s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Anyone else experience this? I chose to restart a game vs. AI and the field is fore-shortened. Otherwise it plays as a normal game.

Never mind! I'm a dummy. That's the normal view (which I don't typically play in)!

xh3pnpN.png

Edited by Force Majeure

36 minutes ago, egudmunson said:

Hello just wondering if you will be creating more 2.0? I love this game you created 

On Monday/Tuesday I plan to release update with unlocked Squad Builder for 2.0

A lot of content will be still missing, but, at least, you will have access to all generic pilots.

Version 0.5.3 is released.

We finally have cost and upgrade bars of ships, so SE Squad Builder in Fly Casual is unlocked. In current version almost all generic pilots are present and some upgrades / unique pilots.

Download: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.5.3

I plan to release big content update with SE cards in the middle of August.
Many abilities of SE cards are copy/adaptation of FE cards, but they still require time to add - so if anyone has basic skills in programming, then they can help me with easy tasks.

Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

Aand we have the first bug (0.5.3)

Sem_t_tulo.png

AI activated Darth Vader and attacked with Cluster Missile. Tried to do the secondary effect of the weapon and the AI stopped doing anything; it was stuck trying to do resolve the event, unsuccessfully.

21 minutes ago, Volkomor said:

Aand we have the first bug

It appeared in 0.5.2 - but I didn't found a way to reproduce it.

Please, if you will encounter it again - open console (CTRL + ~) and send me screenshot of console' text.

3 minutes ago, Ravenhull said:

I assume all the AI opponents will still be demo lists?

Yes, I didn't spend any time to add new AI lists.

If anyone has ideas about squads that can be interesting and can fly good enough under AI control - write these lists, maybe I will add them in the game (for FE or SE)
Current AI lists are in 
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\First Edition\RandomAiSquadrons
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\RandomAiSquadrons

Couple of things I've found with the new build so far.

1: Phantoms still have 4 attack dice in 2.0

2: When attempting to decloak if you try to do it over a ship or obstruction it will tell you that you can't, and then softlock.

Otherwise looking strong so far.

I encountered this error (Twice) with Ryad in 2.0.

After using advanced sensors to boost I got red text before doing my programmed 5 straight. It was my first move of the game both times. 

I have screen shots of the red text but don't have the know how to make the file smaller so I can attach the pic.

15 hours ago, Sandrem said:

It appeared in 0.5.2 - but I didn't found a way to reproduce it.

Please, if you will encounter it again - open console (CTRL + ~) and send me screenshot of console' text.

Okay, got the Vader Cluster Missile error again.  Tried to do the above but couldn't bring up the text (using Windows platform).

Also, every so often, the game acts as if the cursor is to the far right and starts to slowly scroll the screen.  I can move the cursor to the far left and move it back, but as soon as the cursor is away from the left edge.

13 hours ago, Alarum said:

I encountered this error (Twice) with Ryad in 2.0.

After using advanced sensors to boost I got red text before doing my programmed 5 straight. It was my first move of the game both times. 

I have screen shots of the red text but don't have the know how to make the file smaller so I can attach the pic.

The github issues page allows for larger uploads, though I think you need to make a github account. https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/issues

Other than that, you might google for "image resizer," I believe some online sites for this exist.

4 hours ago, Ravenhull said:

Okay, got the Vader Cluster Missile error again.  Tried to do the above but couldn't bring up the text (using Windows platform).

Also, every so often, the game acts as if the cursor is to the far right and starts to slowly scroll the screen.  I can move the cursor to the far left and move it back, but as soon as the cursor is away from the left edge.

Do you have any other controllers installed? I was having problems with auto-scrolling, and it turned out the game was picking up my rudder pedals. ?

Follow up on the vader glitch. I think it happens when vader clusters a target and then doesn't have a valid second target.

I've also had a lockup when the AI triggers Porkin's ability.

Edited by IAmRhyn