s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

A few more discoveries:

• T-70 X-wings don't have Configurations (I didn't read up on whether this was intentional or not this first go-round)
  • B-wings don't have their linked action
  • T-65 X-wings have multiple pop-up notifications asking for open/closed S-foils

Resistance Millenium Falcon has a missile slot and the title is using the "genius" art

Running a list with Rey, Nien and Ello - I was not able to drag any of them to the starting area. I could select one but then couldn't move it. This is on a touchscreen hybrid running win 10 Pro. Previous editions worked fine. 

I've restarted the game and tried different rebel, imperial and resistance lists. I cannot select a ship by clicking but I can by tapping. Either way, I can't drag it to the start area. I've tried half a dozen lists. Very odd.  

5 minutes ago, Shoulder of Orion said:

Resistance Millenium Falcon has a missile slot and the title is using the "genius" art

Running a list with Rey, Nien and Ello - I was not able to drag any of them to the starting area. I could select one but then couldn't move it. This is on a touchscreen hybrid running win 10 Pro. Previous editions worked fine. 

I've restarted the game and tried different rebel, imperial and resistance lists. I cannot select a ship by clicking but I can by tapping. Either way, I can't drag it to the start area. I've tried half a dozen lists. Very odd.  

Resistance Millenium Falcon has a missile slot - according to recently updated PDF with with slots and points.
I will check the problem with wrong art.

There is a known problem with controls on devices with touchscreens, will be fixed soon. You can help us if you will give information about model of your device.

Edited by Sandrem

2 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Resistance Millenium Falcon has a missile slot - according to recently updated PDF with with slots and points.
I will check the problem with wrong art.

There is a known problem with controls on devices with touchscreens, will be fixed soon. You can help us if you will give information about model of your device.

I have the same issue not being able to place forces, or obstacles, or pan screen.  Using Microsoft Surface Pro.

10 hours ago, Wrecker01 said:

Thanks a lot for all the hard work so far!

Having all kind of ordonnances and devices would be nice for the next release. Most list-building whould benefit from this.

Is there anything in particular you have in mind? I have been working my way through the Wave 2 pilots, and the occasional upgrade that interests me. Depending on the difficulty I wouldn't mind moving it up my list.

3 hours ago, GeneralVryth said:

Is there anything in particular you have in mind? I have been working my way through the Wave 2 pilots, and the occasional upgrade that interests me. Depending on the difficulty I wouldn't mind moving it up my list.

Homing Missiles!

2 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Homing Missiles!

Some pilots and upgrades are more complex to implement than others.
In particular those that involve special user interfaces or steps in the normal flow of the game are harder to add. Or those that skip steps that are usually always there, or that replace them with some other steps.
Homing Missiles is an attack that starts (so it has to trigger stuff that triggers when defenders are declared and all of that), but involves asking the opponent the question whether they want to skip a couple of steps in the attack sequence and suffer one damage or not. It behaves like no other attack does in the game, so it involves redesigning how attacks work to allow them to have optional steps while still be compatible with other abilities and game effects that interact with attacks.

Sandrem usually prioritizes pilots and upgrades by popularity (from most popular to least popular) and complexity (from simpler to harder), because it makes more sense to put time on implementing something that lots of people use than something that is rarely used. And at the same time, it makes sense to work on simple stuff that can be done quicker than complex stuff that takes a lot of time or work to add.

Homing Missiles is both an extremely unpopular upgrade, and a relatively complex one to implement.
Few people use it because it will deal 1 damage 99% of the time and has only two charges, so it's a weapon that will deal 2 damage during the entire game if you manage to fire it twice. It's not a mystery why it isn't appearing much on tournaments and battle reports.

You need to balance this kind of things, because if in the time you implement Homing Missiles you could instead implement 4 or 5 Resistance/FO pilots or other, more popular upgrades, the clever thing is to go for the lower hanging fruits.

I tried a few games vs random AI and the game crashes every time I successfully use space tug tractor array. 

Edit: Also It says the target is invalid when trying to target a second ship with cluster missiles. Possibly due to no Lock on the second ship?

Keep up the great work!

Edited by Alarum

2 hours ago, Azrapse said:

Some pilots and upgrades are more complex to implement than others.
In particular those that involve special user interfaces or steps in the normal flow of the game are harder to add. Or those that skip steps that are usually always there, or that replace them with some other steps.
Homing Missiles is an attack that starts (so it has to trigger stuff that triggers when defenders are declared and all of that), but involves asking the opponent the question whether they want to skip a couple of steps in the attack sequence and suffer one damage or not. It behaves like no other attack does in the game, so it involves redesigning how attacks work to allow them to have optional steps while still be compatible with other abilities and game effects that interact with attacks.

Sandrem usually prioritizes pilots and upgrades by popularity (from most popular to least popular) and complexity (from simpler to harder), because it makes more sense to put time on implementing something that lots of people use than something that is rarely used. And at the same time, it makes sense to work on simple stuff that can be done quicker than complex stuff that takes a lot of time or work to add.

Homing Missiles is both an extremely unpopular upgrade, and a relatively complex one to implement.
Few people use it because it will deal 1 damage 99% of the time and has only two charges, so it's a weapon that will deal 2 damage during the entire game if you manage to fire it twice. It's not a mystery why it isn't appearing much on tournaments and battle reports.

You need to balance this kind of things, because if in the time you implement Homing Missiles you could instead implement 4 or 5 Resistance/FO pilots or other, more popular upgrades, the clever thing is to go for the lower hanging fruits.

Fully understood, I will happily manage without. Thanks for the explanation. 

4 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

Fully understood, I will happily manage without. Thanks for the explanation. 

And to add on to this, I actually kind of wanted Homing Missiles as well, so I could try them out with the new A-wings etc... I spent more time than I should have trying to figure the puzzle out, ultimately setting it aside for the time being for the complexity reasons Azrapse said. That's also why I added the difficulty caveat if there were specific requests.

1 hour ago, GeneralVryth said:

And to add on to this, I actually kind of wanted Homing Missiles as well, so I could try them out with the new A-wings etc... I spent more time than I should have trying to figure the puzzle out, ultimately setting it aside for the time being for the complexity reasons Azrapse said. That's also why I added the difficulty caveat if there were specific requests.

I can easily imagine the complications, and as said, it's not high on the list of utilised cards :D

Would implementing it in a different way...  say, offering the attacker the choice to spend all results for 1 auto hit, or cancel 3 results to remove all defence dice.... solve any issues?

Makes it a completely different weapon, technically, but allows the option to experiment with something akin.

But I'm more than satisfied with everything that has been implemented and feel no lack of choice in my lists though. You've all done outstanding work to get the 2.0 version as complete as it is. Particularly getting so much of wave 2 on there so dang fast!

Thanks a million :)