5 hours ago, Dr alex said:

I can do most evenings from about 8pm GMT, however that is under the sufferance of a very pregnant girlfriend so is subject to change at little notice

That means that we have the most substantial clash between Dr alex and @GhostofNobodyInParticular. They overlap only 1 hour. Ghost, is there some further room for you on Fridays?

@Green Knight: What about you?

It seems that Friday next week (June 22)  is our strongest candidate by now. Our availability is (all times are GMT):

@GhostofNobodyInParticular: 11AM till 9 PM (maybe even later)

@Tokra: 4PM till 11 PM

@BrobaFett: 2 PM till 12 AM

@Dr alex: 8pm till ?

@Darth Veggie: 4 PM till really late

@Green Knight: ?

That means the earliest we could start would be 4PM (because earlier there are no rebels, but merely imps there ☺️). From 8PM on we would be complete (depending on GK).

The end would be 9PM or 11PM.

That means, if we say we play only if everybody is there, we have one hour time (8PM till 9 PM). Which is not enough.

My proposal is to play, even if one player per team is missing. That would give us a time frame from 4 PM to at least 9PM, maybe even later. Depending on the specific availability of GNiP and GK. This would be a time window of 5+ hours (maybe even 7 hours) - which should be enough. Any thoughts on that?

This Friday is not looking great for me, though if it works for everyone else play without me and I might be able to drop in about 9pm gmt and find you’ve already killed all my beautiful MC30s

This friday is fine for me, though ill have to leave closer to 11pm.

Note:

The AOA can drag substantially because analysis paralysis is multiplied by 3. 

I've seen deployment and turn 1 consistently taking 2 hours each as we figure out what the heck our plans are and try a million different placements. 

This was why in the previous vassal cc we handled the AOA by using a random number generator to randomly pair admirals on each of the turns. The admiral for each respective turn would then schedule a time where they could play with the opposing team's randomly selected admiral. If other teammates were on, that was great, and they could contribute help, suggestions, whatever to the GA. But if no one else from the team was available, the game would still progress normally. 

Its not the same as all of us sitting together and playing it out, but it is a way to get it done in a way adapted for the internet that helps cut down overall length and scheduling issues of people from multiple countries and continents and walks of life.

Whoever had words with my Girlfriend thank you. She miraculously decided that she and our daughter would go to her mother’s for a sleep over tomorrow to help prepare our daughter for when she goes into Labour. This means I can do tomorrow from about 6pm to whenever!

17 hours ago, Dr alex said:

Whoever had words with my Girlfriend thank you. She miraculously decided that she and our daughter would go to her mother’s for a sleep over tomorrow to help prepare our daughter for when she goes into Labour. This means I can do tomorrow from about 6pm to whenever!

I am not sure whether we have an agreement to play today. Neither @Tokra nor @Green Knight have replied. However, I will be online anyway. If we get enough players, we can start!

@GhostofNobodyInParticular, @BrobaFett will anyone of you today be present?

Edit: In order to speed things up. What about a Gentlemen's agreement that there will be no private communication. Only the public chat will be used. This might cut down eternal tactical dialogues hidden in private channels (Tokra and I would also have to refrain from talking in German in the public channel of course ?).

If we are not enough people, I am also happy with some regular pew pew! ?

Edited by Darth Veggie

4 minutes ago, Dr alex said:

Yep, I looked and thought that might be the wrong spelling...

While my browser automatically spellchecks, the best addition ever would be an automatic pop-up for commonly-confused words showing brief definitions. My English teacher mother called them "Spelling Demons."

MS Word's grammar checker does a fairly good job on a lot of things (and is very bad in some areas), but I don't know why it doesn't do something along these lines. I think Grammarly might have this feature.

Hmmm, looks as though there's a free Grammarly plug-in for Firefox.  Probably need to study the T&Cs and Privacy Policy.