Wiredin

The mountain you die on

What are the ships/upgrades you love so much that you always try to make work no matter what, no matter how bad they are in the meta, no matter how hard they die?

I have 2 ships:

A-Wing, HWK-290 (Specifically Jan), U-Wing, Wedge

upgrades:

Snap Shot 

Every other meta cycle I seem to be able to be pretty competitive with my A-Wings. However since the intro of Nym and trajectory bombing nym. and super accurate harpoons... A-Wings just are too fragile. However... 3/4 of my rebel lists of late have had Jan Ors this cycle. 

at least Wedge is somewhat viable right now lol

Edited by Wiredin

Echo.  Man I love flying a Phantom but holy crap to they vaporize at the drop of a hat. 

Same with the Strikers!  And now Blackout in the silencer.  I already have 2 silencers, aiming for 3 here soon.  And I'll just keep trying. 

Waiting to get a FO version of a Phantom!

I finally climbed off the Imperial Firespray mountain.  I do try to fly a Punisher every now and again.  I'm also missing one of my old favorites: Epsilon Ace.  I ought to put them back on the table now that Advanced Optics is out there.

For upgrades, I have a fascination with Ion Pulse Missiles, but I never seem to fly them too much.  I also fell in love with Wired early, (and have this dream of Wired/Gonk/Experimental Interface) but so far I've mostly stayed on in the lower foothills.

32 minutes ago, BlodVargarna said:

Triple T-70s. 

Have you tried flying 4 T-70s, or 2x T-70 and some other third ship?

1 minute ago, Innese said:

U-wing. Flew a Dash Cassian combo the other day and went 2-2 in a tournament full of regional winners & worlds top 16s, so I can’t complain.

U-wing is the ship I love to fly. When the ship first came out I won several smaller tournaments with a biggs, keyan, cassian list and with 4 pathfinders w/ fcs. 

9 minutes ago, Innese said:

U-wing. Flew a Dash Cassian combo the other day and went 2-2 in a tournament full of regional winners & worlds top 16s, so I can’t complain.

I love the U-Wing. I've gone 3/2 in a tournament with it and Rey. The Cassian build I fly is actually "concerning" to a lot of opponents, which is hilarious. Someone else posted it first... but it's expert handling, experimental interface, title, adv.sensors, kyle kartan, and inspiring recruit. Nothing says fun like a 3 focus barrel rolling U-Wing! 

Edited by Wiredin

Tie Bombers. They just aren't good, even with a Veterans treatment. Gunboats are far superior ordnance platform and the Imperials don't have a bombing crew so they bomb the worst.

Edited by Jo Jo

25 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

I love the U-Wing. I've gone 3/2 in a tournament with it and Rey. The Cassian build I fly is actually "concerning" to a lot of opponents, which is hilarious. Someone else posted it first... but it's expert handling, experimental interface, title, adv.sensors, kyle kartan, and inspiring recruit. Nothing says fun like a 3 focus barrel rolling U-Wing! 

That sounds sooooo janky, I love it! Gotta try that.

My mountain is now and always shall be Krassis. Imp Firespray FTW! Also Punishers... just think, someday there will be a proper fix, and then who's gonna be laughing, eh?!  :-p

Enjoyed messing around with Intensity Jake and Kyle Katarn combo. It's not something I'll "die on a mountain top" for, but I'll attempt to put it on the table against anything and make you experience it.