Jump to content
Crimsonwarlock

Dubs 11 Poe-Han

Recommended Posts

On 1/13/2018 at 8:58 AM, Tbetts94 said:

Definitely leaving the list packed in my bag. I love running Han. Going to try that double Falcon list next week too that made cut in Chicago. See if it was luck/player skill or if there was something to it.

Did you ever get to that double Resistance Sympathizer list?  It looked really cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NLJUNGBERG said:

what's the BB-8 version?

I just upped Poe to BB-8 and took some points off Han. In this case swapped in Rey for HSCP. I'm actually thinking HSCP and Baze Malbus might be a compromise option, though I'm going to have a couple of games with your list too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

I just upped Poe to BB-8 and took some points off Han. In this case swapped in Rey for HSCP. I'm actually thinking HSCP and Baze Malbus might be a compromise option, though I'm going to have a couple of games with your list too. 

Lemme know how you do. Im curious to try it as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, theBitterFig said:

Did you ever get to that double Resistance Sympathizer list?  It looked really cool.

I haven't had a chance yet sadly, I do have it in my bag and ready to go when I have a chance to play. Problem has been other lists have been higher priority to play with my limited time now. 

 

I did get a chance to put this list on the table last night versus Quickdraw plus 2 boats. 

 

Han Solo (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Rey (2)
C-3PO (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)
Norra Wexley (29)
Push the Limit (3)
Tactician (2)
R2-D2 (4)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)
Total: 97
 
Nora was very good. She tanked two Harpoons and a primary from Quickdraw first engagement and was able to distract them for the rest of the game while Han did work and never even died. Ended the game with full shields and 4 cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tbetts94 said:

Played PS11 Han/Poe again but tried BB-8 instead of R2-D2, played against Nym/Miranda. R2-D2 is just so much stronger. I won but the game would have been so much easier with R2. Poe needs some sort of Regen either with Comm Relay for an Evade or a Droid.

What’s your current version of the list look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tbetts94 said:

Played PS11 Han/Poe again but tried BB-8 instead of R2-D2, played against Nym/Miranda. R2-D2 is just so much stronger. I won but the game would have been so much easier with R2. Poe needs some sort of Regen either with Comm Relay for an Evade or a Droid.

Europe doesn't believe you!  

Why do you think regen would have been better?  Nym/Miranda will never get a missile off on BB-8 Poe and he should be able to dodge most, if not all, bombs...aside from EI-slam-bombing.  He can get TLT'ed to death, but that should take a while, with Han hammering on those 1-agility ships the whole time.  

@BlodVargarna and I played a Vassal game, albeit me with Poe/Dash, him with a couple b/SFs and Jess...so definitely not the same meta matchup, but I'd imagine Poe/Han would approach things in a similar manner.  Regardless, I still feel I demonstrated that patience and picking engagements can make bombs virtually impudent.

I'd also consider that this is one game, in a vacuum.  You won it, which is great.  There are other matchups where regen may not play nearly as useful of a role and BB-8 is just better.

Edited by gennataos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Why do you think regen would have been better?  Nym/Miranda will never get a missile off on BB-8 Poe and he should be able to dodge most, if not all, bombs...aside from EI-slam-bombing.  He can get TLT'ed to death, but that should take a while, with Han hammering on those 1-agility ships the whole time. 

They never got a missile off and like you said BB-8 doesn’t help against EI Miranda. TLT actually hits BB-8 Poe. Also, Harpoons on Regen Poe don’t matter, Poe may only take one Harpoon and even then he takes 2 Damage into shields from Harpoons, runs away, Regens those shields, then can action the Harpoon off and Regen the damage he may take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tbetts94 said:

They never got a missile off and like you said BB-8 doesn’t help against EI Miranda. TLT actually hits BB-8 Poe. Also, Harpoons on Regen Poe don’t matter, Poe may only take one Harpoon and even then he takes 2 Damage into shields from Harpoons, runs away, Regens those shields, then can action the Harpoon off and Regen the damage he may take. 

