s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

5 hours ago, Sandrem said:

No, all ready 200pts Second Edition squadrons are in the game. I just edited file of squadron to remove unused ships by request.

I am not sure about path, try to search in
\Users\[YourUsername]\Library\Application Support\Sandrem\Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator\Second Edition\RandomAiSquadrons\

If path is wrong - try to find "Fly Casual_ X-Wing TMG Simulator" by folder search.

On my mac it's users\username\library\application support\unity.Sandrem.X-Wing TMG Simulator\second edition\randomaisquadrons

Also, some of those folders were hidden by default, so I had to hold down "Shift Command Period" to reveal hidden files.

12 hours ago, Azrapse said:

Working as expected. The AI uses the rules for Heroes of the Aturi Cluster.

They don't get stress from red maneuvers. But they skip their Perform Action step.

Any chance this can be made an option so it's possible to play with the "vanilla" rule set?

Just now, Ambaryerno said:

Any chance this can be made an option so it's possible to play with the "vanilla" rule set?

It is possible - the game supports different AI for opponent.

But I don't plan to add "vanilla" rule set for AI by two reasons:
1) A lot of work will be needed. (For example, HotAC AI assigns maneuver during ship's activation, not during planning phase - "vanilla rules" AI needs new rules how to plan maneuvers during planning phase)
2) AI always will be stupid. (I don't plan to develop competitive AI for X-Wing). If player wants to get challenge and fun - AI player "cheats" a bit to compensate his low skills. Battles versus stupid AI that follows "vanilla" rule set will be too easy and boring.

So, "vanilla rule set" AI will be added only if any another developer will create AI that is better than current "cheating" HotAC AI.

UyT6Gn.jpg

Couple freezes on the Jam this evening, 5.1 version. 1st was attempted on a deadeye Scurrg, this was the 2nd, on a focussed X Wing rookie. Worked fine in my 1st game...

I can't begin to imagine the complexities of providing a truly authentic 'vanilla' AI. We mostly play against Hotac AI on the tabletop at home so I'm very familiar with their foibles. Is there a possibilty of intervening in their deployment or changing their targeting priority with FlyCasual? I feel like it helps sometimes on the table.

I do understand the work involved here and appreciate some things are a hassle too far. Many thanks and much satisfaction with everything as is :)

22 hours ago, jauntyharrison said:

On my mac it's users\username\library\application support\unity.Sandrem.X-Wing TMG Simulator\second edition\randomaisquadrons

Also, some of those folders were hidden by default, so I had to hold down "Shift Command Period" to reveal hidden files.

That's right! Thank you very much! ?

Edited by motell

Hi !

I don't know if someone has already reported this, but, when I try to use whisper (tie phantom), at the first activation (setup is ok) the debug screen appears and the game is frozen.

see attached screenshot

fly-casual-bug.jpg

Don't know if this was reported yet, but just had 2.0 AI Vader try to use cluster missiles, and when the option to do the bonus attack came, the game just sat there.  Don't know if it was because of the mechanic itself, or that he was firing into a gaggle of TIEs.

7 minutes ago, Clutterbuck said:

How do I control this on the droid version.  For example, how to toggle to 2d.  I find no way to input a "tab" key.

Controls in mobile version are very basic, this is just only port to Android with PC-like controls at the moment.

Have you heard of any players managing to get this working on Chromebooks? We've got Android app support but it doesn't load very well, plus there's crostini now on some models (containerized linux) but I haven't managed to figure that out fully yet. I also tried converting the APK to a chrome app using Archon but it didn't work out. If no one else has even tried, no big deal but curious.

Hi Sandrem - I've tried the FS and it looks really promising!

I've ran into a couple of situations where debug console opens automatically. Other than typing "close" and hoping the game state recovers -> is there something we can do from the app to share the call stack / repro for the issue? 

In general, what is the best way to file bugs for FS?