Sign in to follow this  
Raging Celt

Mon Cal Exodus

7 hours ago, Tirion said:

*looks around* 

He.... He does know about x17s right....?

At my FLGS, the x17 and Intel Officer meta is so strong, the majority of times you will hardly ever use your redirect tokens effectively, and you hardly ever have a chance to use your brace. The only way to beat it in a non-squadron-spam list is to throw more dice at your opponent, which is hard to do when people are running 190 point ISD-IIs.

All these shield upgrades and transfers are easily negated by your opponent's upgrade cards.

48 minutes ago, GammonLord said:

Great card, but loads of (and for most part easier to use/plain better) competition for the title slot? I reckon Libertys would benefit most.

You need multiples of MCs for Exodus to work well. Couple of MC30s maybe. But then no Admo. And 10 pts. Sad.

2 hours ago, GammonLord said:

Great card, but loads of (and for most part easier to use/plain better) competition for the title slot? I reckon Libertys would benefit most.

The build coming to the forefront in my mind would be something like a double MC80A/C Ackbar build. If you shoehorn in projection experts you get an impresssive level of shield regen. 

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

You need multiples of MCs for Exodus to work well. Couple of MC30s maybe. But then no Admo. And 10 pts. Sad.

I've personally found it to be pretty cool. You trade the Admo mitigation on one ship for intense regen across basically your entire fleet. MC30s get 2 shields back with just a token. I've historically hated Ackbar because of the boring congoline style of play, but Ackbar MC75 and 2 MC30s with Exodus has been a lot of fun to play.

9 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

I've personally found it to be pretty cool. You trade the Admo mitigation on one ship for intense regen across basically your entire fleet. MC30s get 2 shields back with just a token. I've historically hated Ackbar because of the boring congoline style of play, but Ackbar MC75 and 2 MC30s with Exodus has been a lot of fun to play.

But no Exodus on the 75?

Is this mon cal exodus fleet card going to be a title or will we still be able to equip traditional titles to the mc ships?  I kind of think we will be able to equip a title plus this as a “fleet upgrade”.  Am I just completely wrong to be interpreting the text in this way?  

Just now, ninclouse2000 said:

Is this mon cal exodus fleet card going to be a title or will we still be able to equip traditional titles to the mc ships?  I kind of think we will be able to equip a title plus this as a “fleet upgrade”.  Am I just completely wrong to be interpreting the text in this way?  

completely wrong, Its a title card, as is shown on the back of the card. Same as task force antilles etc or the upcoming seventh fleet thats rumoured for ISD's.

15 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

completely wrong, Its a title card, as is shown on the back of the card. Same as task force antilles etc or the upcoming seventh fleet thats rumoured for ISD's.

I’m sure you’re probably correct but where in this article do they show the back of the exodus fleet card? The wording in the article is a “fleet upgrade”, not a “title upgrade”.  Again I’m admitting I’m probably wrong but I see no actual evidence to support that it’s a title card, and not an MC only upgrade card.  I would much prefer to equip this card to an mc30 if I still have the admonition title with it.  Same with home one.  It will be disappointing to me but I’m most likely incorrect but ffg will need to clarify this because I will be equipping this fleet upgrade and a traditional title until ffg states otherwise.

2 hours ago, ninclouse2000 said:

I’m sure you’re probably correct but where in this article do they show the back of the exodus fleet card? The wording in the article is a “fleet upgrade”, not a “title upgrade”.  Again I’m admitting I’m probably wrong but I see no actual evidence to support that it’s a title card, and not an MC only upgrade card.  I would much prefer to equip this card to an mc30 if I still have the admonition title with it.  Same with home one.  It will be disappointing to me but I’m most likely incorrect but ffg will need to clarify this because I will be equipping this fleet upgrade and a traditional title until ffg states otherwise.

Every upgrade card has an icon in a circle in the bottom left-hand side of the card that shows what type of upgrade it is. The exceptions to this are Commander and Title upgrades. Titles instead have a box in the bottom, left-hand side that has an outline of the ship (see Learn to Play manual page 21). Since this is a title that would apply across many models, instead of putting an outline of the ship, they put MC in Aurebesh. So we know it is a title based on the design of the card.

Keep in mind that a ship can only equip an upgrade whose icon is shown in their upgrade bar. The exceptions to this are (again) the Commander and the Title upgrades, which all ships can equip. The MC Exodus card is clearly not a commander. If it is not a title, then none of your ships can equip it. If it is a title upgrade, then you can only equip one title to each ship.

12 minutes ago, Astrodar said:

Every upgrade card has an icon in a circle in the bottom left-hand side of the card that shows what type of upgrade it is. The exceptions to this are Commander and Title upgrades. Titles instead have a box in the bottom, left-hand side that has an outline of the ship (see Learn to Play manual page 21). Since this is a title that would apply across many models, instead of putting an outline of the ship, they put MC in Aurebesh. So we know it is a title based on the design of the card.

Keep in mind that a ship can only equip an upgrade whose icon is shown in their upgrade bar. The exceptions to this are (again) the Commander and the Title upgrades, which all ships can equip. The MC Exodus card is clearly not a commander. If it is not a title, then none of your ships can equip it. If it is a title upgrade, then you can only equip one title to each ship.

Thanks.  Disappointed that this is the answer because this will just be another upgrade that I will never use.  It’s not better than the mc titles we already have but oh well. I can’t see me ever taking an mc30 without one of the two titles it already has and I’m not taking an mc80 home one without the home one title.  Maybe on the liberty class I guess but I’d need to use the title on 2 mc type ships which would be a problem for me.  It would have made more sense to just call this a new type of upgrade rather than a title.