GrandAdmiralCrunch

Chimaera Article online

18 hours ago, Green Knight said:

You exhaust a copy of the card on ANOTHER ship than the one being attacked.

I think most people are missing this point.  1 ISD and 3 Glad 1’s with the title can evaporate up to 3 damage a turn. 4 if you include a brace effect.  This is a huge thing against fleets that like to nibble away at large ships.

You know how B-wings love to ride an ISD’s nose?  Combined with the yet-unspoiled card that obstructs a hull zone, their effectiveness potentially goes way, way down.

Yes, it costs 20 points and there’s an opportunity cost - but I like that tank builds are getting more and more viable.

Edited by Maturin

7 minutes ago, Maturin said:

I think most people are missing this point.  1 ISD and 3 Glad 1’s with the title can evaporate up to 3 damage a turn. 4 if you include a brace effect.  This is a huge thing against fleets that like to nibble away at large ships.

You know how B-wings love to ride an ISD’s nose?  Combined with the yet-unspoiled card that obstructs a hull zone, their effectiveness potentially goes way, way down.

Yes, it costs 20 points and there’s an opportunity cost - but I like that tank builds are getting more and more viable.

I think it's going to work like TFA, where only 1 can get exhausted per attack. It would be quite effective though against fighters. 

19 minutes ago, draco193 said:

I think it's going to work like TFA, where only 1 can get exhausted per attack. It would be quite effective though against fighters. 

Agreed - which is why it’s best against fleets that nibble away with multiple attacks (ie MSU or squadrons).  Focus firing is key in Armada, and it’s rare to find a good fleet that relies entirely on one big attack per turn.

BTAvenger excepted, and even then this card can mean the difference between living or not.

10 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Agreed - which is why it’s best against fleets that nibble away with multiple attacks (ie MSU or squadrons).  Focus firing is key in Armada, and it’s rare to find a good fleet that relies entirely on one big attack per turn.

BTAvenger excepted, and even then this card can mean the difference between living or not.

Against squads is probably the only time. As I posted earlier us Rebels avoid ISD front arcs. The card is actually more useful to bolster Glads or even VSDs than ISDs.

39 minutes ago, Gallanteer said:

Against squads is probably the only time. As I posted earlier us Rebels avoid ISD front arcs. The card is actually more useful to bolster Glads or even VSDs than ISDs.

VSDs, yes.  That Glad front arc is so narrow that I don't really see it being used to protect the GSD itself, but rather to support one ISD or a couple of VSD tanks.  It would probably fit well in one of those ProjEx support battery ISD/GSD/GSD builds that used to show up on occasion around W4 timeframe.

Just now, ripper998 said:

So you do round up! I edited it originally cause I thought you round down (I had 9) Wow!

You only round down with the crit effect that halves it, and even then it's specified to round down, so ALWAYS round up :D

26 minutes ago, ripper998 said:

So you do round up! I edited it originally cause I thought you round down (I had 9) Wow!

The main issue is: is it worth using your support team upgrade slot for 1/8 more engineering points? Usually at that point I'd go with Projection Experts (for sharing the shields) or Engine Techs (for superior maneuverability). The Engineering Team is pretty legit when you're mostly planning on feeding the Interdictor repair tokens, though, because it produces 4 repair points a turn (3+1).