4 hours ago, Tokra said:

I can try it. But i am GA on our local CC campaign as well. I only hope i do not mix these two up :P

The way I read Alex's post is he can do it but will need you to do the planet selection stage.

(He doesnt realise thats what he wanted) 

Just now, Darth Veggie said:

Ohoh, we rebels are already on the retreat! :D

Absolutely, full scale retreat, we are completely broken. I sure hope nobody is going to over extend themselves to finish our rebellion off before it has begun.

Ackbar, say anything and you go in the fryer.

On 1/29/2018 at 12:59 AM, Darth Veggie said:

Hyperlane Raids: I really like the idea of adding some "transporters". I assume they cannot change course or speed in order to lurk in the defenders deployment zone, and they cannot attack. But some questions I have: Do they increase deployment or activation for the defender? If they do, that seems to me to make Hyperlane Raid worse for the attacker compared to Show of Force. Otherwise, great house rule! Then we simply need the precise wording for it.
@Dr alex@Tokra

The transporters are added to the Rebel deployments, but the Imperial player actually places them. This achieves the minimum Recommended Daily Allowance of evil in rules writing.

In the OAW (objective as written), blowing up an objective ship gets the Rebels the VPs for that ship as well, plus the cost to the Empire of repairing it. How do the transporters fit in?

Some alternate text, ignoring transporters (some unchanged parts are missing):

The first player gains 2 victory tokens for each objective token that cannot be assigned.

When a ship or squadron with an objective token is destroyed, the first player gains 2 victory tokens.

At the end if round 3, the Rebel player gains one victory token for each Imperial ship or squadron with an objective token still in the Imperial deployment zone.

At the end of the game, the Rebel player gains two victory tokens for each Imperial ship or squadron with an objective token still in the Imperial deployment zone and one victory token for each Imperial ship or squadron with an objective token outside of both deployment zones.

The first player's team gains 10 resource points per victory token he gained. The winner's team also gains 40 resource points.

Victory token: 10 pts.

If the Imperials try to turtle, the Rebels can gain 120 points of resources even if they don't win the game. With 120 VPs from the tokens, they'll probably win as well. If the Empire just gets all of the objective ships blown up, that's only 80 resources and VPs, which is better for them. Of course, there's the cost of the objective ships that get blown up ...

I suspect that the design intent was to force the Rebels to swoop in and raid the "convoy" instead of just waiting for it to come to them. The balance just didn't quite work out right.

Looking at fleets now.

Trying very hard not to be too extreme. Gozanti at a minimum. Using ships/versions not commonly seen. Mixing unique and generic squads.

Also, "generic" uniques that are available to both sides... it makes sense if each side can take a copy. Otherwise SA, Hondo, Fleet Commands etc. only become silly.

Edited by Green Knight

32 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Looking at fleets now.

Trying very hard not to be too extreme. Gozanti at a minimum. Using ships/versions not commonly seem. Mixing unique and generic squads.

Also, "generic" uniques that are available to both sides... it makes sense if each side can take a copy. Otherwise SA, Hondo, Fleet Commands etc. only become silly.

I agree, but what about SA? One per fleet or per team? 

I was so eager to start this campaign as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I have to say that circumstances have changed. Against all expectations (apart from @Green Knight's) I have made it into the elimination rounds of the VWC (thanks to my ally in @Dr alex household). Now I am quite happy, if it takes one or two weeks until we start (then I will be kicked out by Roquax, or maybe by @GhostofNobodyInParticular, if I find also an ally in Roquax' household).

BUT I am still so eager to start. So, at least instead of the real stuff: Grand Admiral @BrobaFett, could the ironing out of rules start/continue?  Even more important, Grand Admiral @Tokra, could our team already address fleet building (in private)?  I have already built 5 or 6 fleets and cannot decide! :o

P.S.: I have mangaged to sneak all our players into this post :D (except @Darth Veggie; but how stupid is tagging oneself?) ;)

Edited by Darth Veggie

7 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

Need @Darth Veggie to respond to my rule pm, once that is hammered out i think we are good.

