Jump to content
s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Recommended Posts

This is great, looks like Long Range Scanners are acting up, though.

It seems that the only legal range for getting a TL with LRS equipped is 3.

I'm assuming this is because anything less is denied by LRS "can't be less than R2" rule, and anything above by the general "can't TL outside R3" that doesn't get properly overridden (trigger order /priority issue?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this was covered (sorry I'm lazy and not going to read 18 pages to find out) but I'm noticing a lot of cards not in the game, is that intentional or are you still working on them, just for instance Tel Trevura a pilot card for the U-wing and Ketsu Onyo crew card. I have noticed other but those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

I was able to roll extra evade dice almost indefinitely with Light Weight Frame... at least until the error screen came up

In what version? I think that this is fixed in "0.4.4 Hotfix 2"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, drail14me said:

How does everyone update the game? I'm running a MacBook and have just been deleting the installed version and downloading the new version. Is that the only method?

I'm on a Mac as well.  I just unzip it and copy it to the Applications folder and select 'overwrite'.  I did it this morning and it kept all my lists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody else have a problem with the game not letting Y-Wings fire a turret out of arc?  Tried it in a couple of games against AI, and it keeps telling me I can't fire because the target isn't in arc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Anybody else have a problem with the game not letting Y-Wings fire a turret out of arc?  Tried it in a couple of games against AI, and it keeps telling me I can't fire because the target isn't in arc.

Did you double check the range when using the turret? I get that note if I try to use a turret and the target is beyond the range of the turret, ie, range 2 for Ion Turret but target inside Range 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, drail14me said:

Did you double check the range when using the turret? I get that note if I try to use a turret and the target is beyond the range of the turret, ie, range 2 for Ion Turret but target inside Range 3.

Yep.  I was using TLT, and no matter the target, it wouldn't let me fire because it "wasn't in my primary arc."  Could be a problem with determining range, as it might be reading the targets at Range 1, even though they're at range 2-3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sandrem said:

There is one known bug.
If ship has a usual primary weapon (not a primary weapon turret), and tries to shoot with turret - in some parts of code distance is measured from primary weapon arc. So range can be wrong. I plan to fix this in 0.5.0

I just want to thank you again for all the work you are putting into this. Do you plan to telease an iOS version of this for iPad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Pooleman said:

Do you plan to release an iOS version of this for iPad?

There are two problems:

1) iOS developer license costs $100 per year. I got a lot of requests for iOS version, but I didn't get any such request from my supporters from Patreon. So I don't want to pay donated by them money just to give a way to play for free to those who supports me only with "thank you very much". If anyone wants iOS version and is among my supporters on Patreon - just PM me using Patreon and I will start use donated money for this purpose. For example, if there are 2 supporters who want iOS version and each of them donates $1 - then I will buy the license 100/2=50/12 = after ~4 more years of development. XD
(or 20 supporters by $5 - and you will get iOS build in the next version in the begining of May)

2) I don't have any official permissions to develop Star Wars games (it is free and without any way of monetization, but this is not enough to avoid problems with law). So I think that Apple will not allow me to add the game to App Store. I still can provide iOS build that can be installed in other ways, but players will need to use jailbreak for their devices or another ways to install app not from App Store.

Edited by Sandrem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sandrem said:

There are two problems:

1) iOS developer license costs $100 per year. I got a lot of requests for iOS version, but I didn't get any such request from my supporters from Patreon. So I don't want to pay donated by them money just to give a way to play for free to those who supports me only with "thank you very much". If anyone wants iOS version and is among my supporters on Patreon - just PM me using Patreon and I will start use donated money for this purpose. For example, if there are 2 supporters who want iOS version and each of them donates $1 - then I will buy the license 100/2=50/12 = after ~4 more years of development. XD
(or 20 supporters by $5 - and you will get iOS build in the next version in the begining of May)

2) I don't have any official permissions to develop Star Wars games (it is free and without any way of monetization, but this is not enough to avoid problems with law). So I think that Apple will not allow me to add the game to App Store. I still can provide iOS build that can be installed in other ways, but players will need to use jailbreak for their devices or another ways to install app not from App Store.

Understand all. If you happen to solve problem #2 I would gladly pay the full $100 for the Apple SDK (software delevopers kit) for you to create the iOS version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...