Jump to content
Truthiness

Profundity Up!

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

No way?

 

Sato + Expanded Launchers or Racks + Confire + WAB + an ordnance cruise front arc...

 

thats 8 black dice for s potentisl 16 in one shot...

 

Which could be re rolled with either Ordnance or Caitken/Shollan...

 

... Likely? No... But Potential  and thus, at least “one way”

As a note, this could be stupid amounts of damage to gallant haven AND a dead Jan “by accident”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Profundity, or: how the Battle of Scarif comes alive on the gaming mat. Hot d*mn, from a fluff perspective, this is almost too awesome for words!

Raddus can wait to later hyperspace in, supporting the troops that are already at the scene, his magnificent flagship being the visual and military centerpiece of the fleet. Profundity can go toe to toe with an ISD if done right, especially with its competent brigde crew, and when it is inevitably Boarding Trooper'ed, it can even blast the Tantive IV out of its hangar if you so desire. 

Sure, some of what we have been shown here will surely need to prove itself competitively, but seriously, you could read almost any card shown and point to an exact moment in R1 to explain to your opponent precisely what is happening. Build a Profundity List with Nebs, Hammerheads and GR 75s to taste, have the Tantive IV wait in its bowel, support it with Xs and Ys. Then have it go up against double ISDs led by Vader, put Goran on  one, and season with a buttload of TiEs- this is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait wait wait, so

swm30_card_mc75-ordnance-cruiser.png

might just be the first ship in the game that actively wants to use

rapid-reload.png

*mind blown*

Basically, 3 rerollable black dice offers a pretty reliable and substantial improvement in triggering black crits from 2 rerollable black dice, and I think it's safe to assume the Ordnance MC75 wants to be double-arcing whenever possible, especially if it's using ACMs or APTs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Visovics said:

Just some corrections :D 

You can only activate one critical in an attack without Fire Control Teams. If you run them, you don't have re-rollable dice. I don't see a reason to run both ACMs and APTs (if you want to be able to reroll dice).

Edited by Astrodar
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Visovics said:

Just some corrections :D 

...except it can't use both of those and Rapid Reload and get rerollable black dice from Ordnance Experts to reliably trigger the crits because it's using Fire-Control Team instead, so... okay?

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not sure Imperials are ever going to get a double-ordnance + weapon team ship because Screed (or Vader) and Fire-Control Team would break it pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snipafist said:


Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not sure Imperials are ever going to get a double-ordnance + weapon team ship because Screed (or Vader) and Fire-Control Team would break it pretty quickly.

I could see maybe a 10 pt offensive retrofit adding an additional ord slot,  or something like that, but other than that I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HERO said:

I bet that underused cards like Rapid Reload all get funneled into some telemetry database somewhere that says "creative design; please start here".

First, if they do that, they deserve awesome kudos. 

But i don't think they do. There are some upgrades taht are just awful from the start of the game.  At least this game, seems to have better mathematicians in high places than Xwing does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Astrodar said:

You can only activate one critical in an attack without Fire Control Teams. If you run them, you don't have re-rollable dice. I don't see a reason to run both ACMs and APTs.

You are facing a tanky rebel fleet, that redirects a lot of the damage and that repairs shields often. APTs will pierce the shields and give them a hard time, while ACM eats shields away, making it harder to repair and redirect at same time. Heck, one hit crit only from each shot of the double arc can take down a neb instantly if it attacks the front... acm is a shield eating machine, APT is a hull eating machine, both combined are ship eating machines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Twins weapons team could be useful on an MC30 in an Ackbar list?  Reroll your reds at long range and then switch to rerolling blacks when up close?

But also the simple fact that you get to roll and then choose is pretty nice.  I still feel like on any ranged ship it will be competing with gunnery teams though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, millerlk said:

pity there was no hint about when we have that nasty ship in our hands ;)

Amazon reports that it will be available March 20th. I expect that local stores will have it several weeks sooner than this, if that date is accurate. Truthfully, I anticipate "on the boat" within two weeks and release six weeks after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, duck_bird said:

The Twins weapons team could be useful on an MC30 in an Ackbar list?  Reroll your reds at long range and then switch to rerolling blacks when up close?

But also the simple fact that you get to roll and then choose is pretty nice.  I still feel like on any ranged ship it will be competing with gunnery teams though.

The big price is losing it on one of your attacks each turn. The twins rocking out on an MC30 are extending its Ordnance Experts to its red dice, but losing it on the second arc.

Edited by svelok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

...except it can't use both of those and Rapid Reload and get rerollable black dice from Ordnance Experts to reliably trigger the crits because it's using Fire-Control Team instead, so... okay?

Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not sure Imperials are ever going to get a double-ordnance + weapon team ship because Screed (or Vader) and Fire-Control Team would break it pretty quickly.

You may just be lucky :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FoaS said:

Amazon reports that it will be available March 20th. I expect that local stores will have it several weeks sooner than this, if that date is accurate. Truthfully, I anticipate "on the boat" within two weeks and release six weeks after that.

Which is what, start of March now?

20th if we assume 6 weeks on the boat and then 8-14 days “shipping now” ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Onidsen said:

I suppose it's probably best that Caitken and Shollan are weapons teams, not officers. But I honestly think that Gunnery teams and Dual Turbolaser turrets are a better choice for Ackbar Assault Frigates. Caitken and Shollan are certainly much better than Veteran Gunners, so there's that, at least.

An MC80 Assault with Defiance and Leading Shots is 123 points, for 6 (w/ Ackbar) re-rollable red dice.

An AF Mk II B with Calvin and Hobbes and Enhanced Armaments is 88 points for the same.

Edited by svelok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, svelok said:

An MC80 Assault with Defiance and Leading Shots is 123 points, for 6 (w/ Ackbar) re-rollable red dice.

An AFB

If only the MC80A could take a weapons team...

If the twins were an officer upgrade, they'd be amazing! Maybe even OP. As a weapons team, they are making us ask the question - are they worth the opportunity cost of not getting Gunnery Teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...