Maybe it is better to do that not as pm. I don't want anybody to be excluded from it - especially considering that I am not even the rebel GA. Also to consider: If more eyes have a look on the  discussion maybe a bug in our drafts that slips our attention will be detected by someone else.

Edited by Darth Veggie

Sorry thought you were GA and GK essentially wanted me to hammer it out. As they say...eaf4f1b4e46bcc77c517a4b4916690ce0b3fe2f2

But Ill go ahead and copy my stuff here see what everyone thinks. I hope its enough to switch up planet selection and still keeo the rules relatively close to RAW for balance issues.

House Rules:

-Gentlemans agreement on flotillas. Don't spam them.

-No special assaults or base assaults r1.

-Imperial player may deploy 2 Gozanti beyond distance 3 of his board edge which must move directly forward speed 1 all game. They have 10 hull. Scoring rules changed to same as Show of Force. Game is still setup on a sideways map and setup rules apply.

-Diplomats may block assaults on one planet. That planet may only be attacked if the diplomat protection moves somewhere else or the diplomat planet is captured/destroyed.

-Skilled spacers may choose one unoccupied planet at the beginning of the refit phase and gain either half that planets resource points, rounded down or access to it's special ability for the round. So situationally they can either be a "come from behind" upgrade tool, or a shipyard, spynet, or diplomat if they are available.

I like this fix for skilled spacers cause A. It's thematic, it represents skilled civilians working (by force or free will) for your cause behind the scenes. and B. It adds risk to the pick order. Skilled spacers are very strong, but are more and more limited as the game progresses and factions ****** up planets with abilities. So taking skilled spacers gives a big boost early, but could fade to nothing depending on final map state, leaving you holding a planet that doesn't give much benefit.

-I vote spynet and yards stay the same. They are the "baseline" we are tweaking the others off of, if we boost them, they just remain the most powerful.

And I am good with that being the extent of our house rules. I would love something that makes uniques more risky cause I would love to have a reason to take generic tie fighters, but it's just too sticky from a balance point.

43 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

Sorry thought you were GA and GK essentially wanted me to hammer it out. As they say...eaf4f1b4e46bcc77c517a4b4916690ce0b3fe2f2

-Imperial player may deploy 2 Gozanti beyond distance 3 of his board edge which must move directly forward speed 1 all game. They have 10 hull. Scoring rules changed to same as Show of Force. Game is still setup on a sideways map and setup rules apply.

Speed 1 means they will never cross the zone...

If you want, I can make some custom freighters to use with this objective. Could be cool.

3 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Speed 1 means they will never cross the zone...

If you want, I can make some custom freighters to use with this objective. Could be cool.

They wouldnt have to since all the scoring rules would be changed. It would be a true hyperlane assault, imperials would have 2 objective ships slowly marching forward they would simply have to protect.

Scoring same as show of force, 40 res/vp to the rebels for each one that goes down, 40 for winning to whichever team wins.

4 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

-Skilled spacers may choose one unoccupied planet at the beginning of the refit phase and gain either half that planets resource points, rounded down or access to it's special ability for the round. So situationally they can either be a "come from behind" upgrade tool, or a shipyard, spynet, or diplomat if they are available.

Sounds wonky, but lets try it.

Conversation is boring, playing is fun.

27 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Sounds wonky, but lets try it.

Conversation is boring, playing is fun.

I agree. Was REALLY trying to get this going.

And difficulty can be adjusted by how far forward they have to be. Figured since they are moving forward it shouldnt be right on the deploy line. 

Edited by BrobaFett

8 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

I agree. Was REALLY trying to get this going.

And difficulty can be adjusted by how far forward they have to be. Figured since they are moving forward it shouldnt be right on the deploy line. 

Not that one.

The spacers.

But as Solo put it "Boring Conversation Anyway"