GM Hooly

Basic Stats: A Horse

Anyone want to have a crack at stats for a horse?

Horse (Rival)

Brawn: 4; Agility 2; Intelllect: 2; Cunning 2; Willpower 1; Presence 1

Soak 4; Wounds 14

Athletics 2

Abilities: Trained (If properly trained, a horse provides <B> to all riding checks)

Equipment: Hoofs (Brawl, Damage 6, Crit 4, Range Engaged, Knockdown).

Edited by GM Hooly

Horses were statted out in Stay on Target, if I recall. They were a Star Wars horse analogue, but I feel like it was very clearly based on a real Earth horse.

I'd probably use those.

Brawn 4, Agility 4, Intellect 1, Cunning 1, Willpower 1, Presence 2

Soak 5, Wounds 16, no defense

With 2 in athletics, 1 in coordinination

Silhouette 2, with two special talents, domesticable 2 (which downgraded the difficulty of checks to train horses by two), trained mount 2 (which added two boost to a rider's Survival checks while mounted on a horse.

And the weapons are trampling hooves, with damage 8, critical 4, and knockdown

There was a specific way to derive stats from an animal to a vehicle. Default was silhouette 2, unless stated otherwise. Speed was half agility rounded up. Handling was agility minus silhouette and willpower.

Edited by Ricky Olie

Are you guys going to be treating mounts as vehicles? I feel like for a Fantasy game, at least, it just isn't worth bringing in all those rules (especially since vehicles vs non-vehicles is wonky).

I'm thinking just a free Move maneuver that doesn't count towards your maximum and a setback to attacks while mounted in combat and difficulty increases for anyone on foot against horses in chases?

Edited by Colyer

I guess creatures that can be used as mount shoud've a few more stats. I did something like this when I created my own customized sheets to Star Wars. I did 3 models: 1) characters/creatures, 2) ships/vehicles, 3) creatures that could be mounts as well.

Basically we need: silhouette, speed, handling, crew, encumbrance capacity, passenger capacity, cost/rarity and weapons, in addition to any basic stat, like people already done.

Btw, I'd give to a horse 3 3 1 2 2 1. S4, W18. 2 Athletics sounds good.

Hooves, with damage 8, critical 4, knockdown and disorient 1

Ricky Olie did something great with "Silhouette 2, with two special talents, domesticable 2 (which downgraded the difficulty of checks to train horses by two), trained mount 2 (which added two boost to a rider's Survival checks while mounted on a horse" with I agree.

As a mount I'd add:

Silhouette: 2
Speed: 2
Handling: +1
Crew: 1 (the rider)
Encumbrance capacity: 4 or 5
Passenger capacity: 1
Cost/rarity: idk/ 4 or 5, but it'd vary a lot from place to place
Weapons: hooves (already described)

14 hours ago, KosherInfidel said:

What is that?!?! ^  And where is it?

The picture? It is the start of my Beatiary for my campaign. The last section of my setting/house rules. Very rough rules very specific to our game.

i just happened to have spaced out horses when I saw this post. 

Tron

5 hours ago, GMTron said:

The picture? It is the start of my Beatiary for my campaign. The last section of my setting/house rules. Very rough rules very specific to our game.

i just happened to have spaced out horses when I saw this post. 

Tron

Yeah, I thought it was a bestiary doc for the system.  It looks awesome!  Are you using the GMBinder for that?

36 minutes ago, KosherInfidel said:

Yeah, I thought it was a bestiary doc for the system.  It looks awesome!  Are you using the GMBinder for that?

No I am not.  All my players are Mac users.  We play across 3 Asian's cities depending on travel schedules, so believe it or not, this is all done inside of Pages.app.  I created a template and then shared this to my players in Read Only view and they can see it.  We use that along with @SkyJedi Dice online dice roller (https://dice.skyjedi.com), and then video with Skype. 

Tron

Just now, GMTron said:

No I am not.  All my players are Mac users.  We play across 3 Asian's cities depending on travel schedules, so believe it or not, this is all done inside of Pages.app.  I created a template and then shared this to my players in Read Only view and they can see it.  We use that along with @SkyJedi Dice online dice roller (https://dice.skyjedi.com), and then video with Skype. 

Tron

That's incredible.  I am using Pages for my Eberron adaptation.  How did you generate the trait blocks and such?  Copy and paste and then make editable?  You have me going crazy now!!!

1 hour ago, GMTron said:

Tron

There is a Genesys version of the web roller at https://genesys.skyjedi.com

11 hours ago, KosherInfidel said:

That's incredible.  I am using Pages for my Eberron adaptation.  How did you generate the trait blocks and such?  Copy and paste and then make editable?  You have me going crazy now!!!

The trait block is from @Korlall custom cards (link below). I then add text boxes for the stats and then group everything when I am done. Once I had one done I just copy and paste. Then Ungroup edit, group again and keep doing it that way. 

Korlall custom cards 

Tron