Jump to content
Boom Owl

Nym + Genius + Trajectory Bombs

Recommended Posts

Someone posted this on the reddit page. 

dLQRdkt.png?1

Any official consensus from the judges as to how the next couple regionals/opens will be ruled? Chicago way or the other way?

Genius: After you reveal and execute a maneuver, if you did not overlap a ship, you may discard 1 of your equipped Upgrade cards without the "Action:" header to drop the corresponding bomb token.

Trajectory Simulator: You may launch bombs using the ( 5) template instead of dropping them. You cannot launch bombs with the "Action:" header in this way.

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stay On The Leader said:

I don't see how you can rule it doesn't work, seems very clear.

Agree sim says "instead of dropping them" and genius says "drop".

I am more curious if the judges reach an internal consensus or if its going to be case by case for future tournaments. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The existence of deflective plating for the BSF (which has a red stop) would imply that it cannot be dropped after moving with Genius.  I realize my ruling is based on inference and the design of the ship/pack that Trajectory Simulator came with. 

It is pretty abusive & absurd for Nym/Sol Sixxa to do a white 4 forward, and launch a bomb 5 forward. That a total of 10 template lengths between the starting position of Nym/Sol Sixxa and the resulting bomb.

FAQ please FFG.

Edited by RunnerAZ
edits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing in the wording of the cards that would prevent Genius from working with Trajectory Simulator.

However, this is just as bad, if not worse than, Asensors Nym's bomb bubble.

Bombs that require you to be PS 11+ to not have your Agency burglarized in front of your eyes and **** over entire archetypes cannot exist in the game without player counts plummeting due to the mechanic being not fun to play against.

Hopefully FFG releases an emergency FAQ to address this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RunnerAZ said:

The existence of deflective plating for the BSF (which has a red stop) would imply that it cannot be dropped after moving with Genius.  I realize my ruling is based on inference and the design of the ship/pack that Trajectory Simulator came with. 

It is pretty abusive & absurd for Nym/Sol Sixxa to do a white 4 forward, and launch a bomb 5 forward. That a total of 10 template lengths between the starting position of Nym/Sol Sixxa and the resulting bomb.

FAQ please FFG.

The existence of Deflective Plating on a ship that can't take Genius has very little to do with how Genius works, in my opinion.

Those Scum can do a red 5 straight before launching, to make your example even more impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

There is nothing in the wording of the cards that would prevent Genius from working with Trajectory Simulator.

However, this is just as bad, if not worse than, Asensors Nym's bomb bubble.

Bombs that require you to be PS 11+ to not have your Agency burglarized in front of your eyes and **** over entire archetypes cannot exist in the game without player counts plummeting due to the mechanic being not fun to play against.

Hopefully FFG releases an emergency FAQ to address this.

Summer 2019 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

There is nothing in the wording of the cards that would prevent Genius from working with Trajectory Simulator.

However, this is just as bad, if not worse than, Asensors Nym's bomb bubble.

Bombs that require you to be PS 11+ to not have your Agency burglarized in front of your eyes and **** over entire archetypes cannot exist in the game without player counts plummeting due to the mechanic being not fun to play against.

Hopefully FFG releases an emergency FAQ to address this.

They already FAQd genius, he discards the bomb so no more bomblets. 

Edited by GrimmyV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Mynock Delta said:

Judges do have a consensus: it works.  However, it is completely abusive, and I hope FFG addresses it quickly.

But that trick works, at the absolute most, 2 4 times. Then you've got no bombs, no droid, and no system. 

Is it really that bad?

Edited by Sekac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sekac said:

But that trick works, at the absolute most, 2 times. Then you've got no bombs, no droid, and no system. 

Is it really that bad?

4 times, 6 times if they really try for Sabine. (EM and 2-3 bombs)

Alternatively, 2 times and as many times as they want for the normal Launching (non-genius) 

How many lists can eat 4 proton bombs to the face? Not ******* many. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

4 times, 6 times if they really try for Sabine. (EM and 2-3 bombs)

Alternatively, 2 times and as many times as they want for the normal Launching (non-genius) 

How many lists can eat 4 proton bombs to the face? Not ******* many. 

Oh you're right. Except he can't do Sabine and genius so not 6 times.

4 Proton bombs is a lot... but so is 13 points to spend on it. I dunno...I haven't faced it yet so I can't say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

4 times, 6 times if they really try for Sabine. (EM and 2-3 bombs)

Alternatively, 2 times and as many times as they want for the normal Launching (non-genius) 

How many lists can eat 4 proton bombs to the face? Not ******* many. 

Nope only 4. Can’t have Sabine if you have Title.  We’re saved!  ....

Edited by tortugatron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlexW said:

Sabine is on the other ship.

Yes Alex. I was referring to chucking 6 bombs with genius which can’t be done due to the title. I was ninja’d before pointing this out anyway. Sabine better be on the other ship or you’re doing it wrong!  Tell Tim and Josh that they need to get on this trajectory thing before it gets nerfed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tortugatron said:

Yes Alex. I was referring to chucking 6 bombs with genius which can’t be done due to the title. I was ninja’d before pointing this out anyway. Sabine better be on the other ship or you’re doing it wrong!  Tell Tim and Josh that they need to get on this trajectory thing before it gets nerfed. 

Tim is concerned about how it will be ruled since it is entirely possible that an FFG connected judge could call it the other way.  Meta Josh is all in.

Edited by AlexW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AlexW said:

Tim is concerned about how it will be ruled since it is entirely possible that an FFG connected judge could call it the other way.  Meta Josh is all in.

I’m a judge and I’m calling it like most of the world. It works. I’d rather it not work, but it works until FFG officially says it doesn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next round of same old qq about bombs.

Same player names qqing. Fascinating species.

As can be seen in the tournament scene, due to hard alpha lists Nym is nowhere near the top. 

To me, unavoidable alpha at PS11 is far more of a funkiller then having to guess where your opponents bomb will be placed.

What those bomb maps dont show, the Nym player has to decide where to go before the turn starts too. 

And it adds a pretty fun element to the game in general, having to interact with your opponent instead of autowin due to better alpha/dicemods.

Edited by Rangor
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...