Justindoodler

Lone Wolf

So I thought I would have a stab at using Genesys for the Lone Wolf setting. 

Skills

General Skills
Alchemy (Int)
Athletics (Br)
Cool (Pr)
Coordination (Pr)
Discipline (Will)
Mechanics (Int)
Medicine (Int)
Perception (Cun)
Resilience (Br)
Riding (Ag)

Seafaring (Int)
Skulduggery (Cun)
Stealth (Ag)
Streetwise (Cun)
Survival (Cun)
Vigilance (Will)

Magic Skills
Arcana (Int)
Divine (Will)
Primal (Cun)

Combat Skills
Brawl (Br)
Melee (Heavy) (Br)
Melee (Light) (Br)
Ranged (Ag)

Social Skills
Charm (Pr)
Coercion (Will)
Deception (Cun)
Leadership (Pr)
Negotiation (Pr)

Knowledge Skills
Adventuring (Int)
Forbidden (Int)
Lore (Int)
Geography (Int)

Character Generation

Step 1: Choose Role or Archetype
A character's role is a combination of a Species and career. Roles represent the iconic character types of Magnamund and grant access to special Role Talents.

Border Ranger of the North

Role Abilities: Brawn 2, Agility 2, Intellect 2, Cunning 2, Willpower 2, Presence 2

• Starting Wound Threshold: 10 + Brawn
  • Starting Strain Threshold: 10 + Willpower
  • Starting Experience: 100
  • Career Skills: Perception, Resilience, Riding, Stealth, Survival, Vigilance, Melee (Light), Ranged, Leadership
  • Starting Skills: A Border Ranger starts with one rank in Survival. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and this skill may not be increased higher than rank 2 during character creation.
  • Warden's Wisdom: Once per session as an out-of-turn incidental, you may spend a Story Point to add a Triumph result when making a skill check involving Riding, Survival or Stealth, or when using a Border Ranger Talent.

Brother of the Crystal Star

Role Abilities: Brawn 2, Agility 1, Intellect 3, Cunning 2, Willpower 2, Presence 2

• Starting Wound Threshold: 8 + Brawn
  • Starting Strain Threshold: 12 + Willpower
  • Starting Experience: 90
  • Career Skills: Alchemy, Arcana, Coercion, Discipline, Medicine, Forbidden, Lore, Vigilance 
  • Starting Skills: A Brother of the crystal Star starts with one rank in Arcana. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and this skill may not be increased higher than rank 2 during character creation.
  • Force of Will: Once per session as an out-of-turn incidental, you may spend a Story Point to make a Hard (3 Challenge dice) Discipine check. If you succeed, you regain 1 point of Strain for each success.

Buccaneer of Shadaki

Role Abilities: Brawn 2, Agility 2, Intellect 2, Cunning 2, Willpower 2, Presence 2

• Starting Wound Threshold: 10 + Brawn
  • Starting Strain Threshold: 10 + Willpower
  • Starting Experience: 110
  • Career Skills: Athletics, Brawl, Cool, Coercion, Seafaring, Skulduggery, Gunnery, Melee (Light) 
  • Starting Skills: A Buccaneer of Shadaki starts with one rank in Athletics. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and this skill may not be increased higher than rank 2 during character creation. 
  • Scarlet Sails: If your character fails at an Athletics or Stealth check, or when making a combat check and you are outnumbered by at least 3 to one,  you may spend a Story Point to re-roll your check. 

Dwarven Gunner of Bor

Role Abilities: Brawn 2, Agility 1, Intellect 2, Cunning 2, Willpower 3, Presence 2

• Starting Wound Threshold: 11 + Brawn
  • Starting Experience: 90
  • Career Skills: Alchemy, Gunnery, Mechanics, Perception, Resilience, Vigilance, Melee (Light), Ranged
  • Starting Skills: A Dwarven Gunner starts with one rank in Resilience. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and this skill may not be increased higher than rank 2 during character creation. 
  • Dark Vision: When making skill checks, Dwarves remove up to 2 Setback dice? ? imposed due to darkness.
  • Tough as Nails: Once per session, a Dwarf character may spend a Story Point as an out-of-turn incidental immediately after suffering a Critical Injury and determining the result. If they do so, they count the result rolled as “01.”

Kai Lord

• Starting Wound Threshold: 10 + Brawn
  • Starting Strain Threshold: 10 + Willpower
  • Starting Experience: 110
  • Career Skills: Discipline, Stealth, Survival, Vigilance, Melee (Light), Melee (Heavy), Ranged, Lore
  • Starting Skills: A Kai Lord starts with one rank in Discipline. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and this skills may not be increased higher than rank 2 during character creation.
  • Kai's Favour: Once per session as an out-of-turn incidental, you may spend one Story Point to re-roll a skill check.

