Visovics

2 down, 1 to go...

11 minutes ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Indeed. FFG is just not very good at adequate buffing. They need to go back to Mr. Miyagi's Karate-Kid school. "wax on; wax off"

IMO they (FFG) completely goofed with setting the worth of a command token, all the way back in the Core set.

As a result Tarkin is hugely expensive. Same with Yularen, Raymus. And don't forget those Liasons, and the overpriced guys from wave 2.

But in wave 3/4 we got SFO and comms Net, which are the exact opposite. 

With Leia it's back to the same...so expensive.

I just hope Thrawn isn't too much at 32. 

1 minute ago, Green Knight said:

IMO they (FFG) completely goofed with setting the worth of a command token, all the way back in the Core set.

As a result Tarkin is hugely expensive. Same with Yularen, Raymus. And don't forget those Liasons, and the overpriced guys from wave 2.

But in wave 3/4 we got SFO and comms Net, which are the exact opposite. 

With Leia it's back to the same...so expensive.

I just hope Thrawn isn't too much at 32. 

I think the existence of comms net and SFO is the reason of the other things being overpriced. Remove them and you will find Tarkin not so bad. He was not during wave 2. He gave me my Midway fleet (triple Vic). But then flotillas came out with their cheap tokens and activation value. And he was gone for good.

4 hours ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

@xanderf has to buy 2 Chimaera expansions to run a a 3x VSD fleet.
= Profit!

Eh, I have no interest in the Mando fighters, I am guessing I can find someone who would trade my two squadrons for their two '7th fleet' titles so I can at least get 4 with only a single purchase...

10 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

That would be insanely good.

It would be Thrawn’s effect, but just one ship, for 6 turns, instead of three. 

While still having Thrawn. 3 commands for 1-3 turns? Yeah, a bit much

Edited by Church14

17 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

I think the existence of comms net and SFO is the reason of the other things being overpriced. Remove them and you will find Tarkin not so bad. He was not during wave 2. He gave me my Midway fleet (triple Vic). But then flotillas came out with their cheap tokens and activation value. And he was gone for good.

My experience is that the moment Motti hit the table, Tarkin was more or less retired as Imp commander.

17 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

My experience is that the moment Motti hit the table, Tarkin was more or less retired as Imp commander.

Well I never liked Motti. He seems incredibly boring to me. I think I used him even less than Konstantin. His best time with me was during Ackbar's Realm and he didn't help me. Tarkin with Rhyner and triple Vic did. 

46 minutes ago, Skullfett said:

Fantasy flight has made a lot of titles by themselves, this wouldn't be the last time i guess.

We already know the Sovereign is the other title or at least one of them if FFG decided to give us more this time. 

23 hours ago, xanderf said:

Eh, I have no interest in the Mando fighters, I am guessing I can find someone who would trade my two squadrons for their two '7th fleet' titles so I can at least get 4 with only a single purchase...

I'd take you up on that. My best friend is a huge Thrawn fan, and only wants to but the expansion for the model (he doesn't have time to get into Armada.) So he already offered to give me the cards etc. that come in the expansion. 

Already starting to play with the wave 7 toys on Fab's, but i have to concentrate on my upcoming fleet battle this Sunday.  Task Force Farseeker, commanded by Admiral Idiewell, will be defending the honor of the Rebel Alliance vs. the Emipre in a 900 point fleet/admiral/upgrades with 300 point fighter wing mega-brawl :D