s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Thank you so much for all the work you do on this, I thoroughly enjoy using the program when I can't get face to face games in.

I get so surprised (and sometimes upset for you) at all the incessant requests and gripes to add in this or that or whatever. I hope people realize that you do this during your free time for free. If an upgrade or ship that I wanted to use isn't in the program it challenges me to use something else, which on at least two occasions has caused me to end up editing my squad.

Thanks again.

11 hours ago, Blast Tundra said:

I've encountered quite a few pilot abilities and upgrades that don't activate when they should or work correctly, and some missing upgrades (Death Troopers off the top of my head.)  Great application though but slamming Oicunn into the enemy and not being able to attack is frustrating, as is the configuration on Alpha Star Wings not letting them attack after performing a SLAM.  Minor in the great scheme of things as the dev is clearly working hard.

I am testing the Starwings pretty much every day and I think they work correctly.

Remember that the configurations let you fire either ordnance or cannons  when you have one disarm token. That's all. They won't let you fire the primary weapon, they won't let you fire the wrong weapon (ordnance with XG-1, for example), and they won't let you fire with two disarm tokens (like when you SLAM, then Reload).
Also, OS-1 won't let you fire Barrage Rockets or Proton Rockets unless you have a lock on your target, even when the rockets only require you to have Focus.

Can you give an example of when they should be able to attack but can't?

Edited by Azrapse

2 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

I am testing the Starwings pretty much every day and I think they work correctly.

Remember that the configurations let you fire either ordnance or cannons  when you have one disarm token. That's all. They won't let you fire the primary weapon, they won't let you fire the wrong weapon (ordnance with XG-1, for example), and they won't let you fire with two disarm tokens (like when you SLAM, then Reload).
Also, OS-1 won't let you fire Barrage Rockets or Proton Rockets unless you have a lock on your target, even when the rockets only require you to have Focus.

Can you give an example of when they should be able to attack but can't?

Ahhhh, that's where I'd gotten myself confused - I wasn't locked but was focused!!  Surprising how much difference being able to actually see the tokens makes eh.  Thanks for clearing that up

Just now, Blast Tundra said:

Ahhhh, that's where I'd gotten myself confused - I wasn't locked but was focused!!  Surprising how much difference being able to actually see the tokens makes eh.  Thanks for clearing that up

No problem. I got also really disappointed that Barrage Gunboats weren't as good as I thought they would be with OS-1. Having to have both focus and lock to fire them after SLAM becomes too hard to keep up with.

About your other question, I am the one who programmed Death Troopers for First Edition. There they were just an okay upgrade. Too expensive and taking two crew slots barely justified by its ability but you could see some use on a TIE Shuttle, I guess.
They openly suck in Second Edition. You still need a ship able to carry two crew, so an entire Lambda or Reaper, and the only thing you get for 6 points is some minor annoyance. Your opponent only needs to make sure that he either doesn't get stress, or does a blue maneuver that leaves him out of range 1 to still remove their stress.
Phasma does much more for much less (1 fewer point, 1 fewer crew slot) so it's no wonder that nobody has felt the urge to program Death Troopers in Second Edition. 
The least popular or useful upgrades that aren't trivial to program usually end up waiting for someone bored enough to be willing to waste some time on them, when there are so many other things requiring attention elsewhere.

I think you are massively underestimating the power of Death Troopers. How many ships have blue manoeuvres that can cover the range 1 bubble of a medium or large based ship? The easiest counter to them is to not stress, correct, but that has a huge impact on how you approach things in game. Depending on the initiative of the ships, you might struggle to ever turn around after the initial engagement 

45 minutes ago, MatCauthonReborn said:

I think you are massively underestimating the power of Death Troopers. How many ships have blue manoeuvres that can cover the range 1 bubble of a medium or large based ship? The easiest counter to them is to not stress, correct, but that has a huge impact on how you approach things in game. Depending on the initiative of the ships, you might struggle to ever turn around after the initial engagement 

I don't deny it has some uses. But I am not sure if there are many that will opt to bring a large ship, fill it up with Death Troopers, and use it to throw it on the face of stressed ships. The utility is there, but the cost is just too high, especially when the troopers fill the whole ship.

Anyway, with you it's then two people that have shown some interest on Death Troopers. I will be happy to convert them to Second Edition if no-one else in the dev team does it first. :) 

54 minutes ago, MatCauthonReborn said:

I am sorry but 2 pt Leia really removes the struggle of turning around.

2 hours ago, player3049613 said:

I am sorry but 2 pt Leia really removes the struggle of turning around.

For one faction out of seven...

I know it's maybe not the best of upgrades (if it was, you'd see it everywhere).  Lots of players will never have seen it on the board and get punished hard when they miss out on their modifiers.

I've started chucking my Resistance lists into the app to play-test ideas etc and I've found that C3-PO, Paige Tico and Ferrosphere Paint are missing.

Regarding Death Troopers, I like them on the Decimator which I play as a blocker.

Also when using Rose Tico - and this might be that my friends and I have misinterpreted the rule - but her card says "Spend 1 of your results..." and a blank is technically a result, which is why it's so powerful combined with Finn; so going by my understanding of the rules, the app auto-picks a result for you where as I think you should be able to choose, similarly to how you can choose blanks or blanks and focuses when rerolling for Target Lock.  Feel free to correct me on this, I've tried to FAQ it and not found anything to tell me otherwise, which is why we play it this way happily.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:11 PM, wurms said:

@Sandrem

Seems to be a bug for vet turret gunner. AI had Ywing with dorsel and vet turret gunner. Both games, first shot from Ywing with primary goes through, then when it should decide on vet turret gunner (I think they were range 3 out of dorsels range) and the game froze.

Screen shots are HERE

I don't have VTG in mine... :huh:

On 2/5/2019 at 9:40 PM, TheSpitfired said:

Thank you so much for all the work you do on this, I thoroughly enjoy using the program when I can't get face to face games in.

I get so surprised (and sometimes upset for you) at all the incessant requests and gripes to add in this or that or whatever. I hope people realize that you do this during your free time for free. If an upgrade or ship that I wanted to use isn't in the program it challenges me to use something else, which on at least two occasions has caused me to end up editing my squad.

Thanks again.

Well, not totally free. He does have a Patreon page where many donate on a monthly level. One of those levels let’s you suggest ships to add. Take a look if you want to help him help us. 

Add me to the list of parties interested in Death Troopers

Also think ISB slicer is massively underrated. With so many people complaining about the nerf to jam in 2e, you’d think that a cheap crew that completely undoes it would see more use, especially when Sloane ships usually have an empty slot and a free jamming beam/action

I was trying out Quickdraw and after getting hit, I got the opportunity to fire out the front & rear with the SF Gunner. Firing out the front went as normal. Firing out the rear froze the game.

Here's a screen shot.

VX55DXU.jpg

------------------------------

Thanks for the simulator @Sandrem

I just got a new position so I'll be sending you some $$ pretty soon.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:15 AM, Sandrem said:

"%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\RandomAiSquadrons"

Just copy your saved squadrons from "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\SavedSquadrons"

i am a not computer smrt can someone enplane this to me or show me a YouTube video? thanks 

On 1/16/2019 at 6:15 AM, Sandrem said:

"%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\RandomAiSquadrons"

Just copy your saved squadrons from "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\SavedSquadrons"

where are these stored on a Mac?