Sign in to follow this  
Whipporwill

Night of the Zealot Redux

36 minutes ago, BD Flory said:

It would have to be a pretty small box not to be able to hold Zealot + Zealot redux, even sleeved. I currently have Zealot + Rougarou + Carnevale, all sleeved, in one of their old OP LotR boxes, which are on the small side.

What I hope for, though, is that it's a big enough box to hold an 8 scenario campaign + redux cards (sleeved), so the box can be a standard size if they do develop additional redux products with their own boxes for other campaigns. The extra space for Zealot could be used for standalone scenarios, decks, overflow player cards, tokens, or whatever. It might be a vain hope (especially considering we don't even know if there are plans for any such product), but nonetheless... :)

This seems pretty likely to me.  I'm just going off the fact that the dimensions look very similar to the 500ct boxes I'm using to store each campaign.  All of Dunwich fits, completely sleeved, in one box with enough space left over to fit roughly 3 player decks, which I would think would be enough space for any redux cards.

I'm really hoping they continue this for the other cycles, I really like this idea (and the boxes!).

2 hours ago, agarrett said:

Slightly off topic, but I thought of this due to the mention of sleeving cards. How do people play with sleeved cards?

Sleeving the player cards is obvious and easy, and similarly for the encounter cards. What about act and agenda, or locations, or cards with story cards on the back? I've been playing with those unsleeved, but didn't know how everyone else does it. Is it worth sleeving them, and pulling them out when you need to turn them over? Or maybe look for sleeves that are clear on both sides? Just wondering what others do, thanks.

I only use clear sleeves anyway, as I actually really like the card backs on the normal player and encounter cards. I use matte clear for player/encounter cards, and classic clear for anything which needs to be read on both sides, so act, agenda, location and investigator cards, plus some scenario cards. If you prefer coloured backs (a friend of mine uses coloured sleeves to match the investigator’s primary class) just stick with the clear sleeves for the double sided ones.

First, I have to give props to FFG for creating cool content like this.  Very few other game manufacturers do stuff like this, so thanks!

Now, the storage box looks awesome, however, I am already up to using two 930 count BCW boxes for my collection.  Maybe this can be a portable option when I take a scenario and group of player decks on the go.

The 18 Divider cards is a terrific idea.  I am already using Ryno80's divider cards found on BGG.  Giving us 18 divider cards will either invite players to expect FFG to produce Divider cards for previous content, and all future content, or it will most likely be set aside for those of us who already have an aftermarket set of dividers.  

Anyway, I appreciate their willingness to develop content like this, and allow us to return to the original box content, now that they have a greater expansion of what they can throw at players.  

Im in fo sho.

just for those who want a little bit more spoiler about the encounter cards who are in the box , a picture from the spanish announcement could be watching on the product page of the Redux on BOARDGAMEGEEK in the gallery . Dont worry , there not a lot of spoilery , just 2 locations ( one for the first scenari , one for the third ) one treachery ( first scenario ) and one monster ennemy from an encounter deck that is new . So If you are curious about them go check it out ^^ That made me excided a lot so I share ^^

1 hour ago, phorcys12 said:

just for those who want a little bit more spoiler about the encounter cards who are in the box , a picture from the spanish announcement could be watching on the product page of the Redux on BOARDGAMEGEEK in the gallery . Dont worry , there not a lot of spoilery , just 2 locations ( one for the first scenari , one for the third ) one treachery ( first scenario ) and one monster ennemy from an encounter deck that is new . So If you are curious about them go check it out ^^ That made me excided a lot so I share ^^

Sorry, but I can's see them. Can you say precisely where there are?

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, General Zodd said:

It’s 20 player cards. Says so on the product description page. Call yourselves investigators?! Tsk! ?

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, Whipporwill said:

Splash art showed leveled up talents for Physical Training and Hyperawareness...

So figure all the core set talents upgraded as well as at least 1 more card per class as we know about the level 3 rabbit’s foot.

Agreed to both.  The new Act I card is #12, so I have to assume that #11 is the Difficulty/Dice Bag card and that it's 2x10 player cards.  I too expect that half of them will be upgrades for each class's core talent.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, Somatose Boy said:

The size of the box looks similar to the size the box from Arkham Nights 2027 was, so likely just large enough to hold the Core campaign and encounter cards, and this Upgraded expansion.

I can't speak to Arkham Nights 2027 ;), but it does look identical (art not withstanding) to the AN'17 box.  I'll check mine to see how many cards fit in it when I get the chance.  For immediate reference, however, I've been keeping the first 6-pack-cycle of L5R (360 cards) in mine, and needed to use a Dragon Shield pack of sleeves, long-ways, to keep them from sliding around.  It's really nice quality.  (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/9/26/arkham-nights-2017/, although the final product looks much more like the RttNoZ box than the promotional image.) 

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, CSerpent said:

I get the appeal, but yeah, I already hope for brand new ideas in future campaigns rather than the checklist of Dunwich/Innsmouth/MoM.  This is a step back even from that.

Like you say, as long as it doesn't disrupt the expected schedule, it's not a big deal.  But I was anticipating the next deluxe to be announced this week.  Maybe not now.

I couldn't agree more with a desired divergence from the "Arkham Checklist."  However, I don't think this will interfere with new content.  The focus on a full-blown King in Yellow campaign,  although similar to EH's Signs of Carcosa, is I think much more interesting and involved.  (I may have a soft spot for Hastur.)

