s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

Stupid question, but how do you get the command prompt/red text box to go away?  After playing AI all day, I tried to play a friend in a game.  All three times we tried the red box popped up, and the game froze a few minutes later.

What I'm talking about:

31065416_1874533729233029_9047045659210809344_n

1 hour ago, Elbastido said:

Type the word 'close' in the command prompt and hit enter. :-) 

I tried that, and nothing happened.  Maybe the game had already decided it was done for the night by the time I tried? 

It works more often than not. I'm not a computer whiz, but maybe it was an error that the program couldn't recover from.

When this kind of thing happens I just quit to the desktop and try, try again.

I'm willing to live with bugs in this game--because it's awsome--so just make the best of it. You'll get it to work.

7 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Stupid question, but how do you get the command prompt/red text box to go away?  After playing AI all day, I tried to play a friend in a game.  All three times we tried the red box popped up, and the game froze a few minutes later.

What I'm talking about:

31065416_1874533729233029_9047045659210809344_n

If you type “help” it will show you a list of all commands you may enter

At the current stage of development, main goal is to find all bugs and fix them.

So when bug happens, information about bug is shown and game is stopped to avoid following bugs.

I want to have bugs reported, not ignored. You cannot just close console and play as usual. Please, report such problems with screenshot and information about your last steps - and I will have enough information to fix these bugs.

Tomorrow I plan to release 0.4.4 with bugfixes for online mode. If you will have problems in 0.4.4 - please, report them.

Edited by Sandrem

6 hours ago, Browncoat50 said:

Any chance of adding Adaptive Ailerons for the tie Strikers?

On 10.04.2018 at 1:11 PM, Sandrem said:

I plan to add them in next big update (0.5.0) in the end of this month.

16 minutes ago, The captn said:

Had issue with pattern analyzer leaving the place template staying on the screen preventing taking actions cause it stayed on top.  No error log. No red move was selected.

In online mode or in battle vs AI ?

If you will encounter this problem again, please, open console (CTRL+~) and send me screenshot of last text in console.

Edited by Sandrem

57 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

When are the best hours to find an online game for this?

A small number of us are fairly regular around 9 pm onward. I'm in the Pacific Time Zone, so they might be playing at midnight if they're on the East Coast.

Join us!

And you can start a room whenever. I've looked for games during my lunch hour and have found a game or two from time to time.

Edited by Force Majeure

4.4 hotfix 1-  Harpooned is acting up.  twice I had a tie fighter get one shot by a harpoon, but then assign the condition and immediately splash other ships.

Secondly, even after the ships killed by harpoon were destroyed, I got a prompt each round to remove the tokens or destroy a ship each round, and whatever ships I still had on the board would each take 1 splash damage if they had been hit by the initial (and incorrect) splash.

It didnt pop up any error messages to post for you to analyze.

Thank you for your work on this project!  Loving now having crackshot.  Any idea when you might be able to work in Quinn Jast, Sunny Bounder, and some of the other missing pilots?

1 hour ago, Itchy2 said:

4.4 hotfix 1-  Harpooned is acting up. 
Any idea when you might be able to work in Quinn Jast, Sunny Bounder, and some of the other missing pilots?

Thank you for info. Harpoons are very complex, I lost count to found and fixed bugs in them. I will check these problems...

I spend most of my time to develop big features instead of new content. I will inform another developers - maybe someone another will add them.