s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

@Sandrem Great work on this. I recently fired it up again (0.7.1) on Android and noticed that during setup the rules governing asteroid placement in relation to the board edge are no longer in effect.

Also, if you could add information crew that would be great.

Thanks

Great work on this I'm enjoying it a lot. 

Noticed that red actions don't appear to create stress if they fail. Specifically the resistance A-wings gyro actions. 

Also the exclusive upgrade cards, Finn, Rose, Han ect.. can be put on multiple ships. 

Also a bit of a wish list, would like to see composure and resistance C3P0 implemented.

Really want to run a Snap-Composure build. 

Thanks

Edited by Tyhar7

Just want to add my thanks for this hard work as well. It has really helped me test lists for my ships and think about different combinations. Keep up the great work!

Now if someone could do the same for Armada :D

First of all, I want to thank you for creating this software.  I want to point out an error I have been getting.  Thanisson Upsilon Shuttle with Phasma.  The game gets an error and will not advance when you apply the tractor token after the stress from Phasma.

Posted (edited)

Just found out about this neat app from a friend a couple days ago and have been playing a few games with the AI, which is admittedly a bit basic. Great for testing out lists though.

Does anyone actually play online versus on this? I’m interested to try it out.

Edited by Wraithdt

2 hours ago, Wraithdt said:

Just found out about this neat app from a friend a couple days ago and have been playing a few games with the AI, which is admittedly a bit basic. Great for testing out lists though.

Does anyone actually play online versus on this? I’m interested to try it out.

Someone (Salt Mines podcast, IIRC) tried an entire tournament, but they swapped to TTS/Vassal when it kept crashing in a majority of games.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:09 AM, Matanui3 said:

Someone (Salt Mines podcast, IIRC) tried an entire tournament, but they swapped to TTS/Vassal when it kept crashing in a majority of games.

Hey, some of us use FC still :P

So uh Biggs shouldn't be once-per-game but I guess he is in FC and that caused problems for me thanks :D 

On 1/4/2019 at 9:09 AM, Matanui3 said:

On 1/5/2019 at 3:26 PM, SpiderMana said:

Hey, some of us use FC still :P

I used FC for all but 2 games. and only it one game was it unusable.

44 minutes ago, player3049613 said:

I used FC for all but 2 games. and only it one game was it unusable.

I mean it crashed on every game but one. Most made it far enough to declare a winner if we didn’t have time for/feel the need for a rematch, though.

U-Wings currently have incorrect number of evade dice. They should have two with pivot wings open and one with closed. At the moment it's one while open and zero when closed. Or at least that's the case with Saw. 

When using Swarm Tactics on multiple ships, it asks to resolve as Swarm Tactics #1, Swarm Tactics #2, etc.. Would it be possible to list the pilot names? Am I missing an obvious numbering system for ships? 

Also, when setting dials, when the activation phase starts, the maneuver indicator shows as blank for all my ships. 

1 hour ago, Wedgeismyhero said:

Also, when setting dials, when the activation phase starts, the maneuver indicator shows as blank for all my ships. 

This just basically simulates having your dial face down. You should be able to check it at this stage, by hovering your cursor over it. When your ship activates, the system then 'reveals your dial'.

First, I love the program and appreciate the effort.   It's great for playing vs AI to test some movement. 

But it is very frustrating that I can't get online games to work beyond a turn or two.  It's been that way for me through the last few versions.  Same for my friends.  It just starts getting interesting then one side (or both?) crashes.   

Is the online game stability a problem that can be solved?

Thanks!

16 hours ago, ahdaniels76 said:

First, I love the program and appreciate the effort.   It's great for playing vs AI to test some movement. 

But it is very frustrating that I can't get online games to work beyond a turn or two.  It's been that way for me through the last few versions.  Same for my friends.  It just starts getting interesting then one side (or both?) crashes.   

Is the online game stability a problem that can be solved?

Thanks!

I agree with all of your sentiments here, I love FlyCasual, and I wish it worked better online.

From what I've noticed/heard about how FlyCasual is programmed, the crashes mostly happen when ships do multiple things (like, when a TIE Reaper or Striker does two movements, or when a ship does two actions, or something like that). Lots of pilot abilities also break the game sometimes. 

So to keep the crashes down, you could try flying only squads that just do the normal one maneuver and one action per turn, and only use non-named pilots. Generics X-Wings vs Generic TIE Fighters or something like that. 

Quality of online mode depends on reported bugs. If no bugs are reported - no fixes are done. So, please, report bugs (with squad lists, screenshots, content of console). Just words "game in online mode crashes" is not a bug report - I don't have enough information to fix anything.

Edited by Sandrem

6 minutes ago, Sandrem said:

Quality of online mode depends on reported bugs. If no bugs are reported - no fixes are done. So, please, report bugs (with squad lists, screenshots, content of console). Just words "game in online mode crashes" is not a bug report - I don't have enough information to fix anything.

Will do!   via Github?