s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

3 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Try to search for "~/Library/Application Support/Sandrem/Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator/Second Edition/RandomAiSquadrons"

(Info from documentation of Unity: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Application-persistentDataPath.html)

Found it with that link! Looks like when I installed originally, Unity used a different location. In case it helps someone in the future, the files were at:

~/Library/Application Support/unity.Sandrem.X-Wing TMG Simulator/Second Edition/RandomAiSquadrons

thanks for the help! I look forward to the AI trying to fly my goofy lists!

I absolutely love the Fly Casual Simulator.  I use it often to try out builds. I'm not sure if this has been addressed.  I have noticed that you cannot adjust the position of completed Talon Rolls.  It's always ends in the center position.
Keep up the great work on this awesome app.

Thank  you so much for this simulator. I am currently sick at home  with zero chance to meet anybody for a match. Downloaded, installed and successfully played a couple of matches. Some questions:

is it possible to set difficulty levels ? When I let the computer build a list for the AI it will Comedy with anything but „casual“.

I could find out how to place obstacles manually, always had to select random placement. Any hint?

22 minutes ago, pfs2222 said:

Thank  you so much for this simulator. I am currently sick at home  with zero chance to meet anybody for a match. Downloaded, installed and successfully played a couple of matches. Some questions:

is it possible to set difficulty levels ? When I let the computer build a list for the AI it will Comedy with anything but „casual“.

I could find out how to place obstacles manually, always had to select random placement. Any hint?

Click on the asteroids off to the left

4 hours ago, pfs2222 said:

The only real way to do this is to select 'customise' at the opposing team selection and set up your own. You can pick a squad that matches the level of difficulty you're looking for.

The 4 Rebel TIEs is a pretty easy match up :D

Worth noting that the AI will not perform anything more complex than focus/lock/rotate and pilot/ship abilities. So no boost, roll, cloak etc. 

53 minutes ago, Estarriol said:

Loving your work :) any ideas when multiplayer will be back? 

I don't have enough free time to develop/fix both local (vs AI) and network mode. So, later, when local mode will be almost finished.

Or if I will get more support on Patreon, that will give me more free time for development.

Downloaded Fly Casual for the first tiem a few days ago.  got about 6 games in and it crashed.

Next time, got 2 games before crash.

Then 1 game a couple times.

Now, it will let me download squads, and when I hit next to go play the game, it crashes.

Downloaded 0.7.4 and tried again.  Still crashy.

Running windows 10.

Any suggestions?

12 minutes ago, Diemilkweed said:

Downloaded Fly Casual for the first tiem a few days ago.  got about 6 games in and it crashed.

Next time, got 2 games before crash.

Then 1 game a couple times.

Now, it will let me download squads, and when I hit next to go play the game, it crashes.

Downloaded 0.7.4 and tried again.  Still crashy.

Running windows 10.

Any suggestions?

This app is far from perfect and it's definitely a work in progress.

Check the github issues page here: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/issues see if it's an existing issue that you're hitting. That will likely take some work to confirm. You'll need to know what you were doing when it crashed, and it's a good idea to have the contents of the console. I think there was also some function to make a log-file but I can't find that info now (someone help).

I've also noticed that the first time I download a new version, it usually takes a while before all of the components load. If I see stuff missing in the squad-builder, I always wait, just in case. That might not be what you're hitting but it's something. Usually I wait about 20 minutes though it doesn't seem to happen as much on newest releases.

First time using your application today, it's fantastic - thank you!

I noticed some cards have their hover-over image show up which is very helpful for a learner player like myself, are there future plans to add more cards to the 'hover-over' view?

I lost a couple of first attempt games to the AI, seems my ability to play FO is very bad, but good old Fenn Rau list later and I managed to pull a win with 3 hp remaining :)

@Sandrem while using Luke Gunners ability to rotate the arc on Rebel Han, it uses all force tokens instead of just 1. I had Kanan Jarrus crew for the second force just to give you as much info as I can.

love the game, thank you!

Version 0.7.5 is released

Some content from Wave 3 preview articles is available now. You need to turn on "Unreleased content" mod in Main Menu. WARNING: there is no official information about cost and upgrade slots - temporary values are used.

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.7.5

Support: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Edited by Sandrem

@Sandrem Just throwing it out there, Oddball is a pilot for the Republic ARC as well (presumably with the same exact ability) ;) I think it's awesome that you guys have the new stuff in there, as much as I'm generally uninterested in proxying ships pre-release. Thanks again for all your work!