Sign in to follow this  
SolidusPrime

New stronghold store kits

6 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Rick Role? Haven’t seen that one yet, just Keeper and Seeker. What clan has it? Mantis? Nah, probably Shadowlands...

Like the Mantis would ever stoop to that level.  Please we run only the finest Ivory Kingdom's Prince scams.

Playmat and honor dial are nice additions, everything else feels very same-y. Also the whole "Battle for the Stronghold" idea could have been more fleshed out, I feel. Like okay, if X clan does best at this store, they can try and get the owners to put a couple posters up? Sure, I guess, but so what? Maybe stories of Old5R story prizes spoiled me a bit, but I wish local level tournaments and events had more impact/novelty than what FFG has given us thus far. 

24 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Rick Role? Haven’t seen that one yet, just Keeper and Seeker. What clan has it? Mantis? Nah, probably Shadowlands...

Obviously Crab, never gonna give anything up, not even you. 

Definitely not Scorpion, wouldn't tell a lie and hurt you. 

2 hours ago, Sometimes Y said:

Playmat and honor dial are nice additions, everything else feels very same-y. Also the whole "Battle for the Stronghold" idea could have been more fleshed out, I feel. Like okay, if X clan does best at this store, they can try and get the owners to put a couple posters up? Sure, I guess, but so what? Maybe stories of Old5R story prizes spoiled me a bit, but I wish local level tournaments and events had more impact/novelty than what FFG has given us thus far. 

"Controlling a store may also grant your clan other advantages further along the path—although your victories may inspire the other clans toward retaliatory efforts of their own…"

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/10/your-store-is-your-stronghold/

I feel like they wouldn't have put that line in there if they didn't have bigger plans. Maybe not as grand as you are hoping, but it seems like it will eventually be more significant than bragging rights at least.

1 hour ago, Sometimes Y said:

Missed that line. Hopefully it'll mean more down the road, then.

I'm pretty sure this is just the 1st quarter kickoff kit, kind of ties in with the launch party and paves the way for the Way of the Samurai OP. Not sure which page mentioned it, but somewhere on the FFG site it mentions 4 stronghold events for the year. So there's plenty of time and opportunity for the other three quarters to build off this concept.