s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

1 hour ago, Talynblade said:

... I could not get the link to open up the game ...

https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases

If you use Windows, download "Windows.zip"
Extract contents of the archive to any folder.
Find inside "FlyCasual.exe" and launch it.

If you don't see exe-file then check your antivirus (maybe it sent that file to quarantine) or try to re-download zip-file.

So that did not work either,  it is saying something about a .dll file...  it is sending me to third party sites, that I am not comfortable with on my pc's, both desk top and laptop.   So I guess it is not for me..I even unzipped it to a file on desktop.. no exe file.  but thanks for the attempt. 

lol thanks for the offer...but after two hours of just clicking things... the .dll file was converted to adobe some how.. and then it let me into the fly casual game.... so been playing for the past 2 hours ...and getting my butt  handed to me by ai....I did just get the core sets and some early ships last week.... so it is a great tool to learn ...

I keep using ships I like, xwing a wing and y wings....and really dont know the cards yet...so just been messing around with combinations.... to developers thank you for this amazing tool to learn the game and enjoy it...

I do have one question...is there a way to play co op with my friends and not pvp?   If you can I would so make two of my friends download immediately.    

5 hours ago, Talynblade said:

is there a way to play co op with my friends and not pvp?

No. Only in very distant plans.

3 hours ago, Wedgeismyhero said:

Is there a way to disable game controller input?

Only workaround:
1) Open console (CTRL + ~)
2) Enter "input mouse" to turn off part of input.

As I keep playing questions keep popping up...

sandrem thanks for answering the questions and taking the time keep us in the loop.

twin laser turrets are used a lot in the streams I watch and two different rolls of 3 or 4 ( don’t remember) and dmg done based off dice and seen it wipe out tie fighters....

but in the simulator the card reads like the ion turret ... if it gets a hit gets through dice calculations it takes 1 dmg and all other dice are cancelled.    

Am I wrong and just mixing the two up? If I am not what one is correct.. are the people in the streams using it wrong... or did the simulator misinterpret the tlt cArd. 

9 minutes ago, Talynblade said:

As I keep playing questions keep popping up...

sandrem thanks for answering the questions and taking the time keep us in the loop.

twin laser turrets are used a lot in the streams I watch and two different rolls of 3 or 4 ( don’t remember) and dmg done based off dice and seen it wipe out tie fighters....

but in the simulator the card reads like the ion turret ... if it gets a hit gets through dice calculations it takes 1 dmg and all other dice are cancelled.    

Am I wrong and just mixing the two up? If I am not what one is correct.. are the people in the streams using it wrong... or did the simulator misinterpret the tlt cArd. 

TLT rolls 3 dice. Then, like an ion turret or cannon, it compares dice and if it hits, it deals one damage and that's it (cancels all dice results). The difference is that TLT doesn't ionize or do anything else special except that it happens twice. So, by itself, a TLT attack can only do two total damage. Keep in mind that basic TIE fighters only have 3 health, so if both TLT shots hit that's a mostly-dead TIE.

HOWEVER, there are some other effects that can be used in conjunction with TLT. Harpoon missiles come to mind: the Harpooned! condition can be triggered by a critical result from a TLT, dealing its splash damage before the crit is later cancelled by the TLT.

Bug report:

When using "restart" before a game complete, the attached error occurs.

My list: 3x academy tie, 3x black squadron tie, Howlrunner

Has happened with 8x academy tie list as well, though I didn't get a SS of that. 

AI list does not seem to matter.

The program then will sit here until closed via taskbar. using "close" in cmd just repeats the error message.

fcerror.jpg

Trying out the newest update and its running great. One thing I have noticed is the K-turns or Talon Rolls aren't assigning stress all the time for the AI. Particularly for the T-70. 

Does anyone else have an issue with the entire table auto-scrolling off the screen to the bottom right upon launch? 

I have tried different resolutions. Can't seem to figure it out. I can't get the board to stay in the screen as it continues to pan down and right. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thank you!

9 hours ago, mysterlund said:

Does anyone else have an issue with the entire table auto-scrolling off the screen to the bottom right upon launch? 

I have tried different resolutions. Can't seem to figure it out. I can't get the board to stay in the screen as it continues to pan down and right. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thank you!

Do you have any other input devices plugged in besides the mouse? joystick, game pad, cintiq tablet?

When I alt+tab away, I'll often get what you've described, but hitting the tab button gets me centered back up.

2 concerns that have cropped up while playing:

1. I've been using Kylo Ren in the Silencer, with Autothrusters equipped, but I am never given the opportunity to use Autothrusters, even when it ought to trigger.

2. While decloaking, the system rejects decloaks that have the template overlapping another ship.  My understanding is that the template cannot overlap an obstacle token, but ships are fair game, as long as your base doesn't overlap a ship.  

Also a question.  Is there any way to "lock" the map in position?  I'll often head down to the "Skip" button, for example, over shoot it, and have the board go "flying" away.  I can scroll it back, but it is not convenient.  I tend to play in 2D mode, if that matters.

Thanks for this great tool

Hi Sandrem,

Search didn't come up with anything in the thread already mentioning Stealth Device.  Apologies if it's already been brought up already.  Anyway, I'm using Fenn Rau with Stealth Device and every time he gets hit after losing the card his agility continues to drop.  Thanks for your efforts on this.

On 5/23/2018 at 8:20 AM, Force Majeure said:

Do you have any other input devices plugged in besides the mouse? joystick, game pad, cintiq tablet?

When I alt+tab away, I'll often get what you've described, but hitting the tab button gets me centered back up.

Awesome! It was my 3Dconnexion Space mouse. This game is SUPER GREAT! Thank you!!!

VERSION 0.5.0 IS RELEASED
Support of both First and Second Editions (3 squadrons are available for matches in Second Edition).
Obstacle Setup step.

DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual/releases/tag/0.5.0

After announcement of Second Edition I got a lot of work to do. But support of my work is decreased a lot after announcement - and this reduces time that I can spend on development. So If you want to play Second Edition matches in Fly Casual (and get missing First Edition content too) - support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Sandrem

I will add 3 more squadrons (including U-Wing and TIE Reaper) if I will have 50 patrons.
If I will have 100 patrons, I will add squad builder that uses known "quick build" cards from Second Edition.
If none of these goals will be achieved, then new content of Second Edition will be available only after release of official app with information about cost/slots.

KNOWN PROBLEMS:
Linked actions (and all extra actions, like Vader or PTL) are auto-executed. Will be fixed in hotfix soon.

Edited by Sandrem