GrandAdmiralCrunch

Chimaera Article online

1 hour ago, Ophion said:

Good preview.

The gauntlets effect i think is most dangerous to yavaris unless he is reikan.

Still lots of stuff for this wave unspoiled which is good.

What does Rieekan do to thwart raid tokens? Without a way to remove them Yavaris isn't doing much, alive or dead.

22cfr4.jpg

Edited by The Jabbawookie

6 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

What does Rieekan do to thwart raid tokens? Without a way to remove them Yavaris isn't doing much, alive or dead.

22cfr4.jpg

Assuming there is a mechanic to clear it most ships will be ok.

But yavaris wants to activate asap if its in position to attack otherwise its going to get blown up. So it may not be able to wait for whatever the clearance mechanism is to work.

I enjoyed the article, but it really added a lot less than I'd hoped for.  I still want to know what Early Warning Radar does!

New Imperial Officer:  I like him.  Great stuff.

7th Fleet:  I'm still not entirely impressed, much like the Rebel equivalent in the earlier preview.  This one is probably better than the Rebel version though.  Although they get expensive fast, there is possibly an argument for going to 3-4 of these in a fleet, because you're much more likely to keep them going over the course of the game and much more likely to get them to trigger enough to repay the number of points invested.  There's also quite possibly an argument for starting to combine them with Motti, Engineering commands, and STM to keep up that stability.

Mandolarian Gauntlet Fighter:  There's surely a way to get rid of Raid tokens.  It isn't going to be insanely good for the cost, and that's probably going to keep its niche pretty low.  Other than the Raid ability, it is really expensive for the points.

The more I look at the 7th Fleet title the more sad it makes me. Minimum 10pts for one-two (in reason) shipd per turn to be able to reduce an attack damage in one arc...when Chimaera and STM exist and restores one damage to ALL ships every turn.

Don't even get me started on Bright Hope or Derlin...  

The Gauntlet fighters are interesting, I think they found a good spot for the balance, even if the anti-fighter is super sad on them.  Love tge ability thematically. Go give ships a bad case if the Mandos.

16 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

swm29_seventh_fleet_card.png

Whoever suggested that it would be Star Destroyer only was right on the money. 

tumblr_mxgjzqfFPo1qm3k33o1_500.gif

16 hours ago, Visovics said:

At that point they become ultra ship-killers *_*

A squall with EHB and AFFM on a cymoon basically can throw 5 of them with speed (7 kinda) and throwing a whooping 20 dice with basically guaranteed damage, and likely with an accuracy locking down a brace. It’s monstruous and as much as our emperor would be glad, I think it wouldn’t be healthy for the game

Locking down te brace would be useless. You meant redirect maybe? 

11 hours ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

I think it was me. I'll go back and check. 

On 4/1/2018 at 10:19 AM, ovinomanc3r said:

Hmmm...

Seventh Fleet: ISD or SD only?

On 4/1/2018 at 3:15 PM, ovinomanc3r said:

Will it have? Or maybe something like Exodus fleet? Something like Star Destroyers Only.

On 4/1/2018 at 3:20 PM, ovinomanc3r said:

Mc30 are included under MC designation so why not Glads? It seems a possibility to me as long as star destroyer has been removed from every other imperial ship name since wave 2.

Sadly @Ginkapo theory cannot be proved until the next FAQ. 

However I offer myself to help and I will ask the devs if necessary. Also encouraging everyone else to do the same. If @Lyraeus got his doubt about deployment solved why not Gink?

I would like read "Ackbar's MC30 are not Star Destroyers" in the new FAQ. It would proof some sense of humor from devs. :D

Edited by ovinomanc3r

11 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Well if Glads or Vics are excluded in the FAQ I'll be right. 

Interestingly the card art only shows the I's, II's, Cymoons, and Kuats. 

How you would argue ISD are the only allowed based on rules? 

What makes an ISD a Star Destroyer? 

7 hours ago, AtomicFryingPan said:

Just to be clear you can't have a normal title like avenger or chimera and 7th fleet on the same ship right?

in this case, even with the prevailing  assumption, I am personally not sure if they are extra. I think thematically you should be allowed to still have Chim or H1, since they are integral parts / flagships of their respective fleets, not extra ships.

Youd still have to invest a lot to have their benefits...and tailor the rest of the fleet.

I am unsure how FFG planned this, and likely as most assume, but support additional, not exclusive. 

9 hours ago, Alzer said:

The more I look at the 7th Fleet title the more sad it makes me. Minimum 10pts for one-two (in reason) shipd per turn to be able to reduce an attack damage in one arc...when Chimaera and STM exist and restores one damage to ALL ships every turn.

Don't even get me started on Bright Hope or Derlin...  

You can take a Cymoon with StM and have both at the same time.

Bright Hope is limited to flotillas and Derlin is 7 points. For 10 points, Star Destroyers can get two Derlins. 

3 minutes ago, svelok said:

You can take a Cymoon with StM and have both at the same time.

Bright Hope is limited to flotillas and Derlin is 7 points. For 10 points, Star Destroyers can get two Derlins. 

On their front arc only.  And only if you also invested in another expensive Star Destroyer that you keep at distance 4.