Garhelm

Terrain ?

8 minutes ago, JackD2204 said:

Nice!  I could never find out how to make this bunker.

LOL, well I can't say I had too much fun making this. It was a lot of hard work for my brain, trying to figure out all the measurements. It was very tedious and time consuming to build. Which is why I took a break from working on it and moved onto something funner like my AT-ST. ?

Question on terrain. How is water generally handled.  While I made my first stab at making terrain and it turned out ok, I did order some prepainted river pieces From Amazon because my attempts turned out poorly.   Should I also create some sort of bridge(s)?

Also I know we don't know the actual rule book yet, is things such as river that put down by segment or by all the river if placing terrain in an aleternating manner? Or would you have it preset on the board and the perhaps the bridge being the things people actually place?

Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, azavander said:

Question on terrain. How is water generally handled.  While I made my first stab at making terrain and it turned out ok, I did order some prepainted river pieces From Amazon because my attempts turned out poorly.   Should I also create some sort of bridge(s)?

Also I know we don't know the actual rule book yet, is things such as river that put down by segment or by all the river if placing terrain in an aleternating manner? Or would you have it preset on the board and the perhaps the bridge being the things people actually place?

Thanks in advance

There is actually a liquid material that you can place on anything, and after drying for 24 hours it appears to be water. Check this video out for more: Star Wars Imperial Assault Painting Guide Ep.35: The Rancor. Also, I would add a bridge just because it looks awesome, ;)

2 hours ago, JackD2204 said:

There is actually a liquid material that you can place on anything, and after drying for 24 hours it appears to be water. Check this video out for more: Star Wars Imperial Assault Painting Guide Ep.35: The Rancor. Also, I would add a bridge just because it looks awesome, ;)

thanks i will check it out, i used some 2 part stuff in the model section from Hobby Lobby, it looks pretty terrible.  Always learning

On 10-1-2018 at 10:14 PM, Bhunter46 said:

Here is a bunker I started. I haven't found the time to finish it yet.

ciuTCYW.jpg

Hey Bhunter46. That is an awesome looking bunker. May I ask about your measurements specifically? Im currently building the bunker and saw your idea on the foamboard so switched my plan but cant seem to get some angles right. 

It would be great if you could help and you will get a shoutout once our videos come up on Youtube. :) 

18 hours ago, Star Builds said:

Hey Bhunter46. That is an awesome looking bunker. May I ask about your measurements specifically? Im currently building the bunker and saw your idea on the foamboard so switched my plan but cant seem to get some angles right. 

It would be great if you could help and you will get a shoutout once our videos come up on Youtube. :) 

I added more information about my bunker here:

you can see the templates I made to figure out the angles. If you have more questions, let me know, and I'll do my best to help. ???

Hey guys, I figured i'd ask here instead of making a whole other thread...

I was making terrain out of paper towel/toilet paper roll card, including a fallen tree to use as cover. The thing is i'm not sure I made the fallen tree large/thick enough. It looks slightly lower than the barricades in the boxed set. How high does cover need to be for your units to get the cover bonus? I'm hoping I didn't frack up and now it can't even provide cover in the rules...I was surprised to find vader is 2 inches tall with his base. If thats so the tree would sit below his waistline.

I imagine that we will see an easy to understand rule for cover for OP. Otherwise I’d just discuss it with whomever you’re playing with before units are placed if there’s any question about what grants cover.

One of the GenCon demo videos made a comment about light vs heavy cover, with barricades being an example of heavy. Not sure what’s going to happen with this.

On 2-2-2018 at 5:04 AM, Rammstein117 said:

Hey guys, I figured i'd ask here instead of making a whole other thread...

I was making terrain out of paper towel/toilet paper roll card, including a fallen tree to use as cover. The thing is i'm not sure I made the fallen tree large/thick enough. It looks slightly lower than the barricades in the boxed set. How high does cover need to be for your units to get the cover bonus? I'm hoping I didn't frack up and now it can't even provide cover in the rules...I was surprised to find vader is 2 inches tall with his base. If thats so the tree would sit below his waistline.

Be sure to check our channel for terrain building tips and tricks. More content will follow soon. Also regarding the tree building parts ;) as well as an Ewok Village!

Https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCppHBYrn7KNRgZYF-6QzdRA