s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

6 hours ago, DaProfezzur said:

In android how do I change to x-wing 2.0?

The 3rd option down when in the main menu is "EDITION". Tap on that and choose 1st or 2nd. 2nd is the black box on the right.

Time to pour some love into this thread. Really enjoying the app atm. it's obviously still got some bugs and gaps but it's easily the smoothest and fullest version so far.

Managed to get some successful online action over the last week, evenings GMT. We're out there, come find us... If you're looking for opponents, the Discord chat is a good place to start, we really need more people!

Edited by Cuz05
Maybe the link will work....

7 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

Time to pour some love into this thread. Really enjoying the app atm. it's obviously still got some bugs and gaps but it's easily the smoothest and fullest version so far.

Managed to get some successful online action over the last week, evenings GMT. We're out there, come find us... If you're looking for opponents, the Discord chat is a good place to start, we really need more people!

I’m happy to hear you were able to play online! I’ve yet to get one to work. Got to figure out what my problem is. I’m thinking it’s either due to my Mac or to my slow satellite internet. 

Im on Windows but honestly, I've no idea about that side of things. I am very familiar with bad internet problems, so I'd never rule it out. Network coverage is often an issue with small player bases. And this one seems tiny :D

I've still only fully completed 2 games so far, but I've only been actively looking for a week or so. A few sessions. More people to try against should help massively. Going to start talking to locals here about it but I've been busy the last couple weeks.

As long as they don't all start talking to me about Vassal.... My computer may be able to handle it, I'm not sure I can...

1 hour ago, Cuz05 said:

Im on Windows but honestly, I've no idea about that side of things. I am very familiar with bad internet problems, so I'd never rule it out. Network coverage is often an issue with small player bases. And this one seems tiny :D

I've still only fully completed 2 games so far, but I've only been actively looking for a week or so. A few sessions. More people to try against should help massively. Going to start talking to locals here about it but I've been busy the last couple weeks.

As long as they don't all start talking to me about Vassal.... My computer may be able to handle it, I'm not sure I can...

We have a VERY small player base where I live. Only three somewhat regular players. I’ve been hoping to find a way to reach out and play with others. Unfortunately, my internet can’t handle Vassel or TTS. Been hoping Fly Casual would fill the gap. Been playing with it since it first came out. It’s been fun to test lists against an AI and to get reps in with a list to help remember abilities. Maybe I can plan a time to go into town and find a local WiFi spot and see if better internet would work. 

This is great!  Thank you for developing the interface!  One this to note on 1.0 the X-Wing pilot order is off on the right side.  PS 1 is ahead of PS2 (sorry I don't remember their exact names).

One thing I have learned is I suck at flying.  I still have a hard time not flying into my self and objects.

Tried playing online versus a list with some strikers for the first time, and it never showed his first one moving. I don't know if Leia on my end messed with the ailerons on his end? He moved, it just never passed play to me on my end.

I'm on Mac. Don't know much else of interest... I had a U-Wing, but we tried twice and I only had Pivot Wing on once, and it hit the same glitch, so.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:13 PM, impspy said:

Krennic doesn't seem to be working in 2nd edition.

His requirements are a little off too. The 3 shield restriction is gone and you can't apply the condition to the carrier anymore either. Would like to be able to optimise Rex for some test flights.

Also noticed, in my latest squad, the Lambda has 5 hull and shield instead of 6 and 4.

"His requirements are a little off too. The 3 shield restriction is gone and you can't apply the condition to the carrier anymore either. Would like to be able to optimise Rex for some test flights.

Also noticed, in my latest squad, the Lambda has 5 hull and shield instead of 6 and 4."

Well, 2nd ed you cannot apply Krennic to the ship he's on, so that bit is correct!

Edited by Antipodean Ork