s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

I wasn't able to get the screenshot before it closed, but I got the red script when I used adaptability.  

I placed a ship, the pop up opened, and I selected increase PS, and then got the red script.  

The UI looks awesome, thank you so much for what you do for the community. 

Love this program!  Programmers among us, let's help him out.  The more of us that help, the faster it will get even better.

If you have C# experience, that's what Unity (the IDE it's built in) uses.  The Unity IDE itself (https://unity3d.com/) is a free download for personal use.  Once you've got that, you can download the project from GitHub (https://github.com/Sandrem/FlyCasual) and go nuts!  It takes a little time to get up to speed, and definitely reuse code from things similar to what you're working on (for example, I was working on Ion Pulse Missiles and borrowed a lot of the code from Ion Cannon Turret, since it has a lot of the same effects).

3 hours ago, Emeraldegg said:

That looks like the same error we got last night, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

This is common error, but reasons can be different. So I need screenshots / information about last steps to find a way to reproduce bug.

1 hour ago, Sandrem said:

This is common error, but reasons can be different. So I need screenshots / information about last steps to find a way to reproduce bug.

Will do, next time it happens I will try to recall the steps. Also, something I'm noticing is that a lot of times since the update, a red dice will show as uncanceled even though there are enough evade results to cancel it. There's no specific pattern that I can tell, so just curious if anyone else is noticing this.

6 minutes ago, Emeraldegg said:

a red dice will show as uncanceled even though there are enough evade results to cancel it.

I got this problem few times. This is only problem of view, damage is cancelled correctly.
I saw this in online battles, but this bug may be present in local battles too.

52 minutes ago, Sandrem said:

I got this problem few times. This is only problem of view, damage is cancelled correctly.
I saw this in online battles, but this bug may be present in local battles too.

Confirmed, this happens locally too.  Also agreed that it's only a view problem - damage is cancelled and/or dealt correctly.

14 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

Had an error

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

Here's the latest error

Please, provide more information.

What mode it is? (vs AI or internet multiplayer)
What are last steps before error?

14 hours ago, Emeraldegg said:

That looks like the same error we got last night, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

That sounds likek unity :)

Edit: I mean that this text error is very common in unity (probably other software too). Some extra info is needed to  locate the error. Usually this comes along with the file and line where is happening. 

Edited by Andreu

There is still an issue with the game. When choosing the maneuvers, if you click on a ship you already chose the maneuver (the dial will pop up) and pass the planning phase, the dial will remain for the rest of the turn. I don't know if you select and maneuver in the combat phase you will get and error (crash) now, but that's what happened before. The solution is to clean the dial if the planning phase ended.

I've really enjoyed your program. It's been fun to test some lists. Finally tried it online today twice. Both times, I got the below error. One time, it happened when I clicked to remove the minimap. The next time, it happened while I was executing a maneuver.

I'm using a satellite internet connection. The game seemed to flow smoothly while playing. Since it's a "timeout" error, I'm guessing it might have to do with my internet connection and the slow latency associated with satellite internet?

Screen%20Shot%202018-04-07%20at%2010.42.