alasta

are First Order coming soon too?

I'm mainly just wanting to play if the First Order are going to be a team, any news on when they're coming out? 

Or are they going to do very slow waves of releases?

Edited by alasta

Nothing official on First Order. Entirely speculation. Many think the game will never leave the Original Trilogy. Others think that over time other eras will be visited. Zero confirmation one way or another from FFG. 

Even if they do visit other eras, it is likely you will be waiting a year or more before new armies are released. Stay tuned, but don't expect anything soon.

I would hope they flesh out the GCW era with some scum and villainy factions like Hutt Cartel, as a 3rd then maybe (Independents and Bounty hunters as a 4th with rules to add them on to others). 

With so much to draw from and keep it in theme (obviously from New and old canon) I don't see why we need to mix time lines, yet. Solo is soonish I guess as well, that would be kinda more relevant too I guess.  Although yes I would love to play with a First Order army 

Also Last Jedi Spoiler

There's no resistance left. Apart from 6 people and some Porgs. So any army you make is already dead. maybe Ep 9 will bring enough to add Resistance and First Order them to the game.

Edited by Sk3tch

Solo and Rebels are both very relevant to varying extents. between those, Rogue One and the OT there's really no need for them to go mixing eras too early.

And that's before even getting into a lot of the Legends stuff that IA was happy to delve into. 

With the massive back log of troops and vehicles available and detailed from the OT, it would be years, I think, at their current rate until they jump to another era that's much less detailed. Or they could just do a quick one off and have a small wave with everything from the new trilogy since so little is out there for it. Sure there's a slew of characters , none of which are real leader types for small units outside Phasma, but very little new for troopers and I cant think of any vehicles besides those junker air speeders.

I see the Clone Wars happening before new trilogy since you actually have an extremely wide assortment of troops, vehicles, and hero characters(On the clone side at least with Cody and Bakura, plus all the various boring jedis)

I don't think we'll see any sequel trilogy content - at least not for a very long time. 

Just in the Galactic Civil War alone, there is a TON of content for this game.   Consider the films, Rebels, Rogue One, and probably even more with the books and upcoming movies like Han Solo coming out soon!   There's just so much within this same time period.  

If they did a sequel trilogy warfare game, I'd love for it to be a much smaller scale for the miniatures, so we can have multiple walkers on the board.  I'd like to have a war game where I take 5+ walkers up against a fortified base. 

If/when FFG move outside of the OT, i hope they introduce subfactions and prohibit mixing them. No first order mixed with empire, or rebels mixed with republic.

Separatists could be their own faction and field droids, lots of em.

And I hope it stays that way, and the expand laterally instead of through time. I don't want to fight 18 different "Empire" factions. I'd rather fight some aliens, or other stuff. It's a galaxy, hopefully FFG fills it, instead of just fighting around the death star(s) all the time.

1 hour ago, VirMortalis said:

They stated they wanted to playing in the Galactic Civil war era, so that means nope for the Clones and nope for the First Order. We are literally staying between ANH and ROTJ

I hope its not constrained so tightly. I think they will include things from Rebels and Rogue One, as well as from Aftermath and Battlefront II. I do think you are right though and it will remain Rebels/New Republic vs Empire/Remnant for a while.