Kloon Sage of Chaman

Role Abilities: Brawn 2, Agility 1, Intellect 3, Cunning 2, Willpower 2, Presence 2

• Starting Wound Threshold: 8 + Brawn
  • Starting Strain Threshold: 12 + Willpower
  • Career Skills: Alchemy, Discipline, Mechanics, Leadership, Negotiation, Perception, Lore, Resilience
  • Starting Skills: A Kloon Sage starts with one rank in lore. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and this skills may not be increased higher than rank 2 during character creation.
  • Pure Thought : When have to make a Discipline check in order to resist a psychic ability,  you may spend one Story Point to resists the effects of that ability for a number of combat rounds equal to your Discipline rating.

Noodnic Scavenger

Role Abilities: Brawn 1, Agility 3, Intellect 2, Cunning 3, Willpower 1, Presence 2

• Starting Wound Threshold: 6 + Brawn
  • Career Skills: Athletics, Charm, Coordination, Deception, Perception, Skulduggery, Stealth, Survival
  • Starting Skills: A Noodnic starts with one rank in Survival. They obtain this rank before spending experience points, and this skill may not be increased higher than rank 2 during character creation. 
  • Small Size: Noodnic characters have a Silhouette of 0.
  • The First Law: Once per session, a Noodnic character may spend a Story Point as an out-of-turn incidental to immediately ignore a number of Wounds suffered from any source, equal to their ranks in Survival.

To be Continued....

Edited by Justindoodler

4 hours ago, Jedifish said:

Can you tell me what you used to make this? I would like to do my own take on a character sheet for my campaign.

It was made in Pages (Mac) with some elements created in Photoshop.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:54 PM, Justindoodler said:

Cheers. Eventually I plan to create all of the Lone Wolf Traits and disciplines as Talents but I expect it will take a while.

What do you think about having Magnakai Disciplines as Tier 5 Talents - with the prerequisite that you have to have at least  *all* the basic (not "improved) Kai Disciplines Talents before purchasing them? Just brainstorming...

I'm getting very little feedback, so I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but this is what I have so far, building on what Justin had made:

I will finish the Improved Kai Disciplines and Magnakai Disciplines, and then I will move on to Equipment and Monsters.

This is awesome work and the layout is great. I am not an expert in Lone Wolf but I maybe the idea of Magnakai disciplines as Tier 5 only makes them very difficult to achieve. Would it not be better to make them Tier 4 and 5 with the requiesistes you mention? Otherwise it would require a very experienced character to purchase more than 2 of them.

On the other side, what about other types of characters different of Kai lords? I know they are the focus of the game but not having an equivalent set of talents would make them weak.

All other talents will be open to any career, so I don't see them being weaker. If a Kai Lord ONLY invests in Kai Disciplines he will be very weak in both skills and attributes. Magnakai Disciplines are extremely powerful and RARE, so I think Tier 5 is appropriate. Think Jedi Master level. To be proficient in all of them makes you an absolute living legend.

EDIT: Actually, I will have to do some math to see what is appropriate in terms of Magnakai. I am still leaning towards Tier 5, but maybe Tier 4 is more balanced...

Edited by lecudas

Okidoki.... So I am reworking the Kai Disciplines. As I have it right now it would cost 70 XP in talents to become Magnakai (i.e. learn all 10 Basic Kai Disciplines). It would cost 260 XP in talents to become Kai Grand Master.

But that actually seem really cheap to me. I compare it to Star Wars, where 600XP = Jedi Knight level.

Wouldn't 500XP be more appropriate for a Kai Grandmaster? If so, all 10 Magnakai Disciplines are Tier 3. That would then open up the Tier 4 and 5 talents (Kai Grandmaster Disciplines).

You are right. Being a Grandmaster should be something you work for during a complete and long campaign. So you should need 500-600 xp at least to become one. Just be careful when arranging their tier that the effects are in line with the guidelines for balancing new talents found in the CRB.

Great work by the way!

On 4/22/2018 at 5:18 AM, Erahard said:

You are right. Being a Grandmaster should be something you work for during a complete and long campaign. So you should need 500-600 xp at least to become one. Just be careful when arranging their tier that the effects are in line with the guidelines for balancing new talents found in the CRB.

Great work by the way!

Will do! And I welcome any help or input in balancing the talents/disciplines. Other than re-skinning and creating monsters, that is by far the most important thing in this adaptation.