Grungyape

Iron Kingdoms Conversion?

So as a big fan of (reading) Iron Kingdoms books, I wondered if anyone was working on an IK conversion to Genesys.

In a quick and dirty, it seems you can almost just use both the fantasy and steampunk classes and abilities and walk away ready to go, but was hoping someone might have this started.  While not a player of the game, looking at the system, it nearly seems as if it is of "similar" design.

yes, already running a game of IK using Genesys.

Races have been made, careers i started making but i think i will backtrack on that and create a simpler way to handle it (basicly the same as the twilight imperium conversion)

gear and magic is being handled as it comes up.

but, the game im running, is not written down in a way that makes it easy to share, also my way of converting the setting, does not mean direct convertion of system, and thus ive taken some liberties with adapting the game to fit the lore of iron kingdoms, rather than the system. (like Iosans having trait that reflect their isolationism, rather than getting additional talents)

So I'd ask you to share anything you have, as it always helps... but I'm also about to ask a really dumb question. 

If say, I were reading Murder in Corvus, or Black River Irregulars... what version of IK am I reading about?

I was not aware the game went through various systems.  There appears to be "unlimited" and "full metal"

As far as RPGs go there is an old D20 version and the current version with their own system. As for the lore and background I do not believe they have done any resets so it should be a contiguous back history starting with war machine miniature game 1st edition on thru to present products.

I made a dirty SWEOTE conversion a year ago for IK (based on the one with the d6 mechanic), which we have been running for a year now. It's wildly unbalanced and full of holes and only few careers and talent trees have been evaluated properly.

Now I'm working on a more polished "2nd version" based on lessons from Genesys, although it's still just bare bones (species are done, not much else).

A disclaimer: our gaming group is very non-combat oriented (on average 1 combat encounter per 2 or 3 sessions and characters mostly non-combat careers),  so I have taken a lot of liberties in dropping or downgrading the heaviest (most iconic?) careers like Warcaster. Instead I have focused on the narrative talents, civilian careers (Laborer, Jailer, Craftsman, Jockey...) and made the combat careers a bit more useful in narrative play. For some IK enthusiasts, it's probably a sacrilege and heresy :)

I could share something once I get around to clean up some proprietary stuff from the materials.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:12 AM, iseir said:

yes, already running a game of IK using Genesys.

Races have been made, careers i started making but i think i will backtrack on that and create a simpler way to handle it (basicly the same as the twilight imperium conversion)

gear and magic is being handled as it comes up.

but, the game im running, is not written down in a way that makes it easy to share, also my way of converting the setting, does not mean direct convertion of system, and thus ive taken some liberties with adapting the game to fit the lore of iron kingdoms, rather than the system. (like Iosans having trait that reflect their isolationism, rather than getting additional talents)

Has any additional progress been made on this, love to see what you have, even if incomplete.

On 4/2/2018 at 5:14 PM, Grungyape said:

Has any additional progress been made on this, love to see what you have, even if incomplete.

sorry for slow response, im rarely on the forum.

I have written up some parts, and some have been worked out along with players, so i would consider it incomplete and not fully tested, but here is what i got:

Genesys  (Web view)

Iron Kingdoms  (Web view)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvCtpTABTVSCjU26LXrXOuMJUuoT

Edited by iseir

1 hour ago, iseir said:

sorry for slow response, im rarely on the forum.

I have written up some parts, and some have been worked out along with players, so i would consider it incomplete and not fully tested, but here is what i got:

Genesys  (Web view)

Iron Kingdoms  (Web view)

Awesome, and thanks.  Just to ask, these links... they go to a (one drive) login page, and nothing appears to be there.

Edited by Grungyape

its to a onenote document, where i have written a bunch of stuff.

I was linking it from the onenote app, which was wierd, so i tried to get a proper link from the software, so hopefully it should work now.