Shadow345

Will Raid ruin Armada?

3 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

And thus can potentially mean those Comms Net Flotillas are at speed 0 too, since they can’t be speeding up and sending tokens... unless they are specifically geared to do so with a points bloat...

Can you manage to cram in, say, both Interdictors for the big dead zone and a Cymoon to punish them for it really fast?  That's getting to be a lot of points for what's kind of a one-trick pony, but man, if you could make it work...

Posted (edited)

A good example of what I was talking about in the other thread.

In my opinion: Childish, Self-affirming, Discussion-destroying, Unnecessary, Makes-me-a-little-sad, Behavior-I-would-expect-from-my-little-boy...

I hope you are actually none of those things, for you.

Cheers

Edited by RapidReload

39 minutes ago, RapidReload said:

A good example of what I was talking about in the other thread.

In my opinion: Childish, Self-affirming, Discussion-destroying, Unnecessary, Makes-me-a-little-sad, Behavior-I-would-expect-from-my-little-boy...

I hope you are actually none of those things, for you.

Cheers

Well, for the record I appreciate your posts and their addition to discussion. I work with young children, have a high opinion of them, and don't mind being compared to one. Children's curiosity and approach to problem-solving can be amazing. 

10 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Why did you necro this? 

The trajectory of the thread is pretty interesting to watch, and I think the beginning stages of Armada players' responses to raid bear similarities to responses to pass tokens: some players were concerned it would be an NPE, other players took a "wait and see" response. 

Of course, new pass tokens may very well be an NPE. But they may not be. We don't know yet. That's my position. 

3 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Well, for the record I appreciate your posts and their addition to discussion. I work with young children, have a high opinion of them, and don't mind being compared to one. Children's curiosity and approach to problem-solving can be amazing. 

The trajectory of the thread is pretty interesting to watch, and I think the beginning stages of Armada players' responses to raid bear similarities to responses to pass tokens: some players were concerned it would be an NPE, other players took a "wait and see" response. 

Of course, new pass tokens may very well be an NPE. But they may not be. We don't know yet. That's my position. 

This is a rational train of thought that I appreciate and many others have also stated in the previous thread.

"New threat: pass tokens." is a simplification that, at the very least, aimed at being sarcastic - this I do not much appreciate.

I love children (...no, not like that -.-), but they can be quite mean.

3 minutes ago, RapidReload said:

This is a rational train of thought that I appreciate and many others have also stated in the previous thread.

"New threat: pass tokens." is a simplification that, at the very least, aimed at being sarcastic - this I do not much appreciate.

Thanks. I hope you don't think I'm trying to "shut down" discussion about pass tokens. I appreciate the discussion. I'm just skeptical of definitive statements about the one thing in the game we know least about. Predictions are okay, as long as it's clear that it's just a prediction. 

3 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Still a pointless necro.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RapidReload said:

His point is really just that you should wait and see the whole rule. This raid thread is an example of just how silly it is to make any kind of conclusions from partially revealed rules. In this thread, people predicted the raid mechanic would ruin the game. Instead, it turned out FFG was very reluctant to make such a mechanic very powerful, and we ended up with something that was just fine. Hardly the game killer predicted here. 

In the other thread, you said: 

I think Bail/SA/Pryce and my assumed pass token mechanic are drastic changes that allowed and potentially will allow for more problems to sprout up than they solved.

While you are hardly being the hyperbolic alarmist seen in this thread, you are making large conclusions based on very little overall information. It's not hard to see the similarities.

Edited by Truthiness

7 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Still a pointless necro.

I don't know, humor is a great coping mechanism in the face of the often frustrating community reaction to new ideas. 

Why is necromancy even frowned on? Giving life should be celebrated. It's the Necrophiles you have to watch out for.

WTEiu93.gif

m40cXd.gif