Garhelm

Terrain ?

So two questions

1) will there be officially FF terrain for legion or will it be for 3rd parties to make it ? 

2) if you could have any battle field from star wars what would you have ? (I think hoth is probably going to be cool to do a board for :) )

FFG will most likely not make terrain, so far it will be mike other miniatures games where you must make it yourself.

I personally want to make an endor map; (If I could have a legion of stormtroopers, scout troopers, and officers plus the at-st, that would be awesome, just like in ep. 6) Does anyone know how to make the bunker?

Apparently the starter kit comes with 8 barricades to use for cover. It seems reasonable to assume they'll make more or at the very least make the barricades available to buy outside of the starter kit. 

I would love to see a really well done Coruscant map with neon signs, bridge walkways and multiple levels. 

endor.jpg

A 3x6' FAT Mat which I purchased from a eStore in northern Australia and a whole mess of stuff that I found YouTube videos for. I have ordered a Woodland Scenics rock mold which I'll use to add a few templates with some hard cover. 

I also have an old X-Wing model that is a 1:72 scale, about 50% smaller than it should be. I think I may paint it up in a bronze effect and make it a "statue" of sorts.

BTW: That SculptaMold stuff is freakin' awesome, its basically paper pieces in a powder that turns to glue when you apply water. It is lightweight and strong, which makes it much better than anything I have tried previously.

20 hours ago, Garhelm said:

(I think hoth is probably going to be cool to do a board for :) )

I've done a ton of Hoth terrain lately.   I'm trying to make all my pieces modular though, so I can rearrange them to be other snowy worlds as well.   So that means I can be anything from Hoth, to Alderaan's Mountains, to Starkiller Base... or possibly even Crait maybe?    Though I'm not really thinking Crait very much. 

Here's a lot of my Hoth Terrain.

1 hour ago, Orcdruid said:

Your terrain doesn't really work for crait. That is salt not snow.

Right - but it's white.   My playmat is almost completely white - and while I think that it COULD work... I probably wouldn't want to do a straight up flat battle...  (Unless I had like crashed AT-M6's and various other 1st order ground vehicle debris).  

4 minutes ago, JackD2204 said:

If anyone is doing an endor bunker, I would love some inspiration!

There is a template somewhere for them. Print and trace on foam bard. ..voila

11 minutes ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

I have been working on a Lah'mu board (the planet where the erso family was hiding out at the beginning of rogue 1) but I am seriously considering switching to lothal.  I found a great method for making tall grass that would do great for the lothal grass lands.

Finish one? Then start the other? ?

10 minutes ago, Kojib said:

Finish one? Then start the other? ?

Maybe. I am having some trouble with the soil color for Lah'mu.  It is a rich dark soil and everything I have tried so far ends up looking like wet mud or just black.

Edited by devin.pike.1989
Typo

57 minutes ago, TheTerrainStudio - Shawn Morris said:

I have just completed an Endor Table complete with bunker. I don’t have pics that I can share (maxed out my sharing capabilities for the site), but maybe some could post one for you. 

I’ve seen your board on Facebook and YouTube.  Amazing and impressive.  

2 hours ago, devin.pike.1989 said:

Maybe. I am having some trouble with the soil color for Lah'mu.  It is a rich dark soil and everything I have tried so far ends up looking like wet mud or just black.

I’m inclined to think normal sand with a black wash? Or possibly I’ve seen asphalt/tarmac style sand in my local hobby shop before. Hard to make black sand not just look black.