GrandAdmiralCrunch

Chimaera Article online

39 minutes ago, Valca said:

On their front arc only.  And only if you also invested in another expensive Star Destroyer that you keep at distance 4.

Also only if the enemy chooses to split fire between the two star destroyers rather than concentrate one down (meaning only 1 metric Derlin). 

7 hours ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Locking down te brace would be useless. You meant redirect maybe? 

I was referencing the suggestion of them having 4 blue battery and bomber, where there would be 3 damage with an acc as an actual big chance for each so locking brace down would be more hurtful I think

I'm looking forward to using Taskmaster Grint. Two uses spring to mind:

1. As an extra version of Expanded Hangar on carriers such as Quasars, ISD-1s and maybe even Gozanti-Vector. A Quasar-1 with Boosted Comms, Flight Controllers, Expanded Hangar Bay & Grint costs 74 points.
  2. On-board the Interdoctor. Bank a Nav token turn 1 then repair the rest of the game for 40 repair points. Interdictor Supression, Interdictor, Targeting Scrambler, Grav Shift, Projection experts, Grint costs 114 points.

7th fleet title seems a bit expensive paying say 15 points in a fleet to occasionally save you 1 point of damage. Veteran captains all round could do that with repair tokens.

Gauntlets are pricy, but compare them to a Firespray and they don't look too bad. 2 more points for an extra hull and point of speed. Bomber rule is swapped out for the Assault rule to give raid tokens.

Edited by Mad Cat

42 minutes ago, Formynder4 said:

Imperial Derlins, not metric.

The question, of course, is the conversion factor between Imperial Derlins (i.e. 7th Fleet Star Destroyer title) and metric Derlins (the run-of-the-mill Rebel unit).

We at the Imperial Institute of Standards and Technology (IIST) are already working on the proper definition of the unit of damage mitigation.

A triple VSD fleet would love the 7th fleet card. They roll slowly forward, eat the damage and annihilate everything.

Triple VSD +15pts of 7th Fleet
Author: Norell

Faction: Galactic Empire

Commander: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Assault Objective: Opening Salvo
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

Victory II-Class Star Destroyer (85 points)
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points)
-  Disposable Capacitors  ( 3  points)
-  Leading Shots  ( 4  points)
= 99 total ship cost

Victory II-Class Star Destroyer (85 points)
-  Taskmaster Grint  ( 5  points)
-  Disposable Capacitors  ( 3  points)
-  Leading Shots  ( 4  points)
= 104 total ship cost

[ flagship ] Victory I-Class Star Destroyer (73 points)
-  Grand Admiral Thrawn  ( 32  points)
-  Minister Tua  ( 2  points)
-  Electronic Countermeasures  ( 7  points)
-  External Racks  ( 3  points)
= 124 total ship cost

Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
-  Repair Crews  ( 4  points)
= 27 total ship cost

1 Ciena Ree ( 17 points)
1 Valen Rudor ( 13 points)

Card view link

7th fleet :
It's not easy, bordering on impossible, to always have your front shield attacked, especially vs a competent opponent. A lot of conditionals on this card, and one that almost always is for top-tier titles:

• Demolisher
  • Avenger

Don't see it being used much in competitive play.

Problem comes when the enemy focuses their fire at a single VSD in the triple-Vic fleet at a time. Then you are paying 15 points for one Metric Derlin per turn.

Getting out of the front arc of a VSD isn't too difficult, either.

I feel like this title should have been 3 points.

Edited by Democratus

4 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

1xY metric Derlins where Y is the number of anti squadron attacks. Probably 4-5 metric Derlins a turn. Ciena Ree, in contrast is only 1xY Imperial Derlins.

Stronghold is also 1xY of Imperial Derlins but with limitations and a larger aoD(area of Derlin) than Ciena

Edit: at this point we are talking concentration of Derlins. Ciena and Derlin are only 1mol/Derlin, while 7th fleet, GH and Stronghold are xmol/Derlin where x is the amount of ships/squads affected

Edited by Visovics

1 hour ago, Democratus said:

Problem comes when the enemy focuses their fire at a single VSD in the triple-Vic fleet at a time. Then you are paying 15 points for one Metric Derlin per turn.

You exhaust a copy of the card on ANOTHER ship than the one being attacked.

17 hours ago, Democratus said:

Considering the title opportunity cost, the front arc restriction, and the fact that taking two ISD's is already very expensive, the card should have been zero or one point...

This card and Mon cal exodus strike me more as something you would add to your correllian campaign fleet to give it flavor, again recognizing that in doing so you are forgoing better upgrades and titles purely for flavoring. AND THAT'S OK. Just don't throw a tantrum when this card doesn't do anything, because that is going to happen a lot. ?

Just realized with taskmaster and engineering teams the interdictor will have 8 engineering points a turn.  Throw Thrawn in the mix to give you other commands or commas net flots and that is a tanky SOB

Edited by ripper998

2 minutes ago, ripper998 said:

Just realized with taskmaster and engineering teams the interdictor will have 9 engineering points a turn.  Throw Thrawn in the mix to give you other commands or commas net flots and that is a tanky SOB

I'm always torn between shield projectors and engineering teams. Do you protect yourself or lend a hand to the team?

Either way you're a 'dic. :D

26 minutes ago, Democratus said:

I'm always torn between shield projectors and engineering teams. Do you protect yourself or lend a hand to the team?

Either way you're a 'dic. :D

If it's the flag, protect yourself. If it isn't the flag, lend a hand (to the flag).