s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

On 8/12/2018 at 2:07 AM, Sandrem said:

A LOT of stuff will be released in the end of this week

Loving using this! There are occasion crashes, but that's to be expected. I'm in awe of how well it works otherwise.

Agree with needing to be able to set the starting point of the AI ships. Even setting up the ships together should provide more challenge.

As far as AI autospawn squads, I would say the simpler the better. Few to no post maneuver movement, no missiles, torps, bombs or turrets, and only abilities that are always on or at least easy to trigger (and always wanting to be triggered). I've been working with Z-95s, and just 8 of those on the board, with some talas with crack shot or elusiveness is pretty difficult to mess up. 

Anyways, thank you for your efforts! Looking forward to the next update!

Had a crash today. I forgot my protectorate had the crit that damages you if you don't go straight. Died on doing a 2-bank, then it asked me for my action and i chose Target Lock. I selected a ship (Ryad) that had been range 1 before the ship was destroyed. The action failed and then when i selected my other protectorate to move, it told me i needed to select an action first (for the previous ship, i assume) but there was no action dialog box and no way to proceed.

ce5317c4a3.png

IT's too late for tomorrow's build, but I have some suggestions:

- add a 'duplicate' feature for ships in the list builder (so we don't have to re-create the same ship time and again while making a list; perfect for swarms)

- put more rows in the upgrade card viewer (so we can see more options at once)

- either put the roll and options windows higher or change the placement of the red/green info bars, as they get in the way to click on buttons

Edited by Volkomor

Just downloaded the update. I've tried three games now and none will work.

First game, all ships moved on the first turn. Then when it was Vader's turn, he moved then the game froze. No error, just froze.

Screen%20Shot%202018-08-28%20at%205.41.3

Second game, when the first ship moved over a rock, it froze again.

Third game, when I moved Dutchess, it asked to use her ability. I clicked yes and it froze again.

I never got an error in the game window. I clicked Restart on two of the games and got the following to screens:

Screen%20Shot%202018-08-28%20at%205.53.0

Screen%20Shot%202018-08-28%20at%206.03.5

Both times, I had to restart my Mac

Also, I'm still interested in a way to make the ship status boxes smaller as they take up too much room on the screen. When running more than four ships all ships status boxes can't be seen.

Edited by drail14me

1 hour ago, drail14me said:

First game, all ships moved on the first turn. Then when it was Vader's turn, he moved then the game froze. No error, just froze. seen.

Could be an issue with the ship. Same happened for me with Vader twice and then with Maarek as well. On 5.3, it would freeze after Vader lined up a cluster missile attack, no idea if it's connected.

Another consistent one. Virago title worked but the charges didnt diminish. 

Had numerous other little oddities but nothing I can really make a worthwhile report on. The 'skip' malfunction was far and away the worst culprit but I'm sure that's in hand.

The wealth of new content is terrific. Many thanks for all the work.

Every game that I've played on 6, I've had a freeze where either the enemy ship is stuck making a decision and has the blue "Command is generated: PressSkip" or I'm at a point where I need to press skip and get into a loop with the same text and me pressing skip over and over to no avail. I've tried with a number of different ships on both sides. I can't seem to ever attach images on the forum but I do have a screen grab of the former scenario so I'll drop that in the issues on the github.

Trying another game this morning. AI moved with no problem. I selected Duchess to move first. Asked if I wanted to use her ability. I clicked no. I then selected the left bank maneuver and the game locked up.

Also, any plans to make the areas circled in red smaller so they don't block so much of the play area?

HslDJSB.png

I've also had a problem in games with more than 4 ships: You can't see the status of any but the first 4. There doesn't seem to be a way to scroll down or anything, so they're just off the screen and impossible to see. :(

Also I encountered a bug using Hera with Nine Nunb. When activating her, it gives me a choice of maneuvers to choose from, and after I select one, the game breaks.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.11.29 PM.png

Content request: There currently aren't any gunner options in the game, which is a bit of a bummer. Just adding Turret and Tail guns would be a huge improvement in my opinion. Of course I know you're extremely busy with the bug fixes, and that definitely has priority! Just my two cents.

6 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Just adding Turret and Tail guns would be a huge improvement in my opinion.

Abilities like "Attack using an arc you did not already attack from this round" need some work. I will add these two Veteran Gunners card in next bug update, when critical bugs will be fixed.

Been trying a lot of games. Here are some ships that seem to be having a problem:

Dutchess with advanced ailerons

Darth Vader taking actions

Maarek Stele moving

Whisper's ability

I captured the below error when I clicked Whisper's ability.

Looking forward to learning to fly Phantoms

rdv4tUx.png

Version 0.6.1 is released

Thank you for feedback and bug reports. Critical bugs are fixed. I plan to release 0.6.2 in few days with fixes of minor bugs and a bit of new content / features.

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.6.1

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Edited by Sandrem