Jump to content
s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Recommended Posts

I was wondering... would it be possible in a future iteration to have the AI deploy in a random or even pre-set formation rather than straight across all abreast like they do now?

And when selecting a random AI opponent, for saved lists to be an option for the AI to choose from. I see the Wedge list, Porkins, and Vader a lot when I have the AI do a random list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

I was wondering... would it be possible in a future iteration to have the AI deploy in a random or even pre-set formation rather than straight across all abreast like they do now?

And when selecting a random AI opponent, for saved lists to be an option for the AI to choose from. I see the Wedge list, Porkins, and Vader a lot when I have the AI do a random list.

There is a specific save location for AI lists. It's mentioned earlier in this thread. I can't remember where though.... but if you add in lists that don't require positional synergy the AI does ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shoulder of Orion said:

There is a specific save location for AI lists.

"%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\RandomAiSquadrons"

Just copy your saved squadrons from "%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\SavedSquadrons"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Anyone able to get Cluster Missiles to work for them properly? I'll get the option to select a second target but it never actually does so I have to select "Skip".

Nope, ditto.

On that note, as it is one of a couple things that squelch a squad I've been wanting to test. 

Ved Foslo cannot select manoeuvres that are not on his dial. Sad face.

Since I'm here, a question I've been pondering.... Are the dice super swingy or is it just me? I find they are either really hot or really cold, seldom nicely warm. Warm dice suit testing very well, hot and cold notsomuch.

Has there been a change in the dice machine at all? Because I feel it didn't used to be this way.

Still, it could be subjective or just a weird run on my part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great app! Bug report: getting crashes every time AI uses Empire TIE Interceptors in player vs AI mode (Android .apk version 0.7.1). Usually occurs 3-4 moves into a match.

Edit: I think we found the problem: TIE Interceptors lost their 5K (5 Koiogran turn) maneuver in 2nd edition. When the AI for a 2nd Ed TIE Interceptor calls for that maneuver, Fly Casual crashes. Bugrep submitted in GitHub. Recommend not using TIE Interceptors in AI mode until fixed.

R/,

Tomcattwo

Edited by Tomcattwo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bigdan said:

Is there a big online presence or do most people just play against the AI?

I might try playing online once it supports more cards I want to fly.

I thought AI vs AI may be a decent way to do initial testing, but apparently it doesn't work for triple Lambdas.  Every time I try, the AI flies a full-health ship right off the board.  ;_;

Edited by JJ48

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bigdan said:

Is there a big online presence or do most people just play against the AI?

Network mode is not enough stable yet.

Only 2% of games are started in online mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I might try playing online once it supports more cards I want to fly.

I thought AI vs AI may be a decent way to do initial testing, but apparently it doesn't work for triple Lambdas.  Every time I try, the AI flies a full-health ship right off the board.  ;_;

Current AI plans only 1 turn ahead, so large ships have a problem with "don't make a move, that leads off the board next turn".

Next update will be released soon with new AI where this problem is fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 10:17 AM, Sandrem said:

Current AI plans only 1 turn ahead, so large ships have a problem with "don't make a move, that leads off the board next turn".

Next update will be released soon with new AI where this problem is fixed.

Tremendous job! Will the new official points be taken into the upcoming update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 0.7.2 is released!
New advanced AI, January cost update, a bit of new content, bugfixes.
Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.7.2
Support: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem


Wave 3 will have a lot of new ship models, so if anyone wants to help with creation of models and textures - please, contact me. Also help of programmers and UI designers is always useful 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...