Corellia liberated

The citizens of Corellia rejoyce tonight as the evil galactic empire is forced to retreat by the galant rebel alliance. All hail our benign overlords.

So I beat @GhostofNobodyInParticular 106-101. GNIP picked ion cannon as base defence, which I was  able to move away with my VCXs and rush past at speed. Admonition ballsed up taking out a gladiator which in turn meant that the rest of my attack mis-fired as they needed to take down the very damaged gladiator. one of my corvettes did the job, dying in return to a shot from another gladiator (eventually). my squads killed 2 defenders, but ciena anda defender killed wedge and a vcx and dutch got shot down by a gladiator's aa.

It was very close in the end but the rebels were triumphant.

Logs unfortunately were affected by multiple disconnects and I missed off the end, though basically nothing happened at that point other than the squads dying.

scarred:

rebels - 1 CR90, wedge, dutch, 1 VCX

Imperials - gladiator, 2x defenders

veteran:

imerials - gladiator

rebels - everything which killed something died, again. gah

logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14yYD0eDyJ8vVlT4jUUQzcpHPsiL4iW6L

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oyEA7194iMP9brPlhzen77x7Be_cCP-8

Lord Vader clashes with Admiral It's a Carp over Corfai.

After some maneuvering, Demo pops a cr90 trying to block like a flotilla.

Mc30 and ISD face off across a dust field...and the mc30 has an awkward concentrate fire, rather than nav. End result: scarred mc30.

Another cr90 bites the dust, after some rear arc external racks, combined with cymoon side boosted by quads.

Instigator and squads do fairly good work. My squads die, but at least they force enemy squads to eat flak to kill them.

Instigator nearly lives after some creative maneuvering, until evil Corran pops it with a structural...sad day.

Home one goes to lightspeed, leaving Corfai on imperial hands.

4 hours ago, Darth Veggie said:

Any progress here? 

Imps build a base at Corfai. I assume rebel presence at Corellia.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tupl6fpZifWgd7FIvcuzsP-EQU-wFfkxcpIjsPR9oX8/edit?usp=sharing

(this is status start of r5, so for income r4 you have to remove the new presence/base)

Edited by Green Knight

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

Imps build a base ar Corfai. I assume rebel presence at Corellia.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tupl6fpZifWgd7FIvcuzsP-EQU-wFfkxcpIjsPR9oX8/edit?usp=sharing

(this is status start of r5, so for income r4 you have to remove the new presence/base)

Yes on the presence on Corellia.

17 minutes ago, GhostofNobodyInParticular said:

It's not so much that I would like one (though that'd be nice), but that I thought a team needed a minimum of 8 points, so that neither team can declare it this turn anyway.

That's correct.

The idea from @Tokra is that nothing much will change anyway, so might as well do it now: we'll all be at 500, with pts in the bank next round too.

Well, what is the difference in the next round? Or what does it change? We are all fully repaired. Everyone has a few points banked.

The next round might be 3 base attacks or not. No matter what way, one side will be over 8 points and call the all out fight (at least we will, after all this is why we are all doing this :P).
The worst that could happen is that one fleet get fully wiped out, and has to go in with a few scarred ships in the last, final, battle. But thats it. The fleets will still remain the same.

My idea would be to do it now, and save us one round. A round that has no effect anymore. Unless someone want to rebuild his fleet way more than he can right now, and need another round.

We just need to agree if we can do the all out now.

Another round is IMO close to completly pointless. After next round at least one team will be able to declare, maybe both. Because of that each player will play quite conservatively in order to have an unscarred 500pt fleet for the AoA. And if a player does not want to lose more than he can repair, it is really difficult to get him there. The only difference might be one or two veterans more - in total. Hence, it is more likely that if we play another round, 6 people will have to play another game and maybe only one or two might really have a relevant outcome by that (and even then merely a small one).

Of course, there is a point for still having further rounds: From my experience it is a drawback to declare the AoA. Because first player advantage is mitigated a lot by those enormous fleets, but the second player advantage of bringing in reinforcements after the first player team is huge (as we now all now from Raddus-experience). Hence, if we continue one team might threaten to reach the 12 Victory Points level and thereby forcing the other team to declare and bite the bullet of being first player. IMO this is the mechanism the entire victory conditions of the campaign are designed around. However, it poses the threat in having no AoA at all, because our team will clearly reach 12 VP before the imps get close to 8 VP :P Just kidding. But the point is, this mechanism is not really ideal, because we all want the AoA, right? Hence, we can drop it and having instant AoA!

(By the way, have I mentioned a mod which is free of this not so ideal mechanism? ;) Not that it is of any help in our current situation...)

Edited by Darth Veggie