s1ickrick

Fly Casual X-Wing Simulator

3 hours ago, Antipodean Ork said:

"His requirements are a little off too. The 3 shield restriction is gone and you can't apply the condition to the carrier anymore either. Would like to be able to optimise Rex for some test flights.

Also noticed, in my latest squad, the Lambda has 5 hull and shield instead of 6 and 4."

Well, 2nd ed you cannot apply Krennic to the ship he's on, so that bit is correct!

I meant that the other way round. I was running Rex and Jendon with Echo carrying Krennic. The only ship I could apply the condition to was Echo :D

The optimized prototype condition does not seem to work.  I don't get the option to spend a hit/crit/focus result for the effect.  Also it seems to not let you put it on a ship with more than 3 shields (Defenders).

ok after about 15 games against the IA i have noticed quite a few bugs and always for the AI player

Han Gunner doesn't give stress

IA ship's can K-Turn,Stop,Talon Roll and S-loop and never get stressed

Ruthless works all the time and never damages friendly ships

Y-Wing Ion turret pointing backwards shoots turret forward

1 hour ago, Darth evil said:

ok after about 15 games against the IA i have noticed quite a few bugs and always for the AI player

Han Gunner doesn't give stress

IA ship's can K-Turn,Stop,Talon Roll and S-loop and never get stressed

Ruthless works all the time and never damages friendly ships

Y-Wing Ion turret pointing backwards shoots turret forward

The ai doesn’t get stressed

I really like what everyone did with fly casual, I have played the crap out of it. 

But has anyone looked into doing an actual campaign mode for heroes of the arturi cluster?

50 minutes ago, PS10 said:

I really like what everyone did with fly casual, I have played the crap out of it. 

But has anyone looked into doing an actual campaign mode for heroes of the arturi cluster?

Keeping up with FFG's releases, while fixing bugs, is taking already all the time.
At the same time, the HOTAC ruleset is being rethought by some people in their Facebook group, to adapt it to Second Edition, and it is still a bit far from perfection. It only makes sense that the Fly Casual Simulator team keeps doing what they are doing right now and wait for HotAC 2 to be more mature.

3 hours ago, PS10 said:

With current level of support by community, my current plans are following:
1) Winter - bugfixing and inprovements in 0.7.x
2) Spring - survival mode, AI has waves and random reinforcements. HotAC-like squad builder, where you can build own ship with any upgrades and pilot abilities.
3) Summer - separate missions. They will be stored in JSON-files, so community can create own missions without any programming skills.
4) Autumn - simple campaign mode (not full HotAC).
5) Winter-Spring - full HotAC campaign.

Another developers help me a lot with pilots/upgrades and bugfixing, but development of campaign needs special skills in Unity (for example, a lot of UI is needed).
So, there are two ways to speed up the development:
a) To get developers from community that know Unity (or ready to study).
b) To increase my support on Patreon - then I can spend more time to add this complex feature.

And vise versa - if support will be lower, then I will spend my time only on bugfixes and content (missing cards, new waves), without free time to develop new cool features like a campaign.

Edited by Sandrem

22 hours ago, Sandrem said:

2) Spring - survival mode, AI has waves and random reinforcements. HotAC-like squad builder, where you can build own ship with any upgrades and pilot abilities.
3) Summer - separate missions. They will be stored in JSON-files, so community can create own missions without any programming skills.

Would the campaign / HOTAC include online multiplayer for control of the different ships in the squad? 

Or even the option of campaigns with different players controlling the two sides?

On 12/15/2018 at 11:06 AM, Sandrem said:

OMG! You are the best!

8 hours ago, Shoulder of Orion said:

Would the campaign / HOTAC include online multiplayer for control of the different ships in the squad? 

Or even the option of campaigns with different players controlling the two sides?

Network mode is very complex for me. Current network mode still has a lot of bugs, so I cannot say about any estimates of additional network HotAC play.
Ask me again when basics of campaign will be present.

4 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Network mode is very complex for me. Current network mode still has a lot of bugs, so I cannot say about any estimates of additional network HotAC play.

Sandrem, you can't keep responding to the thread like this without linking the Wave 2.0 update.  I GET TOO EXCITED.

5 hours ago, Sandrem said:

Fair enough. There's always hot seat.