Things are pretty quiet around here, so what are some things we'd like to see in the next cycle/before the game ends (news flash, not happening for awhile!)? Here's mine in no particular order.

1. another hero Sam

2. more support for Leadership/Tactics Noldor

3. more Istari, Palantiri, etc.

4. Scouring of the Shire PoD

5. stonger, big Gondor allies

6. FFG deck-boxes

7. nightmare versions of Gen Con/Fellowship Event quests:P

What say ye?

I'm looking forward to the Dale deck.  I want to see Radagast and Saruman heroes.  I want to see another Frodo and another Sam, and Spirit Aragorn.  Scouring of the Shire for print on demand would be excellent.  I want to see a Lobelia ally :).  I want to see a card or two that works really, really well with Spirit Pippin.

-Better Eagles. That's a trait that's been way underserved since Mirkwood.

-Better Radagast, hero or ally - I would be fine with either.

-A cycle taking place in the north around the Iron Hills or in Forochel. We may start to see this at the end of Rhovanion, though.

-Reprints of the Saga boxes, so I don't have to buy them for $80 from unethical game stores in Georgia (*cough cough* CLS games *cough cough*)

4 minutes ago, Network57 said:

-Better Eagles. That's a trait that's been way underserved since Mirkwood.

-Better Radagast, hero or ally - I would be fine with either.

-A cycle taking place in the north around the Iron Hills or in Forochel. We may start to see this at the end of Rhovanion, though.

-Reprints of the Saga boxes, so I don't have to buy them for $80 from unethical game stores in Georgia (*cough cough* CLS games *cough cough*)

More eagles would be nice.  Radagast ally supports eagles but typically isn't worth the cost, but maybe a hero Radagast could do something cool to bolster an eagle deck.

I don't know anything about CLS games (I've been buying from Meeple Madness in Braselton since my friend opened the store), but I don't think it's inherently unethical to charge $80 for an out-of-print $30 game.  If they charged $30, it's not likely they'd have a copy available to sell, so their decision preserves inventory for the hypothetical person who values a sure-to-be-reprinted $30 game that much -- which wouldn't be me.  (Since you're in the Atlanta area, have you tried calling Meeple Madness to see if they have copies left of any of the boxes you need?)

• Thranduil and a twist on the Silvan archetype
  • Grimbeorn the Old and some more Beornings (hopefully in the next cycle)
  • New Bilbo, Sam, and Frodo heroes plus Pippin, Merry, and Fatty allies (Lobelia would be good, too)
  • Radagast and Saruman heroes, plus an attachment for each (at least to help Radagast ally...)
  • Meneldor and a few more eagles
  • Another Dain hero
  • More rings (e.g. dwarven ring)
  • Dragons and drakes
  • Scouring of the Shire
  • "Historical" PODs like Fram slaying Scatha, Battle of Azanulbizar, Siege of Umbar, Battle of Fornost...

4 hours ago, donkler said:

I would love a Dwarf hero that actually supports the other dwarven themed deck milling cards. Maybe also tie it in to the craftsman trait. 

Thorin Stonehelm? While Thorin Stonehelm is committed to the quest, he gains: Response: After an enemy is revealed from the encounter deck,  discard 2 cards from the top of your deck to ready Thorin and give him +1 attack and defense until the end of the round. (Limit once per round)

Spirit hero, 3 wp, 2 attack, 2 defense, 5 hp, 12 threat. Noble, dwarf for traits.

Doesn't key off of the craftsman trait,  but I don't know what you do about that yet.  It seems a dwarfish thing to do.

I would be happy to see most of the things mentioned so far. What I care most about, however, is being able to play a thematic campaign that recreates the books as faithfully as possible (most of the campaign will be solo, which allows me to avoid allies that wouldn't fit thematically, but some quests are played with two or even three players). To that end, I'm hoping for ally versions of some key characters: Aragorn (for A Knife in the Dark and Flight to the Ford), Merry and Pippin (for The Ring Goes South and Journey in the Dark), and Éomer (for The Urûk-Hai). I'd also like to see a hero version of Grimbold to complete my "reinforcements" hero lineup for Helm's Deep.

