VAYASAN

So, release date game....

9 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

Who can guess the release date?  Winner receives a years supply of Gungan Boomas!

Im going to be crazy and go with the 18th Jan that has been noted on a couple of sites (more likely to be Feb 14th though, day before I go on holiday) :D 

YOU CAN'T OUT CRAZY ME!  I SAY IT IS OUT IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS 2017!!!

The average travel time for a container vessel from Asia to the U.S. is between two weeks and a month. Documentation, customs clearance, handling and inland shipping can add 17 to 33 days to the total shipping time from most emerging market regions, and another 6 days once goods reach the United States.

Random google.

3 hours ago, Amanal said:

Pedro the FFG Logistics Division Lead will also add 0-5 months of time to this.

Wave 3 of Armada was on the boat so long it arrived at the same time as Wave 4 about 4-5 months late, and traveled at an average speed of some 8km a day.

mbcnxlf7iwiwoo0slew9.jpg

Unfortunately Pedro has since been turned into glue the new head of the division, Sid the sloth, assures all that the boats are travelling at breakneck speeds.

14 minutes ago, jrmypdgr said:

Someone on a legion facebook group posted a pic of the core set and all the launch expansions. Apparently some Australian retailers have received it all

You can't post that and no screens! No fair, lol. No FB for me at work 

15 minutes ago, jrmypdgr said:

Someone on a legion facebook group posted a pic of the core set and all the launch expansions. Apparently some Australian retailers have received it all

You aren't getting it mixed up with Star Wars: Legacies, being the most recent Destiny expansion?

21 hours ago, Wolfstan said:

Given that they are likely to be in the finishing stage and the product is no longer a surprise, it would be nice if FFG could actually give us some idea of release date.

I remember back in the ancient mists of time when FFG did give release dates... and they weren't worth the pixels they were displayed with. They got burnt so many times with failing to hit their dates and the complaints about them and they changed to just giving estimates based on quarters and then announcing "it's here" when they arrived in the States. Of course if you are not in the US (like myself) depending on the product this could be a couple of weeks after they had been released here, or a whole month or more before they arrived here.

Personally I would guess that they will be releasing in a few weeks. The articles suggest they expect to release it soon, as otherwise they are building up hype too early.

If I remember correctly, Australia is normally a few weeks behind US release for Armada. Maybe it's inverted now and the US will be behind on Legion. 

Regardless, I think this moves up the potential release date to late Jan/early Feb.

20 minutes ago, jrmypdgr said:

Just called Star Wars: Legion

That doesn't narrow it down enough, a search brings up 3-4 of those.

5 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

If I remember correctly, Australia is normally a few weeks behind US release for Armada. Maybe it's inverted now and the US will be behind on Legion. 

Regardless, I think this moves up the potential release date to late Jan/early Feb.

Xwing on the other hand has been hit and miss (which if i believe my flgs has more to do with the local distributors than the boats).  That said in this case that's an awful big surprise if true given the backlog customs would have built up over the holidays...........

And if it's instore and not pre release "event stock" (such as what you see at gencon), that pushes it to Friday week latest here.

Edited by Ralgon

Just seen an update from the store I ordered my stuff from (UK), who funnily enough is responding to some posting about the Aussies getting stock. He is saying that pre-orders have now closed, and this usually means he will get stock in a week or two. Fingers crossed then :) 

12 minutes ago, Wolfstan said:

Just seen an update from the store I ordered my stuff from (UK), who funnily enough is responding to some posting about the Aussies getting stock. He is saying that pre-orders have now closed, and this usually means he will get stock in a week or two. Fingers crossed then :) 

Can I ask who that is?