Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

If I were to make a shortlist of content I want:

Electronic Baffle

Veteran Turret Gunner

Sloane

Tarkin

Jyn Erso

More Crew

Also, for some reason it seems the Rebels don’t have access to tactical officer in 2.0, but it’s not supposed to be restricted anymore.

3 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Sandrem puts a LOT of work into this and we all enjoy it. I know it’s the first place I go to test new squads! Supporting him on Patreon is simple to do!

I’m ready to get home to download the update and test what I’ve been theorizing while working!!

8 minutes ago, Gabbatron said:

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but how do I update the Fly Simulator without losing my saved builds? Where are they saved?

On my Mac, I just drag the updated file into the old file and click “replace”. 

12 minutes ago, Gabbatron said:

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but how do I update the Fly Simulator without losing my saved builds? Where are they saved?

Saved builds will not be overwritten by update. But you can make a backup. Folder (SE):
"%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\SavedSquadrons"

Loving it.

Ok, so a really odd one here. Playing Whisper, a Sigma and Redline. 1st turn, I move and cloak the Sigma, move and cloak Whisper, click to activate Redline and FWEEEEE, the Sigma enters hyperspace, whizzes diagonally across the board and off into deep space. Ship has left the table and been destroyed. I guess his navcomputer was acting up... I've had this happen before with a cloaked Phantom (in 6.0 I think), but it happened so fast I was just left scratching my head that time.

Also, at another point, I attempted to decloak Whisper through Luke and obviously failed. The force is strong with that one. The game hung on that fail and had to be exited.

One possible thing that just happened. I nuked a full health Dutch off the board with a single pro torp. 2 hits, 2 crits into 6 hull, 2 shield (?). I can't actually work out if that's possible. I did the same to Wedge in 6.0 but wasn't clear on the circumstances, he may have had asteroid damage but I was sure he didn't.

Lastly, though no big deal, 'skip' still seems to lack function in the systems phase. Not caused any issue for me as yet.

Screenshot from the Sigmas hyperspace board exit.

IMG-20180901-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Cuz05

On 8/31/2018 at 11:56 AM, Sandrem said:

Version 0.6.1 is released

Thank you for feedback and bug reports. Critical bugs are fixed. I plan to release 0.6.2 in few days with fixes of minor bugs and a bit of new content / features.

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.6.1

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Update helped a bunch. Played several games this morning. Here's a few bugs I've noticed though:

Dutchess's ability or use of Adv Ailerons locks the game.

Juke does not work sometimes. Only worked one out of 6 times in last game. Edit to add: Juke does work  Game was just going so fast I didn’t notice defender spending a focus token  

Luke hung around for three rounds after being destroyed. He didn't disappear until after he was able to shoot and get hits three rounds after he was destroyed. Edited to add: It's a simultaneous fire issue. If the destroyed ship is of the same Initiative as the attacker and is destroyed but can not return fire because of the simultaneous fire rule, it hangs around for as many turns as it takes to get a shot. Once it fires, it disappears.

Sigma Squadron pilots were allowed to do a 2nd Decloak in the same system phase.

If you fail a decloak, the game locks.

Edited by drail14me

I feel like there's something going on with crits as I've just had another huge damage spike. It's hard to tell as the cards flip past kinda quick. Maarek Stele hit my full health Punisher at range 2 for a whopping 8 damage, on a primary weapon attack. Fuel Leak and Direct Hit were involved but he should not have been able do more than drop the shields, surely....

Just seeing the squad has Krennic on Feroph but the condition appears to be on Feroph himself, rather than Maarek (technically illegal), so I'm not sure that's a factor.

Oh, and then the game hung up on a Cluster Missile bonus attack.

Edited by Cuz05

40 minutes ago, redxavier said:

It appears to be activating extra damage on critical hits the same turn as the card is drawn, rather than on the next round when it would trigger.

Trying to think through this, as applied to the Maarek attack... Hit, Crit, Crit on 6 hull, 3 shields.

Hit. -1 shield

Fuel Leak drawn and immediately activated. Extra hit applied from crit condition. -1 shield.

Direct Hit. Extra hit applied from crit condition. -1 shield.

Fuel Leak. -1 hull

Direct Hit. -2 hull

Leaving 3 hull.... It must have then applied 2 more hits from one or both of those crit cards dealt. Perhaps from then actually receiving those 2 crits.

My brain hurts.

I have noticed that the AI is sometimes not shooting.

I set up a match with Soontir vs four blue x wings to practice - on two occasions I've been head on, within range 3 (I had a bullseye token and got to shoot) and they did not shoot back. On other occasions I am fairly certain I was in arc and range and they did not fire. I'd like to think I'm amazing with arc dodgers and really did dodge them all but I'm not deluding myself.

Is there any way to help debug this? It's not throwing any errors so I'm not sure what to do. 

On 8/31/2018 at 10:02 PM, Sandrem said:

Hi Sandrem,  This may have been reported but in 6.1 the simultaneous fire rule seems to be remove the dead ship after it fires but it should probably be after the ship fires or after the PS goes to the next one down.

As always, your game is awesome.