(Unfinished Tales expands on Grimbold's valour during the battles of the Fords of Isen, and Gandalf sent Grimbold and his men to join Erkenbrand. It's not clear whether Grimbold reached Erkenbrand in time to participate in the dawn attack, but it certainly seems possible; Unfinished Tales says: "Both on the outward journey [to Isengard], when [Gandalf's] direct route would take him close to the Fords, and on his return south to find Erkenbrand, he must have met Grimbold and Elfhelm," so if Grimbold started moving to join Erkenbrand while Gandalf was travelling to Isengard, he might have joined Erkenbrand in time to participate in the battle. It's not entirely thematic to have a reinforcements deck for that quest, but the enemies that they engage can be thought of as the enemies who didn't reach Helm's Deep because of the Rohirrim's valour at the second battle of the fords, and it gives me the opportunity to use Beyond All Hope'd Gandalf.)

If the designers decide that they don't want to release an ally version of Aragorn or Éomer, I want a high cost non-unique ally that I can use to represent them, and then treat that card as though it were unique (though I wouldn't want to Sword-Thain them and then play hero-only attachments if that seemed exploitable). I'd be happy with Vigilant Dúnadan representing Aragorn if there were an ongoing way to boost his willpower (because of  Power in their Terror and the Witch-king); with Keep Watch, ally Arwen (which stretches theme a bit), and Tale of Tinúviel, Vigilant Dúnadan is perfect for when you reach stage 3 of A Knife in the Dark. There's currently no non-unique Rohan ally that would be a great representation of Éomer, however.

I wanted cards to make a viable Fellowship Frodo/Sam/Galadriel deck with almost no allies. At this point, it can mostly hold its own, with Strider (using the designer-approved house rule that Saga heroes don't count towards the two hero limit), Fireside Song, Rosie, Friend of Friends (Mirror of Galadriel helps to find the second copy relatively quickly), and classic Hobbit attachments. I'm definitely getting closer to having my thematic campaign become a reality.

1 hour ago, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

An amendment to my list:

8. To see a "the game is dying" thread that gets no replies or likes.:P

Because no one will be left to reply?

Game's toast and the best we can do is try to enjoy the crumbs (and the digital replacement, I guess).

3 hours ago, Edheliad said:

Because no one will be left to reply?

Game's toast and the best we can do is try to enjoy the crumbs (and the digital replacement, I guess).

Because everyone is bored to death by them and knows they never come to fruition.

52 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

RIP Star Wars LCG.

What was the problem with that game, anyway?

On 12/1/2018 at 11:43 AM, Wandalf the Gizzard said:

3. more Istari, Palantiri, etc.

On 12/1/2018 at 0:19 PM, dalestephenson said:

I want to see Radagast and Saruman heroes.

On 12/1/2018 at 0:23 PM, Network57 said:

-Better Radagast, hero or ally 

On 12/1/2018 at 2:27 PM, Kjeld said:
  • Radagast and Saruman heroes, plus an attachment for each (at least to help Radagast ally...)
  • More rings (e.g. dwarven ring)

On 12/1/2018 at 4:32 PM, John Constantine said:
  • Saruman hero;
  • Saruman ally;
  • Saruman attachment;
  • Saruman event;
  • Saruman side quest.

If only FFG actually listened.

That seems to be FFG's (maybe partially Asmodee's?) biggest problem: lack of enthusiasm and activity (pertaining to the community) for their games. Their promotion, organized play, and news releases have usually seemed half-hearted to me. They often end up redoing games (Star Wars, AGoT, Netrunner). -_- That said, Caleb and Matt are the happy exception, and I think FFG is a good company on the whole.

Maybe we're speaking too soon. After all, we've got a whole cycle ahead that has the chance to give us everything on our lists. At any rate, if you developers are reading this, you guys are doing great! ;)

I already added my voice to the call for a hero Radagast with some toys that can be played on Radagast ally as well, such as a staff, rabbit mount, whatever.

Also Meneldor hero or ally ealge, and why not old Wilyador coming back as a hero or ally eagle as well!!?

All these cards would fit perfectly within the new cycle to be released.