s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

48 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Would implementing it in a different way...  say, offering the attacker the choice to spend all results for 1 auto hit, or cancel 3 results to remove all defence dice.... solve any issues?

Makes it a completely different weapon, technically, but allows the option to experiment with something akin.

Well, but then it wouldn't be Homing Missiles, but something else, as you said.
It would trigger any kind of abilities that trigger when rolling dice, when spending dice results, and who knows what else, that Homing Missiles wouldn't normally trigger. 

I think I'm stupid.  I downloaded the Windows.zip file for the hotfix (did not download the original 0.7.0 because the file sizes were the same so I assumed it was an independent release). I deleted the old installation. I ran the new program, but it is still 0.6.5.1 and tells me there is a new version available. What did I do wrong?

16 minutes ago, TheHumanHydra said:

What did I do wrong?

Just try again:

1) Be sure that you download "Windows.zip" from https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.7.0.1
(not from https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.6.5.1)

2) Extract archive to a folder. If another files were present - overwrite them.

3) Make sure that you run "FlyCasual.exe" from that folder (for example, not a link to another version of the game in another folder)

I don't know what another missteps can be done...

3 hours ago, Azrapse said:

Well, but then it wouldn't be Homing Missiles, but something else, as you said.
It would trigger any kind of abilities that trigger when rolling dice, when spending dice results, and who knows what else, that Homing Missiles wouldn't normally trigger. 

Ah the complex web of which I understand so little :D

I'll stop now. Thanks again.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:32 PM, GeneralVryth said:

Is there anything in particular you have in mind? I have been working my way through the Wave 2 pilots, and the occasional upgrade that interests me. Depending on the difficulty I wouldn't mind moving it up my list.

Well, Proximity Mines would be awesome and if we could get Cad Bane to get an other crew option for Scum Bombers. 

Then Ion Missiles since we already have Ion Torpedoes.

Oh and Ablative Plating whould be realy nice.

Thanks again for all the work you guys are doing.

Edited by Wrecker01

I would like to report that Boba Fett crew in 2.0 is actualy acting as Boba fett crew in 1.0.

Aslo, Saturation Salvo let you pick only 1 green die, it should let you skip or force you to pick 2 dices when there's more than 1 green die.

50 minutes ago, Wrecker01 said:

I would like to report that Boba Fett crew in 2.0 is actualy acting as Boba fett crew in 1.0.

This properly threw me yesterday :D

Edited by Cuz05

6 minutes ago, Vector Strike said:

I don't remember this Title being available to the Scum Falcon at all...
(0.7.0.1 hotfix)
Also, Lando's Millenium Falcon title is missing

Wrong title will be hidden in the next update (0.7.1, end of this week).
Lando's Millenium Falcon will be added later.

Spurred on by earlier conversation, I'm hoping someone can teach my a little about the scope of a problem with regard to programming.  The particular card in question is Emperor Palpatine.

To my ignorant mind, it seems like once you had any crew cards that used force, Palpatine would be easy to implement.  Just make him take two slots, and somehow program him to allow any friendly ship to use his force.  

'I'm guessing I'm a fool, though, and the issue is far more complex.  

So, I'm just curious about all that goes into coding a card like that - one that seems simple to dummies like me, but is probably really complex.

(Full disclosure - while I look forward to the day Palpatine is included, this question is truly birthed by curiosity and ignorance)

Version 0.7.1 is released.
36 new cards, new touch controls for mobile devices

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.7.1

Thank you for support!

Results of development of Fly Casual in 2018: New squad builder with images of cards, support of save/load of lists, player customization, support of both First and Second Edition in a single app, first "3D playmat" (Hoth), replays, iOS builds (IPA-files) ... Now this simulator has 474 FE cards and 441 SE cards!

In 2019 I plan to add all remaining cards, improve network more, add alternative improved AI (not HotAC-based), add survival mode, missions, and even HotAC-like campaign. But progress depends on support from community.

If you want to help in development and have skills in programming, 3D-modelling, UI design etc - contact me, there are a lot of ways how to improve the game. And Patreon support allows me to spend more time on cool features: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Edited by Sandrem

5 hours ago, Mcpolle said:

The T-70 cannot talon roll, or k turn. Is this just my version?, Or is it a miss.

Red maneuvers don't appear if your stressed. You have to control-click the ship in maneuver selection phase to show them.