said:

New version is almost ready. I want only to fix few bugs / add few UI improvements. Update will be released in 1-2 days.

I hope you fixed the Talon Roll issue where it's locked in the center position after completing the roll.
Keep up the great work, Sandrem.

5 minutes ago, ahdaniels76 said:

Will the upcoming release include internet play?  

No. Current support on Patreon allows me to spend only limited time on my project. I don't have enough free time to develop all parts of the game. In this version I updated UI to support alternative display aspect ratios (like ultra-wide or new iPhones) - and I still don't have enough resources to finish all UI improvements that I want. As result, some parts of UI will be disabled until next small updated.
So, internet play is disabled until I will finish core parts of the game, or until I will get more time/support to do them both.