Force Majeure

Showcase: Protectorate Starfighter

2 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Thanks! Wire snippers. 

(I'm a very unprofessional painter/modder :))

Explains the rough edges, still looks really nice. They do make saw blades for X-Acto knives, something you could look into if you plan to do any more mods like this. :)

Just now, Hiemfire said:

Explains the rough edges, still looks really nice. They do make saw blades for X-Acto knives, something you could look into if you plan to do any more mods like this. :)

Yeah I lost my X-Acto saws a while ago and never bothered buying more... my laziness outweighs my perfectionism when I comes to painting I guess. :) 

I finished an "inverse" version of my earlier "Suicide Pink" Fenn Rau special. I love this ship, both in the game and to paint -- compared to A-Wings and B-Wings, these things are a dream to paint and highlight. The 2E resculpt of the Fang is objectively a better model than the original 1E edition. Here, Pink = 2E, Green = 1E.

dwNOp9tm.jpg

HLO4r7im.jpg

Odr9FKYm.jpg

Finally, here are the lads flying with Boba in the Marauder:

v7BBRDCm.jpg

12 hours ago, Ravncat said:

In Japan? Katana Squadron logo and all? Then we met!

Probably not then :)

It was in my local store as a prize.. maybe they saw it and copied it, or they had the same idea.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:45 AM, RuusMarev said:

Probably not then :)

It was in my local store as a prize.. maybe they saw it and copied it, or they had the same idea.

I wouldn't be surprised, Black + red is a nice combo - and would compliment those red starvipers..

6 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

But maybe thin you paint a bit next time.

No, it was the ink. Paint-step was ok but the blaCk ink looks absolutely brrrrgh on that ship. I used that yellow paint/ black ink scheme on other cockpits and it worked. Maybe it something in the model itself. Or maybe the paint wasn't dry at all. Dunno. Whatever. I like the engines.

Our Zealous Recruit does not fly without a Swarm wingman, (or 3 more Fangs), so it was necessary to provide him with a matching partner.

One Fenn Rau fits the bill....

(Although I seem to have left the wrong plate on when snapping)

e60orB0.jpg

kt9y6AL.jpg

But now tomorrow's HS squad is ready to snazz the place up.

6lHVmri.jpg

Side note. The 4 white lines on Fenns left panel are in honour of his finest moment for us, the popping of 4 RZ-2s in 4 successive turns to swing a match from awkward losing battle to utter whitewash :D

vq4yHrV.jpg

Trying out the new Citadel Contrast - wasn't happy with the straight contrast effect but with some mixing and touch up achieved a nice result. This is Wraithbone base,  Apothecary White (thinned 1:1 with water), touch up with an Wraithbone/Apothecary White mix, edge highlight with a Ceramite White/Wraithbone mix.