That said, the subject material for The Forgotten Age (announcement: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/1/31/the-forgotten-age/ (which was announced after your post)) looks vastly different from anything we've seen to date, Mr. Jones.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say that, "Indy, they're digging in the right place!"

Both the LCG and MoM2 are pushing in much more interesting and new directions than their traditionally treaded water.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, Samea said:

As long as new content will be released as usual, I'm excited to return to known content in an extended version, just like I enjoy watching the director's cut of movies I've already seen in the theatre.

I think that's the gist.  Or, maybe a more competitive version of the game now that the card pool is bigger.  It reads something to the effect of, "You've seen this before, you know what's going to happen, but it doesn't."  Makes me think you've either been having premonitions (in the form of the first campaign) or, you're hallucinating/dreaming of the night your life went to **** and something's corrupting your memory/haunting you into playing it through with different conditions.  I'm really looking forward to it.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, Meretrix said:

I wonder if we will be able to use these new encounter sets in all scenarios now to make them a bit harder. That is if theres an alternate version of rats, ghouls etc..

I'm really optimistic about this, but the card count, 66 - 20 play cards, doesn't really leave room for the 79 unique cards in the core set to be replaced.  However, some of them - Ancient Evils (my favorite art and my least favorite card) - don't really need to be more difficult.

I think it'll be a trend to have the upgraded (Nightmare) versions to be represented by the color inverse of their encounter set symbol.

They also are correcting the FAQ/Errata of listing people as Humanoid in the set and moving forward.

6 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Agreed to both.  The new Act I card is #12, so I have to assume that #11 is the Difficulty/Dice Bag card and that it's 2x10 player cards.  I too expect that half of them will be upgrades for each class's core talent.

When FFG wants to give numbers of distinct cards, they specify. When they don't, the numbers are of physical cards. So it's definitely 2 copies each of 10 distinct player cards. However, the scenario reference card (the one with the chaos token effects) is the last one I'd expect to be replaced, so I have to wonder what card #11 is.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:54 AM, Khudzlin said:

When FFG wants to give numbers of distinct cards, they specify. When they don't, the numbers are of physical cards. So it's definitely 2 copies each of 10 distinct player cards. However, the scenario reference card (the one with the chaos token effects) is the last one I'd expect to be replaced, so I have to wonder what card #11 is.

New weakness?

47 minutes ago, Duciris said:

The Arkham Nights 2017 deck box is 500 cards (unsleeved).  The one in the Night of the Zealot Revisited looks like it might be longer.

The Arkham Nights 2017 box is about 360 sleeved in dragon shields. The one from Arkham Nights 2027 is virtually identical. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Somatose Boy said:

The Arkham Nights 2017 box is about 360 sleeved in dragon shields. The one from Arkham Nights 2027 is virtually identical. :ph34r:

Now if I could just get my hands on those promos for Elder Sign 3rd Edition from Arkham Nights 2027...

1 hour ago, KBlumhardt said:

Now if I could just get my hands on those promos for Elder Sign 3rd Edition from Arkham Nights 2027...

Well they say Past, Present, Future all are one in Yog-Sothoth.

I am sure if you wanted to start a book reading club with a focus on the mind bending, you could get those promos.

7 minutes ago, jconway2002 said:

As a new player, does this delux set replace the original notz, or do I need to buy both?

I'm guessing that you will want to get the core anyway, because there are player cards that are central to deck building. There are not going to be enough player cards in the redux to pick-up-and-play I don't think. It sounds like a lot of the cards are going to be leveled cards that already exist. You'll need lvl 0 cards to create a starting deck for your investigator. 

As far as the scenario goes, I'm not sure if you'll need some of the encounters from the core to run it or not. I think you probably would as I don't think they are reprinting all of the original encounters so that they more room for the new ones in the set.

This is mostly speculation though, I have not done the research, but it sounds right. Either way, you're likely going to want the core for the additional player cards.

On 5/19/2018 at 1:41 PM, jconway2002 said:

As a new player, does this delux set replace the original notz, or do I need to buy both?

From what we know, this does not replace the core.  It's got alternate scenarios, but you still need the core for player cards, and probably the encounter sets - I expect they'll reuse some of them just like every other campaign.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, jconway2002 said:

2 hours ago, Buhallin said:

It's got alternate scenarios, but you still need the core for player cards, and probably the encounter sets - I expect they'll reuse some of them just like every other campaign.

This is a very good point: you need, more than anything else out of the core set, the generic encounter sets.

The Rats, Ghouls, Striking Fear, Ancient Evils, Chilling Cold, Dark Cults, Nightgaunts, Locked Doors (and to a lesser extent Agents of Hastur, -Yog-Sothoth, -Shub-Niggurath, & -Cthulhu) are all used throughout every other scenario.  The Stand Alone Adventures, such as The Curse of the Rougarou, being the only ones that do not use them.

The Forgotten Age's first 2 scenarios use the Ancient Evils and Freezing Cold encounter sets respectively.  It is possible that there are scenarios that do not use a single core set encounter set, but they are the exception.  Similarly, you cannot play any Mythos pack without its corresponding Deluxe expansion.

Any Deluxe or Mythos pack scenario can be played as stand-alone mission, but you do need 1 Core set and the corresponding Deluxe to play it.

Edited by Duciris