What, specifically, happened in the game where you feel regen would have been better?  Something like Poe got bombed, then TLTed to death soon after? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gennataos said:

What, specifically, happened in the game where you feel regen would have been better?  Something like Poe got bombed, then TLTed to death soon after? 

The 3 TLT damage I could have regened easily. If I could have regened before the bomb damage came 3 turns later, Poe would have had his shields gone and that's it. Not death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tonycanevaro said:

What’s your current version of the list look like?

Been using the same loadout as OP still. I like it the most. Its the same Han that I was running before Adv Optics came out and was switching between partners, so I'm very familiar with the Han.

 

Speaking of Han I just made this. Granted its a template someone made and an image someone made. But will just be for me.

 

https://imgur.com/a/fFhg0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had some success with hotshot copilot, I think I'm sticking with that for a while. Messes with advanced optics, deadeye and generally reduces the incoming damage quite a bit.

Can't afford it with gunner, so I settled on Rey and a 1 point initiative bid. That came in handy against a Kylo/RAC list and should also work against Quickdraw and Nus. I'm not sure how many points the average Dash/Poe comes in at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The need for bid isn't really that high, if your opponent take the initiative you get to fly last and strip all the TL and arcdodge. If you fly first you  can block or blow something up in a turn with Hotshot Han Gunner combo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NLJUNGBERG said:

The need for bid isn't really that high, if your opponent take the initiative you get to fly last and strip all the TL and arcdodge. If you fly first you  can block or blow something up in a turn with Hotshot Han Gunner combo

 

Interesting you say that, I think I need to get better at moving first. I guess with things like gunboats it does at least mean you can speed into range one and deny them their harpoon. 

Edited by ayedubbleyoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Han with Rey/C-3PO can “solo” Nym/Miranda as long as Miranda doesn’t get off any Harpoons once Nym dies, which just means you gotta put Han in good spots. Han’s Damage output can overtake Miranda’s because Han will always at least block one TLT, a bonus if he happens to block two. 

 

 

Also if PS Wars ever go down. The list can go to PS10 and save 3 points (2 from Poe, 1 from Han). I could potentially bring Poe down now to PS10 to make sure Han moves last for a 2 Point bid. Key now is Rebel Fenn Coordinating a Ghost with full knowledge. 

Edited by Tbetts94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tbetts94 said:

So Han with Rey/C-3PO can “solo” Nym/Miranda as long as Miranda doesn’t get off any Harpoons once Nym dies, which just means you gotta put Han in good spots. Han’s Damage output can overtake Miranda’s because Han will always at least block one TLT, a bonus if he happens to block two. 

What would you say are the best spots? Anything in range one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ayedubbleyoo said:

What would you say are the best spots? Anything in range one?

Against Miranda in the end game, Range 1 for sure. She can’t do TLT and she’ll want to regenerate after your do some pretty good damage for sure. Just be careful on the angle for bomblets next turn and cluster mines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Han Solo (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Rey (2)
C-3PO (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Miranda Doni (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Sabine Wren (2)
Bomblet Generator (3)
Long-Range Scanners (0)

Total: 97

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

 

What about this to give Han a bid and not have a Poe scared of HSCP that’s entered into the meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah my concern recently has been Fenn with Hotshot (my other slightly more casual list has him and Poe together haha, along with Wedge) and also the lack of initiative bids with so many things ramping up to PS11. I suppose you can't go wrong with Miranda, other than the fact that I'm tired of seeing Miranda. But Han in this build is a monster especially if you guarantee that initiative. Sounds pretty sensible. Again Miranda is a nightmare to chase and has regen, which fits well with this as a 'no good options' list to face. Whoever you chase, you've made the wrong choice... probably. I suppose you have to be a bit more cautious about high PS Harpoons with Miranda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...