Sign in to follow this  
blackholexan

Balance of the Force predictions

Hi guys!

Do you think there will be changes to this section of the rules with the Legacies update?

I don't need/want them, of course. The following are just speculations.

Poe(2PG): +1pt (it would be fair, maybe even fairer to the Evil side, as they did that on Phasma)

Fn2199: +1pt instead of +2pt (the change to replace rule and the points cost increase made him disappear completely out of the meta)

Unkar: +1pt instead of +2pt (the points cost increase made him disappear completely out of the meta)

Furthermore: Do you think there will be buffs (= points cost decrease) ever?

I would like to see point reductions on most generic characters. A number of named characters coming out have built in passive abilities that make them a more obvious choice. 

Also from a theme point of view the nameless should be more in number and expendable.

Changing text on cards is their last resort, so no, we won't see any of the pathetic characters getting buffed, ever. Instead we will see them redone in later sets. Sadly once they are printed, they are printed. They already have the new rules update for Legacies in place. I don't expect any pt changes for a while at least until the broken characters in the new set become clear.

I would be incredibly surprised to see any price decreases. Errata is bad in general, and improving characters gives no real benefit to FFG. Nerfing overpowered characters keeps people playing the game, and releasing improved versions of bad characters keeps people buying it.