9 hours ago, Dr alex said:

This is what happens when 6 super competitive players try to follow a vague rule like ‘make non-competitive lists’, what each of us thinks of as janky non-competitiveness is so different that it causes ill feeling, add into that the competitiveness makes us then turn them into nasty fleets. 

I think a much better and more entertaining way to force ‘fun fleets’ in future would be to have the rebels design 3 imperial fleets and imperials design 3 rebel fleets. Hey presto you end up with the Tagge/Konstantine/Tarkin axis taking on the Garm(MSU)/Mothma(AFMK2s)/raddus(also msu) rebel alliance.

no upgrades that don’t actually work, so no Cracken peltas, once it’s your fleet it is yours, you can do what you want with it but no admiral swapping.

now that would be fun and silly

Since I've been following this and kibbitzing endlessly, I volunteer to build the fleets for follow-on campaign.

I'm not actually good at it, but I wouldn't say that I'm actively bad ...

• Each player may request either:
    • A fleet archetype
      --or--
      • Two specific ships or squadrons
        --and--
      • Two specific upgrade cards (but not which ship they go on)
  • Each player decides on repairs each round
  • Players decide how many points to use for fleet expansion. Each player may request:
    • One specific upgrade for one specific ship
    • Two upgrade cards
    • Various combinations of squadrons:
      • 40 points of generic squadrons
      • 30 points of unique squadrons
      • One unique squadron and 25 points of generic squadrons
    • Any leftover points go back in that player's account.

Finally, I'd suggest that I simply write any modified rules. Each player may submit one "major" modification or two "minor" modifications. Definition of "major" and "minor" at my discretion. What gets adopted at my discretion.

Please do not protest or reject this.

I will provide my address to anyone wishing to mail bombs or harmful biological agents.

"Incoming fleet, this is the imperial command on Tralus. Identify yourself!" 

"This is Commander Sato of the Rebel alliance. I come with the highest Aspiration. My tranporters have a Wide-Area of goods on board which will bring you Salvation!"

(regular assault) 

4 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

Sloane assaults the Raiders point Nebula.

I think there is someone who does not like this. He is called Rackny.

Rackny Zisst. A simple farmer from Drall. Born in the city Epselon. He was elected as abasator for his machine planet two years ago. And currently he is visiting Raiders Point to keep away the dark shadows that spread in our galaxy.

On 7.3.2018 at 11:22 PM, Tokra said:

The Rebel Diplomat feels so well on Raider's Points. He just increased his stay by a few more days.

After a nice wellness weekend the rebel admirals came back refreshed. All Scars were removed and some of them even got a face lifting (but we will not tell who. Little hint, the person has an "a" in the name :rolleyes:).

Mon Mothma

Sato, Veteran: Han, Tycho, Hammerhead 1, Ketsu

Ackbar, Veteran: MC30, Shara, Corran

I really have to stop to post in cryptic sentence :D

4 minutes ago, elbmc1969 said:

Is this a portmanteau of "abatoir" and "tergivisator?" That sounds pretty Imperial to me ...

As i said. I need to stop to write in cryptic words. And especially to write wrong ;). It was ambassador that i wanted to say.

Draal. Epsilon V, great machine. God, i feel old now when B5 hints do not jump direct into the eye :D

1 minute ago, Tokra said:

Draal. Epsilon V, great machine. God, i feel old now when B5 hints do not jump direct into the eye :D

Ah. Never watched B5. Sort of staying intentionally ignorant. Spent a year without ever hearing "Happy." My life was worse when I finally did  :)

I know, some folks swear by B5. And I know and have worked with the guy who was the main developer, and one of the chief playtesters, for GROPOS.

OK, enough being completely off-topic.

20 minutes ago, elbmc1969 said:

Have the fleets grown too fast?

Any problems cropping up with the standard parts of the rules (not the house rules).

Mostly we've been careful, taken light losses. Then we both scored extra on special assaults r2.

10 minutes ago, elbmc1969 said:

Yes ... but would you say that the growth has been too fast? Everybody but Mon Mothma is at 500 ... Not sure what the Rebel totals were for R2.

It was less fast in a way, bc special assaults were banned r1. Plus we banned base building after special assaults.

But still very fast.

51 minutes ago, Tokra said:

I hope you found out who the spy is. If not it will be a bad surprise for Thrawn who is sitting over Aurea. As you can see our intel is perfect :P

One cannot have perfect Intel. Especially if it's a lowly HWK. 

Thrawn doesn't need to know who the spy is. It doesn't matter. 'All is proceeding as I have fore' - wait, wrong guy, and it never went well when he said that. . .