Sign in to follow this  
TheToad

What I want for my birthday...

The Toad is about to complete another orbit of the sun... all I ask of FFG is to give me a variant of the millennium falcon piloted by Lando...

Less in your face than the Han version...

a little more gambling support themed... when attacking, xnumber of  friendly squads get to add a die matching any die in their armament... the player then removes any one die after rolling 

a smidge cheaper than the Han version... maybe lose some dice angainst squads and add relay

thats my thoughts at least... do you guys want Lando in the Falcon? If so... what do you think he’d do?

Edited by TheToad

How about letting him or any one squadron within range 1-3 reroll up to all dice in his attack pool, but being stuck with that result-you can't use farr to reroll a blue after the second roll, or any other card that could allow you to reroll any dice.  I'll let Dras do his rules magic to come up with the exact wording.  :D

Still keeps the boost, but you're gambling on getting a better roll and may get burned.

Why stop at just Lando in the Falcon. Give us a whole Millennium Falcon fighter pack with everyone who ever owned, piloted, or crewed it. Probably better plan on there being two MF squadron packs though if we're covering everyone.

Lando Calrissian

Chewbacca

Rey

C-3PO

Nien Nunb

Airen Cracken

Gannis Ducain

Unkar Plutt

Luke Skywalker

R2-D2

And the list goes on....

And whatever they do, they shouldn't change the rules about uniques. That way we can field any variation of them we want to at the same time. I'm sure Dras would love that ;)

In all seriousness though if/when we get Lando in a squadron I want him in the Lady Luck.

7 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

You left out Lt. Blount.

i know you said the list goes on, but c’mon man, there is a specific double up to have!

So unforgivable of me! And his could be such a cool ability too. Maybe all other friendly Millennium Falcon's at distance 1-2 gain swarm.

3 minutes ago, Darth Lupine said:

No. Specifically no relay. Ever. 

Of course at least one Falcon will have Relay. With so many Falcon's all of the keywords can make an appearance. Maybe give Relay and Strategic to Rey since her Falcon has that fancy square dish.

50 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

Of course at least one Falcon will have Relay. With so many Falcon's all of the keywords can make an appearance. Maybe give Relay and Strategic to Rey since her Falcon has that fancy square dish.

It should have Assault cos she drops out of it into space to get to a ship to raid it :)

Edited by Visovics

On 1/11/2018 at 10:22 AM, TheToad said:

The Toad is about to complete another orbit of the sun... all I ask of FFG is to give me a variant of the millennium falcon piloted by Lando...

Less in your face than the Han version...

a little more gambling support themed... when attacking, xnumber of  friendly squads get to add a die matching any die in their armament... the player then removes any one die after rolling 

a smidge cheaper than the Han version... maybe lose some dice angainst squads and add relay

thats my thoughts at least... do you guys want Lando in the Falcon? If so... what do you think he’d do?

I'm all with you that ffg should do it. But it seems there is already a replacement for him... 
Swx23-hera-syndulla

So I just proxy the falcon model over her. Until ffg brings a commander lando that can be placed in a squadron :)

Edited by Muelmuel

On 11/01/2018 at 3:49 PM, Megatronrex said:

In one of those cross-section books it says the new dish is much worse than the old one.

The Han version could get the ability “when within 2 of Mel’s space slug debris, Han and the falcon get evade and can disengage from any squadrons.  However, after completing the maneuver, take one hull damage due to mynocks chewing on your power cables.”

On 1/10/2018 at 6:22 PM, TheToad said:

a little more gambling support themed...

On 1/10/2018 at 7:12 PM, idiewell said:

How about letting him or any one squadron within range 1-3 reroll up to all dice in his attack pool, but being stuck with that result-you can't use farr to reroll a blue after the second roll, or any other card that could allow you to reroll any dice.  I'll let Dras do his rules magic to come up with the exact wording.  :D

Still keeps the boost, but you're gambling on getting a better roll and may get burned.

When attacking, you may require your opponent to pick two dice of any color. When you roll your dice pool, your opponent rolls the two dice he selected as a separate dice pool. Total the hits and critical hits in each dice pool. If your dice pool has a higher total, add your opponent's dice pool to yours. If your opponent's total is higher, cancel your attack.

50 minutes ago, elbmc1969 said:

When attacking, you may require your opponent to pick two dice of any color. When you roll your dice pool, your opponent rolls the two dice he selected as a separate dice pool. Total the hits and critical hits in each dice pool. If your dice pool has a higher total, add your opponent's dice pool to yours. If your opponent's total is higher, cancel your attack.

Cancelling the attack may be a little too much, but it's certainly a gamble :D

4 hours ago, idiewell said:

Cancelling the attack may be a little too much, but it's certainly a gamble :D

I enjoy how it forces the opposing player into a tough decision: she can roll red dice to try to add as little as possible to the attack, but have little chance of cancelling the attack, or go as high as black dice for an excellent chance of cancelling the attack ... but also a potential catastrophe if she gets a really good roll--but you roll just a smidge better.