Sign in to follow this  
ddbrown30

Why do some location cards not have a lock icon?

It's a design decision (or oversight), and in my opinion a very poor one. There is no benefit or purpose for lacking this icon. I should not have to spoil a card for myself to put it in play.

Edited by Meretrix

27 minutes ago, Network57 said:

Gotta just be an oversight. There's nothing special about those locations for Why they wouldn't.

What is special about these locations (and Faculty Offices from Extracurricular Activity) is that they have subtitles underneath the location title where the keyhole normally would be. So instead of adding a keyhole underneath they opted to just leave it out unfortunately.

Edited by Meretrix

Yeah the subtitle clashes with the lock symbol, so the lock is removed. I think it's because for the faculty offices, you want to pick the correct one, depending on the order you approach Dunwich. But I've pondered it before too. Not the most elegant, but understandable. 

And it's not like you can't determine the proper side very easily. The shroud and clue amount values are easy to spot as a design feature before you read any of the text. I'm just careful when putting scenarios away so the unrevealed side is always facing front.